Aug 15, 2018
Village of Navan
VetteCoins
Car
2024 Camaro 2SS
Province
ON
Well folks, the time has come to leave the Corvette family. After 6 years and 2 amazing Vettes, I have traded my beautiful 2019 GS for a 2024 Camaro 2SS. Don't diss me too much, but I know, I know .... it is not a Vette. Same LT1 engine but a long way from a Corvette. This will be my last sports car and as I approach 78, I needed something that was easier to enter and exit. If I bought a Mustang or a Challenger then you could really diss me, but I would not have announced it ;).

I will remain a member of this forum and follow the shenanigans. Thanks for all the support.

By the way the main Camaro forum is terrible!

2024 Camaro.png

Last edited:
Well folks, the time has come to leave the Corvette family. After 6 years and 2 amazing Vettes, I have traded my beautiful 2019 GS for a 2024 Camaro 2SS. Don't diss me too much, but I know, I know .... it is not a Vette. Same LT1 engine but a long way from a Corvette. This will be my last sports car and as I approach 78, I needed something that was easier to enter and exit. If I bought a Mustang or a Challenger then you could really diss me, but I would not have announced it ;).

I will remain a member of this forum and follow the shenanigans. Thanks for all the support.

By the way the main Camaro forum is terrible! But I just discovered that Nik has a Canadian Camaro Forum - many thanks Nik.

View attachment 116959
Nice car.
Getting old is a bitch, right?

Nice car.
Getting old is a bitch, right?

Age does add some challenges. Still in decent shape, e.g. Yesterday, I changed the winter wheels over to the summer set to prepare for the trade-in. I find it is getting more challenging to enter and exit the Vette - now if there was a booster seat available on Amazon ....

Looks like my Vette winter wheels with the Michelin Alpins will fit the new Camaro. Just not sure about the offset but if I have to add spacers, it is no issue. Fingers crossed.

• Happy
Reactions: MKC8
I see you're staying true to your "sport car guy" roots; good on you, not letting your "young age" take that away from you!

My first new vehicle purchase was a 1984 Camaro Z28 which I took for a test drive only "for fun" (convinced I'd never buy it)...but then fell in love with the cornering/steering/responsiveness and back then, it was the only "sport car" I could afford with the help of GMAC 5-year financing. In other words, I have fond memories of that Camaro and don't think you need to apologize on these Forums for your vehicle choice. Best of luck as you motor down the road of life...

I know where you are coming from. Being 72 and with arthritis in my back, hips and knees, I am thinking of returning to my redneck ways and going back to owning a pick up.
Much easier to enter and exit.
I had a Silverado High Country from 2015 to 2020 - absolutely loved it. Have had sellers remorse for 3 years. But the Stingray did not fit in the bed 😂

Reactions: Dik
@Vanguard2001 hope you get much enjoyment out of the Camaro. Glad you are still going to be hanging around, we will want to hear all about the new ride. Best of Luck.:thumbs:
Since I joined the CCF, your contributions have helped me with the subtleties of Vette ownership. Also, there is a great deal of respect for each other on this platform that is attributable to the moderator leadership.

I see you're staying true to your "sport car guy" roots; good on you, not letting your "young age" take that away from you!

My first new vehicle purchase was a 1984 Camaro Z28 which I took for a test drive only "for fun" (convinced I'd never buy it)...but then fell in love with the cornering/steering/responsiveness and back then, it was the only "sport car" I could afford with the help of GMAC 5-year financing. In other words, I have fond memories of that Camaro and don't think you need to apologize on these Forums for your vehicle choice. Best of luck as you motor down the road of life...
The research I did on the Camaro indicates it will be a good driver. 2024 is the 'final' production year and I was fortunate to sneak away with a 2SS vert, automatic just as production was completed.

I bought my 78 SA from a gentleman that was having issues in and out of it. he was 76 and i asked him if he was gonna miss his car and he replied he was purchasing a new Camaro, i am a few years away still but probably go that way when the time comes.
Enjoy Van, and my daily driver is a 1/2 ton, we won't mention the brand.....lol

Attachments

• 78.jpeg
    78.jpeg
    653 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Vanguard2001
I bought my 78 SA from a gentleman that was having issues in and out of it. he was 76 and i asked him if he was gonna miss his car and he replied he was purchasing a new Camaro, i am a few years away still but probably go that way when the time comes.
Enjoy Van, and my daily driver is a 1/2 ton, we won't mention the brand.....lol
Thanks for the encouragement. The one difference I see though is you bought your '78 from a gentleman. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Dik

By the way the main Camaro forum is terrible!

View attachment 116959
Here’s hoping that you are still doing burnouts at 88 ! Good on ya.

As a former Camaro and Firebird club president I think you are getting a really nice fun car.
I hope it's a stick, but even if it's not the paddles can be fun.
Congrats!
I debated the Camaro M6 Murray, and it was available as a 2SS or a 1LZ , but once again the arthritis won - left leg has some issues. My first Stingray was a M7 and it was pure joy, and more so after I installed the skip-shift eliminator. In 2021, a Cadillac CT-4V Blackwing M6 came my way after the original order back out. I kept it for 7 months and the smile is still on my face. I was raised on many varieties of a stick, some on the tree and others on the floor but always more interesting to drive than a slush box. Paddles it is, and I use them frequently in the C7 GS.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.