well it's not the ol' shark but it's still a fun ride !!!!! :D

kubota006_zps9f289348.jpg

kubota014_zps6fb1251a.jpg

kubota009_zps6c604bcd.jpg

kubota010_zpsd219f906.jpg

as you can see the garage i have now is pretty small. the shop at the new place will be 32 x 36 with 12 ft ceiling and two 10 x 10 insulated roll-up doors. a couple of years down the road i would like to put up one of those steel buildings as a storage/driving shed. that little kubota is an amazing machine, very versatile. it is always surprising me with what it can do. a larger machine wouldn't be able to get into some of the places that i do with the little bx25.

yesterday was a good day to work, sunny and 48f. i have started to clear the building site of any remaining trees and brush. i'm making big brush piles and i will rent a 6" chipper to clean it all up. it will be much faster that way and i have a use for the chips. i'm thinking that in about a week to ten days that the frost will be out. the ground should be firmed up enough by then to bring in the well drilling rig and then the hi-hoe to dig the basement.

Good for you Doug. You know what that means tho, O, my aching back! But the end results will be well worth it. Sound like a stellar shop, I'm at eleven feet and wish I had the extra foot for my four poster hoist. Take lots of pictures of the project, so we can keep up with your progress.
Rob

meeting with a well driller this morning to go over location, pricing etc. plans are to bring the drilling rig in next week. then off to the township office to get the permit application package. permit fees around here are ridiculous - i will be over 15k when all is said and done and the only services i get are snowploughing on the township road !!! the taxes will be considerably less than i pay now - they assume people living on the lake are fabulously wealthy !!! :seeya: doug.

Me thinks you are going to be a busy boy this summer Doug. We built our place many years ago so can identify with what you are facing. Your new shop will be a little larger than ours but I have a theory that goes like this, "Stuff will accumulate to fill any given space." I have yet to see the theory fail, especially if you are a do-it-yourself type guy like I am. We'll have to drop by from time to time to see your progress. Getting started early in the spring gives you more than enough time to get the place up before the fall. Have fun. I hope you are not too busy to have lunch with us at the airport on the 24th. ;)

did the last of the clearing for the builing site today and made some big brush piles in prep for the chipper. the well driller felt the location i had hoped for to put the well was a good spot. i'm pleased with his pricing too - $25./ft.

april8034_zpsef8d7b4c.jpg

april8023_zps7e9f24c8.jpg

april8019_zps643e3409.jpg

the frost is out and the ground has dried up nicely, good drainage here, never any standing water anywhere. the well driller is setting up on monday. my excavater guy will be digging the test holes for the septic system as a preliminary requirement for the building permit. i should save a bit on building materials too as i have a buddy that works at a large building centre. he is going to set me up with a contractor account plus an additional 10%. this friend was a professional window installer for 25 years prior to the lumber company so he and i will do the windows when the framing crew is finished. he also has a top of the line sheet metal brake i can use anytime, only 2 minutes away. :seeya:

Thank God the weather has improved and you can get started in a timely fashion Doug .. Sounds like it's progressing nicely and will be a very exciting time for you and the family.
I wish you well (literally and figuratively :D).
Nice to have good help and support too. Friends are a real blessing.

Pics of progress when available please.

C.

the boys got the rig up on the stabilizers and planked under the wheels and backed her up another 15 feet. and now we're drillin', hope not to go over 100 feet, only 8 feet before we got into the limestone bed. it's not very often that my josie girl isn't with me. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread