tqracr

2 You're 10
Mar 5, 2011
brighton ontario/Port Charlotte Fla
VetteCoins
Car
03 50th Aniversary
I drove my Vette to the orchard to let my dog have a run. The farmer who has alot of money was all pissy face because i have a Vette when he came to see us ,We were always allowed to let the dogs go there.
As a result He says that he is closing the orchard to dogs .
I am so fed up with bullshit with the ownership of a Vette .
I guess he will take the gas pipe when he sees my new Benz.
These cars are a pain in the ass!!!!
I will be selling mine I have had ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of this bullshit.

TQRCR, you need to take a pill and slow down. Walk the dog and enjoy the views, life is too short for you to be so worked up about a farmer and his orchard! Sit back, have a brew and enjoy life, and your dog will too.

Good evening,

You're just hanging out with the wrong farmers obviously. Remember that there are some farmers who actually own Corvettes who would be so happy to meet you!

Seeding finally started, the first 7 acres are in, what a struggle!

Cheers,

Garry

Thanks ,the corvette jealousy wears alot thin around here.Small town thinking.
The farmer was ok with the orchard for years until he saw my vette.
Thats all he could talk about when he came to see who owned it when we were walking there.
It was ok with the Cruze and the Denali , but no vette.
The Corvette fever has been gone for a while anyways, the only nice thing is the people like Keith and Buckhorn, Navion, and othersI have met.

Life is way too short to be consumed by what others may think, was this about a man who drove a corvette really.I do not think so, a big over reaction i do see that.Do not sweat the small stuff drive what you want and people do not judge you for what you drive or what you do not drive re think things before you make a decision chill out and enjoy every minute of life.

Kent

I always tell people with corvette jealousy/envy that they paid more for their brand new car than I did on the corvette. Makes them stop and think.

Forget the haters and enjoy the car!

People automatically think that all the Corvettes out there are really expensive. We have a fair bit less tied up in ours than our son has in his GMC crew cab 4X4. A guy down the road has more than double tied up in his Dodge, turbo diesel duallie crew cab yet people look at me like I am the rich guy. Actually, that's why I have a few bucks in the bank. In selling the COPO Chevelle and our L78 Chevelle I had enough to buy a new ZR1. We bought the seven year old 13K mile Corvette instead. A nearly new car and money in the bank too is good enough for me. Too many people keep themselves broke trying to look rich. I'll never be rich but we are comfortable and that is fine with me. What others think is their problem.

Life is way too short to be consumed by what others may think, was this about a man who drove a corvette really.I do not think so, a big over reaction i do see that.Do not sweat the small stuff drive what you want and people do not judge you for what you drive or what you do not drive re think things before you make a decision chill out and enjoy every minute of life.

Kent
Hummm , Hummmm Yep,pretty much

There will always be haters. Enjoy it dont let it bother you. These cars are awesome and puts a huge smile on my face everytime I fire up the engine and go :D

Dont get rid of it...Drive it and enjoy :canada:

We have not met yet but I was hoping to meet you and see your car at one of the get togethers with Keith and Doug. Give it some thought and as others have suggested just chill and enjoy your car. Brighter days ahead.

How is the Can Am Midget season shaping up? If you are really going to sell it lets buy a supermodified, I will drive. :rofl:

Hey Dan, totally understandable how some people can totally derail something that is supposed to be fun. It does suck that people see a Corvette and just think, ching-ching. I had comments made about me at my last work place "Give it to the engineer with the Corvette". Funny thing is, I was the only engineer there! :rofl: It's not my fault if the owner is a tight ass with the production staff and not my fault if I enjoy cars. It also funny that over half of the cars at work that the production staff own cost more than my Corvette and truck combined, but they just see the Corvette.
At my new work place, customers park near where we park and even though most of the other vehicles in the lot cost a lot more than mine, I bet some customers point to the Corvette and think our rates are too high if the employees there can afford such a car. Funny they never see me driving a $500 truck the other 6 months of the year or realize their car cost more than mine. It's just a burden we have to bear. It's not just Corvettes. Anything just a bit above the standard gets judged harshly by ignorant people. The trick is to just realize that they are jealous/ignorant people and to try to not let it phase you. But it does suck for us without a thick skin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.