Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us update this list, please let me know what month and year you got on the list.

@butsy - on the list since July 2021- Brian Cullens
@TCinthe6 - on the list since Sept 2021- Brian Cullens
@Cam_rabbits - on the list since Nov 2021- Brian Cullens
@black2010gs - on the list since April 2022- Brian Cullens
@Mr.Corvette - on the list since April 2022- Brian Cullens
@Red Devil - on the list since April 2022- Brian Cullens
@DenisC8 - on the list since Sept 2022- Brian Cullens
@nialll - on the list since Jan 2023- Brian Cullens
@DW Ruby - on the list since March 2023- Brian Cullen
@Zedder - on the list April 2023 - Brian Cullen

@Joe95Polo - on the list since July 2022- Wilson Niblett
@harshadt - on the list- Bill Spencer
@DW Ruby - on the list since March 2023- Finch (London)
@DW Ruby - on the list since March 2023- Ray Cullen

@CamsC8 - on the list since July 2022- #1 at Ontario Motor Sales (Oshawa)
@black2010gs - on the list since Dec 2022- #4 at Ontario Motor Sales (Oshawa)
@D1J - on the list since Jan 2023- #5 at Ontario Motor Sales (Oshawa)
@HHL - VETTE - on the list since Feb 2023 - New Roads Chevy (Newmarket, ON)

@netsinah - on the list since April 2021- #1 at Capital Chevrolet (Calgary)
@crazylegs - on the list since March 2022- #2 at Capital Chevrolet (Calgary)
@Jdm127 - on the list since July 2022 - #8 at Capital Chevrolet (Calgary)
@2020C8#49 - on the list since Jan 2023- (Calgary)
@Sturmgewehr- on the list since Feb 2023- Sherwood Park (Edmonton)
@BFresh - on the list since Feb 2023 - Northgate GM (Edmonton)

@Tazzman270 - November 2020 - #1 at SMP in Saskatoon
@DDHRocks - on the list since Sept 2021- #3 at SMP in Saskatoon
@pumpkinodin8844 - on the list since March 2023 - Kenora Chevrolet (Kenora, Ontario)
@JCWP - on the list- Kelowna, Dave Wheaton (Victoria), and Dueck (Vancouver)

Reactions: CamsC8
Dealer from Capital admits that they don’t follow the list and VIPs get cars ahead of regular customers.
Pretty safe to say this happens at considerably more dealerships than you think, if not all of them. I have a friend who is a car collector and his company purchases dozens of fleet vehicles yearly. He received the first C8 to come to Alberta from a totally different dealer without even being on any list. Oh yeah. He paid $10k UNDER MSRP. The big birds get the best worms.

Remove me from the E-Ray list. I've cancelled my #1 spot with my dealership and crazylegs now moves into it. Thanks DenisC8!

I far prefer the Z06 and worry about the latest news that EV's/hybrids won't be allowed on a track.

[And "you're welcome" crazylegs...]
unfortunately from what the dealer from Capital Chevy told us, neither you or the next guys are truly #1 or #2 on their "list".

Last edited:
unfortunately from what the dealer from Capital Chevy told us, neither you or the next guys are truly #1 or #2 on their "list".
Like I replied previously, anyone who believes Capital's list functions any differently than most other dealership's lists needs to pull their head out of that dark place and enter the real world of how big business works.

Like I replied previously, anyone who believes Capital's list functions any differently than most other dealership's lists needs to pull their head out of that dark place and enter the real world of how big business works.
but so far only one dealer admitted to it publicly and a customer who has been on his list on spot #1 for 2 years has taken his deposit back the following day

but so far only one dealer admitted to it publicly and a customer who has been on his list on spot #1 for 2 years has taken his deposit back the following day
Lmao. Do you really expect dealers from all over jump in and admit to it as well? If Vaughn really wanted that Eray and that was his only reason for pulling his deposit he made a mistake, as even if he was bumped a couple times, he won't get to #4 anywhere else for sure now. Vaughn's interest has always been more with the Z06 anyway.

Reactions: gone
Remove me from the E-Ray list. I've cancelled my #1 spot with my dealership and crazylegs now moves into it. Thanks DenisC8!

I far prefer the Z06 and worry about the latest news that EV's/hybrids won't be allowed on a track.

Thanks Vaughn, but I’m going to have to see if things change with the eray being banned at the Alberta tracks before I put an order in as well. I also think resale price will be less because of this as well.

This issue with the tracks will inevitably get resolved.
It's a temporary, knee-jerk reaction by those liable for the facilities, in response to pressures from the insurance carriers.

At least a track is a relatively controlled environment, with qualified safety personnel on hand.
What about a multi-level hospital parking garage, a jammed freeway, or the manufacturing plants themselves?
There is a myriad of more dangerous scenarios that can be thrown around.
There's simply too much money at stake for anyone to pull the plug now on EV's (no pun intended).
I'm sure there are literally hundreds of very cleaver, forward thinking Engineers working on the solutions right now.

That said, and just to be safe, I think all of you guys ahead of me (lots of) should reconsider, and temporarily abandon your position in the E-Ray string.
I shall remain, as an ambassador of sorts, just so you have an insiders report for when the sparks truly begin to fly.
Don't worry about my personal well being - I promise to forsake any tracking, and should you wish to park 30ft away from my E-Ray, I will fully understand.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8 and gone
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I have read, the AWD only operates when you have battery charge as there is no connection from the mid engine to the front wheels. This gives the driver 3 to 4 miles of front wheel assist operation before the 1.9 kw battery needs to recharge. So does this make this car any better on the road race track than the Stingray. Certainly no more horsepower once the electric motors shut down. Now for a drag track car, things are different. The electric motors should give you several runs with the extra horsepower. I'm sure this is likely a weight issue as if it had battery power enough to run the front wheels longer than that, it would increase the weight of the vehicle considerably.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I have read, the AWD only operates when you have battery charge as there is no connection from the mid engine to the front wheels. This gives the driver 3 to 4 miles of front wheel assist operation before the 1.9 kw battery needs to recharge. So does this make this car any better on the road race track than the Stingray. Certainly no more horsepower once the electric motors shut down. Now for a drag track car, things are different. The electric motors should give you several runs with the extra horsepower. I'm sure this is likely a weight issue as if it had battery power enough to run the front wheels longer than that, it would increase the weight of the vehicle considerably.
It has regenerative braking as well as a quick recharge mode that charges off the engine. There are a couple videos out on utube that shows how it works.

How does this compare to the NSX awd system? I thought they were similar. Is there no regenerative braking? How is the battery charged?

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread