Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Good day everyone!

I don't have much experience with waxes and polishes. In the past I used Nu Finish on my truck. My experience with this product was that it would make the paint look nice but the beading effect would only last maybe three washes.

I tried Rejex and Armour All Butter Smooth Wax on my Chevelle. The Rejex definitely left a better shine.

I hope to redo the finish on the Corvette with Rejex after claying the paint this summer. However, the car has never been waxed, polished or anything and despite being able to feel contaminates in the paint, it still beads like new paint so I am hesitant to start a process with waxing as then it will be something I have to maintain to keep it beading. I have Zaino also sitting at home but will try Rejex first.

My question is, what do you have experience with and what products do you like/dislike?

Did both my Corvette and Jeep Liberty two years ago. Covered them both with two coats of Rejex and they still bead water like crazy. If you do two coats wait at least a day between so that it can set up properly. Make sure you do the glass too and you;ll never have a bug stick to the windshield again!!
Rob

No idea. Bought several different ones and not happy with any (Armour All, and Glass & Shine). Once I use them up I want to try Adam's water activated polish. The video shows it to work very well... but the proof is in the pudding (actually the car polish). Feed back appreciated.

I use Mother's and McGuires products. Clay bar's, different grades of polish and then the Carnuba paste wax. After all that a quick detailer over the wax seems to seal and harden the wax over time. Finish is extremely good!
I also always buy a very good shampoo with carnuba wax in it and that also really helps maintain the finish.

Bill

Great feedback so far! Seems Armour All doesn't work that well (not too shocked). Looking forward to the Adam's reviews!

On a side note, I used to use Carnuba wax but I stopped when Mothers came out with 5 different Carnuba waxes. Too much reading to figure out which one to use! :D Nothing wrong with the wax. I just wanted something simple, but with 5 different types, I didn't know if I had to start at stage 1 and go through to stage 5 meaning I would have to buy 5 bottles of wax or if I could just get stage 4 and stage 5. It wasn't that well explained.

Reactions: jonsim
Has anyone tried Liquid Glass? I hear it provides a very nice shine and also protection with each coat. Coats can be applied over each other to increase protection.

Reactions: Dr. Lou
Here's a few photos....crappy camera though!

Bill

Attachments

• waxed cars 001.JPG
    waxed cars 001.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 61
  • waxed cars 005.JPG
    waxed cars 005.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 61
  • waxed cars 006.JPG
    waxed cars 006.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 62
  • waxed cars 007.JPG
    waxed cars 007.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 61
  • waxed cars 011.JPG
    waxed cars 011.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 64
  • waxed cars 012.JPG
    waxed cars 012.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 62
  • waxed cars 013.JPG
    waxed cars 013.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 61
  • waxed cars 016.JPG
    waxed cars 016.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 60
  • waxed cars 022.JPG
    waxed cars 022.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 60
  • waxed cars 025.JPG
    waxed cars 025.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 61
Few more......

Attachments

• waxed cars 002.JPG
    waxed cars 002.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 62
  • waxed cars 017.JPG
    waxed cars 017.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 60
  • waxed cars 024.JPG
    waxed cars 024.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 60
  • waxed cars 003.JPG
    waxed cars 003.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 59
  • waxed cars 018.JPG
    waxed cars 018.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 60
  • waxed cars 023.JPG
    waxed cars 023.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 54
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.