Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I have read, the AWD only operates when you have battery charge as there is no connection from the mid engine to the front wheels. This gives the driver 3 to 4 miles of front wheel assist operation before the 1.9 kw battery needs to recharge. So does this make this car any better on the road race track than the Stingray. Certainly no more horsepower once the electric motors shut down. Now for a drag track car, things are different. The electric motors should give you several runs with the extra horsepower. I'm sure this is likely a weight issue as if it had battery power enough to run the front wheels longer than that, it would increase the weight of the vehicle considerably.
Steering torque vectoring is the road race course benefit.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I was wondering why the Capital Chev guy was so compelled to come and blast me for the Z06 tracking information.

I'm looking forward to the E-Ray for the simple fact its very much like the outgoing NSX (which I also love) and its AWD ability and stealth mode (neighbors will love me now). It will be fun daily driving this machine and I'm not interested in track use as I have done that already with my prior C8 and Spring Mountain.

Reactions: Red Devil
I was wondering why the Capital Chev guy was so compelled to come and blast me for the Z06 tracking information.
I'm not condoning the level of his rant in the least but I would guess he's tired of the "where's my car" phone calls as this is something with the C8's at a level they haven't had to put up with before. Then when your list gets published here, which is easy to find comparatively, calls to the dealer are compounded, " Hey. You got x number of C8's. Now where am I on the list now. When will I get mine. How come I didn't move up the list. When are more coming."

Scenario: You're out on the lot for a couple hours showing customers Bolts or an Equinox or a Colorado and CamsC8 has just posted his latest update. You come back in to 60 phone messages, all wanting you to return their call. lol. Salesmen aren't making a living selling just Corvettes.

If I were a salesman, and my problem was too many phone calls, I think I would be looking for ways of minimizing them.
Perhaps a mass email to your Clients (once a week?), just letting them know what has been happening - that might free up some time.
Would certainly help until they realized it said the same thing every week... lol

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
If I were a salesman, and my problem was too many phone calls, I think I would be looking for ways of minimizing them.
Perhaps a mass email to your Clients (once a week?), just letting them know what has been happening - that might free up some time.
If a salesman is tired of helping the clients he is making money off of, then he is in the wrong business. He should work for the government where nobody cares about anyone! lol

If a salesman is tired of helping the clients he is making money off of, then he is in the wrong business. He should work for the government where nobody cares about anyone! lol
lol.... he's not making money off guys that are 2 years away from delivery. Our sales guys here sell 50 units per month. He's not going to slough that off to answer impatient phone messages that might pay off in 2 years....

lol.... he's not making money off guys that are 2 years away from delivery. Our sales guys here sell 50 units per month. He's not going to slough that off to answer impatient phone messages that might pay off in 2 years....
Ya right! lol. Go work at a bowling center then

I tend to agree but with the caveat that many prospective owners dropped a pile of money on their place on the list. If they get on a list for free they have little reason to hassle the salesperson, but if they paid a deposit then I have less “sympathy” for the salesperson.

hmmmm ... not sure where you went with bowling vs selling 50 cars a month but figure you may enlighten me....
WTF do you think they do all day? Go into a dealership and watch. They do dick on a stick unless they are like the good ones and return calls, always watching Workbench for their customers etc. They get paid to sell. How many customers do they have? 50? So a 3 minute phone call with 50 customers a day is less than 3 hours of work! How many cars will they sell if they are jerks? Some, but a lot less. Then the GM of the dealership will get another salesman to do the job.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
WTF do you think they do all day? Go into a dealership and watch. They do dick on a stick unless they are like the good ones and return calls, always watching Workbench for their customers etc. They get paid to sell. How many customers do they have? 50? So a 3 minute phone call with 50 customers a day is less than 3 hours of work! How many cars will they sell if they are jerks? Some, but a lot less. Then the GM of the dealership will get another salesman to do the job.
Ouch..... bitter are we.... lol.... When I bought my C7 I drove into the lot with my C6. Salesmen flooded out the doors like the building was on fire. Mine spent 2 hours with me and I was just looking. When I went back both the salesman, the sales manager and the GM met with me. Yes. Some (if not many) are jerks that figure that selling cars has got to be better than selling coffee at Tim Hortons.... lol...

Ouch..... bitter are we.... lol.... When I bought my C7 I drove into the lot with my C6. Salesmen flooded out the doors like the building was on fire. Mine spent 2 hours with me and I was just looking. When I went back both the salesman, the sales manager and the GM met with me. Yes. Some (if not many) are jerks that figure that selling cars has got to be better than selling coffee at Tim Hortons.... lol...
Actually, not with my C8. Tracy was amazing at Brian Cullen. He knows where it's at. I was referred to him by a friend. That friend was a repeat customer because of the way Tracy operated. Tracy knows that he is not just dealing with one customer one time. In fact he told me that I could call him any time. He said he wanted me to be a repeat customer or tell my friends about him and his dealership. The same thing goes with Thom and Cam with Spencers. Repeat customers because of the way they were treated. I'm sure Jeff at W/N operates the same way. That is why they are the leading corvette dealerships.
Go to my local dealerships and they are chatting with secretaries or in their offices staring at a computer screen. You have to actually go to the receptionist and ask for help. I've been to many dealerships in my life because I always buy new. Almost every one was the same. Some come out and greet you and give you their card, but when you call they take a long time to return the calls.
Anyway, customer service is all about serving the customer! Just like it says. Ignoring the customer or displaying disdain because they actually have to return your call once a week is not good customer service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Devil and butsy
Actually, not with my C8. Tracy was amazing at Brian Cullen. He knows where it's at. I was referred to him by a friend. That friend was a repeat customer because of the way Tracy operated. Tracy knows that he is not just dealing with one customer one time. In fact he told me that I could call him any time. He said he wanted me to be a repeat customer or tell my friends about him and his dealership. The same thing goes with Thom and Cam with Spencers. Repeat customers because of the way they were treated. I'm sure Jeff at W/N operates the same way. That is why they are the leading corvette dealerships.
Go to my local dealerships and they are chatting with secretaries or in their offices staring at a computer screen. You have to actually go to the receptionist and ask for help. I've been to many dealerships in my life because I always buy new. Almost every one was the same. Some come out and greet you and give you their card, but when you call they take along time to return the calls.
Anyway, customer service is all about serving the customer! Just like it says. Ignoring the customer or displaying distain because they actually have to return your call once a week is not good customer service.
I had amazing experience with Tracy at Brian Cullen also

So...now that the NCM Bash has occurred it was said at the event "2024 C8, Z06 and E-Ray production will begin on Tuesday, September 5th".

With this in mind, when do we figure the initial 2024 allocations will be released? I'm thinking June or July?

July makes sense considering they said the actual build and price website will be live.

So...now that the NCM Bash has occurred it was said at the event "2024 C8, Z06 and E-Ray production will begin on Tuesday, September 5th".

With this in mind, when do we figure the initial 2024 allocations will be released? I'm thinking June or July?

July makes sense considering they said the actual build and price website will be live.
July 20, 2023

I had a deposit with Brian Cullen since Nov 2021. I will most likely pull my deposit? May wait it out for the GS or SR with DOHC LT3 with lower price point. Just speculations or wishful thinking on my part. :)

I had a deposit with Brian Cullen since Nov 2021. I will most likely pull my deposit? May wait it out for the GS or SR with DOHC LT3. Just speculations.
Why? If your allocation comes up you can always refuse it and stay on the list. You know what they say about a bird in hand is better than a dozen in the bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread