Status
Not open for further replies.
I may just do that. Or I just go through with it, keep it for a year then sell it at MSRP? Is that reasonable with economic uncertainty?
The biggest question is whether you can afford the car. If you can then don’t worry about resale, enjoy the drive. Once you drive it I doubt you’ll regret your decision. The key proviso of course is your financial situation.

[/QUOTE]
What GS? I though the E-ray replaced the GS?

May be the case. Just take it with a grain of salt on the GS.
LT3 DOHC is more likely with the recent investment in the new Gen6 V8 from GM. The push rod may reach its efficiency/development limit just as with the front engine configuration of past generation Corvettes?

The GS is exactly the car that I would buy. I'm on the E-Ray list, but I'd rather have the SR motor and the E-Ray/Z06 body.

That would be a popular choice and at a lower msrp. I know to most folks, that would be a non issue but there are the minorities few like myself would be. With the luxury tax and all, anything over $100k is a double whammy. :)

For me it is really about the lines of the car. I prefer the slightly smoother lines of the widebody vs the sharper SR lines. And yes, staying under $100k would be a good thing! I had a new 2012 GS and really liked that car too.

Last edited:
Sadly, even with a custom license plate in my office titled ERAY, I have pretty much decided not to get onto any ERAY list, for some reasons mentioned above. I think it becomes very difficult to hit Z06 pricing, and figure out if one can afford a $150k+ car (or if spending that level of money on a car versus other things in life is worth it). And with an $1800 (or so) price difference compared to the Z06, many will question which one to get. I was really hoping that the ERAY would fall half way between the 2 price points (SR vs Z06), to make me consider it. Like some mentioned above, I simply want the wider body of the Z06, that's it, that's all., I am not looking to shave down the 0-60 time from 2.9 to 2.5 sec with a significant investment to do so. And going aftermarket for a wide body on a SR (OEM look) would cost $20K + install (Anderson Composites). Sad part is that someone in Quebec will want the ERAY plate cause they will buy the car, research the plate to find out it is not available (I have it), oh well.

I realize that the plant cannot put out 5+ different models, but I wish they would have offered a GS (wide body) with the 6.2L, and do the ERAY thing separately. Since I like to mod cars and try to have a 1 of 1, figured might as well put some of that extra money on aftermarket mods instead of going onto the ERAY list. The ERAY will make for a good (not great) 4 season car, minus the extreme snow storm days, ground clearance will be too low to get thru it, irrelevant of winter tires.

Reactions: DenisC8
Asking the question does anybody have an idea when dealers will be entering sold order for the ERAY? seeing allocation are coming due in a few months and expected production for 2024 begins in September.
At some point in July.

Asking the question does anybody have an idea when dealers will be entering sold order for the ERAY? seeing allocation are coming due in a few months and expected production for 2024 begins in September.
I believe that 1st 2024 allocations will be on July 20 and constraints on July 27

Reactions: Red Devil
IMG_0692.jpeg

I wonder how much ZER package will be and if it’s a prerequisite for carbon fiber rims

View attachment 109525
I wonder how much ZER package will be and if it’s a prerequisite for carbon fiber rims
I think it is...yes? If you want the fastest model E-Ray you require the CF rims with the ZER package. I'm more interested if the ZER will be like the unicorn Z07 package like the Z06 has experienced?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread