Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been on a list. Have a 2023 and paid msrp. There is a lot of over thinking and high blood pressure happening regarding this buying a Corvette thing. I didn't sleep for seconds worrying whether it was torch red, red mist, spectacular blue, or just vanilla white. Life is too short for these machinations.
overthinking color yes, like most, but nobody walks into a dealer anymore and walks out with a car in a couple of months, that ship has sailed post pandemic. Again I ask, which dealer has a dedicated non mixed OPEN E-ray list, am all ears !! Until then will have to beg and plead like most everyone else on here

overthinking color yes, like most, but nobody walks into a dealer anymore and walks out with a car in a couple of months, that ship has sailed post pandemic. Again I ask, which dealer has a dedicated non mixed OPEN E-ray list, am all ears !! Until then will have to beg and plead like most everyone else on here
Cullens has separate lists.
Maybe it would be easier if you told as what dealers told you that their lists are closed

To be honest, I am a little surprised that the dealers mentioned above had the foresight to maintain separate (non SR) lists. Meaning if they, like everyone else, had only one Z06 list, and added the E-Ray into the mix, then their list would have been closed too (way too many deposits to furnish a car within several years). So the only conclusion I can come to as to why they are able to take deposits for the E-Ray is that they at some point decided to split out their list, something other dealers like those I mentioned did not (yet). And I would imagine most dealers are running single non SR lists, hence my comments. The fact that some have 3 lists now (guessing very few compared to combined lists) is promising, as the hope is most on the combined list will want a Z06, making room for those of us wanting an E-Ray. Will give at least one of my dealers a call or text tomorrow to see what their plan is, before I take my E-Ray business elsewhere. Thanks for the heads-up !

For SMP, I was told there was a separate list for the Z06 and the E-ray. At the time I put my deposit down, they basically indicated the E-Ray wasn't a given and that it might not ever come down the pipe, so the Z06 list was a bit more firm. Maybe they had foresight, or maybe they figured they would just take the deposit and hold it until eventually I ended up way down on the Stingray list, no real loss for them. I figured #3 on the E-ray list was better than #28 on a Stingray list. Maybe that was a wrong assumption. I figured If I really wanted a car, I could always buy a used C7 or C8, but I hadn't accounted for the lack of allocations driving up the price so much.

Reactions: Neils
So picked up the phone to speak with 1 of my 2 dealers (the big one BS), and got the answer I was expecting, no surprise there. They just do not have a clue as to how many E-Rays they could potentially get in a month or year (said likely not many), and whether their monthly allocation will isolate each model, or be mixed in all together. Meaning, if they get a total monthly allocation of 8, they could be told 1 of those 8 is for a non SR, so then they crack open their combined Z06/ERAY list and go to the next guy on there to find out which one he wants, and consume that 1 combined non SR allocation.

Until GM tells them, and all other dealers for that matter, that the allocations will be unique to each model, including the ERAY as a separate allocation to the Z06, then no reason for them (or anyone else) to split out their list. And of course to my original point, many of those combined lists have since been closed since they are too long (due mostly to Z06 demand)

And of course if the above happens (combined non SR allocations), then how will dealers hosting separate lists deal with that sort of situation. GM says 1 allocation for a Z06/ERAY, which list do you reference, who do you call, see what I mean ? So how these lists are maintained at each dealer are only as good as how allocations will be distributed by GM once the ERAY production ramps up. I guess we will soon find out.

So until then, I will hope that GM does split out the non SR allocations, and then hope the dealer goes thru the huge task to contact everyone on their mixed list to split them out too, and at that point add me to their E-Ray list. They are closer to me, and experience has been good with the sales guy so far, so I think will stick it out with them and see how it all plays out. And who knows, perhaps my other dealer and sales guy might surprise me, smaller place but sales guy not too responsive. Their list is combined and closed as well (for now).

As someone mentioned higher up, I waited this long for my SR, just get it and enjoy it, and let the chips fall where they may for the next step of getting on an ERAY list.

I also asked about the 3 new colors, and whether I could order a MY23 with a new color or have to wait for a MY24 and that was also a guess but likely a MY24 order, and he had zero clue as to when the switchover to MY24 would happen, nobody seems to know at this point. So I guess a gamble when the call comes in, pass my turn and hope the switchover happens sooner than later (April/May), will see how desperate I am for the car, waited so long, that it feels natural not to have it and just keep waiting (sad but true).

So picked up the phone to speak with 1 of my 2 dealers (the big one BS), and got the answer I was expecting, no surprise there. They just do not have a clue as to how many E-Rays they could potentially get in a month or year (said likely not many), and whether their monthly allocation will isolate each model, or be mixed in all together. Meaning, if they get a total monthly allocation of 8, they could be told 1 of those 8 is for a non SR, so then they crack open their combined Z06/ERAY list and go to the next guy on there to find out which one he wants, and consume that 1 combined non SR allocation.

Until GM tells them, and all other dealers for that matter, that the allocations will be unique to each model, including the ERAY as a separate allocation to the Z06, then no reason for them (or anyone else) to split out their list. And of course to my original point, many of those combined lists have since been closed since they are too long (due mostly to Z06 demand)

And of course if the above happens (combined non SR allocations), then how will dealers hosting separate lists deal with that sort of situation. GM says 1 allocation for a Z06/ERAY, which list do you reference, who do you call, see what I mean ? So how these lists are maintained at each dealer are only as good as how allocations will be distributed by GM once the ERAY production ramps up. I guess we will soon find out.

So until then, I will hope that GM does split out the non SR allocations, and then hope the dealer goes thru the huge task to contact everyone on their mixed list to split them out too, and at that point add me to their E-Ray list. They are closer to me, and experience has been good with the sales guy so far, so I think will stick it out with them and see how it all plays out. And who knows, perhaps my other dealer and sales guy might surprise me, smaller place but sales guy not too responsive. Their list is combined and closed as well (for now).

As someone mentioned higher up, I waited this long for my SR, just get it and enjoy it, and let the chips fall where they may for the next step of getting on an ERAY list.

I also asked about the 3 new colors, and whether I could order a MY23 with a new color or have to wait for a MY24 and that was also a guess but likely a MY24 order, and he had zero clue as to when the switchover to MY24 would happen, nobody seems to know at this point. So I guess a gamble when the call comes in, pass my turn and hope the switchover happens sooner than later (April/May), will see how desperate I am for the car, waited so long, that it feels natural not to have it and just keep waiting (sad but true).
I disagree with what you dealer told you, but even if true all list deposits have dates on them so its not hard to combine or separate the lists.

Reactions: Neils
No Neils is right about Bill Spencer. One list for Z06 and E-Ray. They will simply look at the allocation and constraints and if there's 1 Z06/E-Ray they go to the list and see if the next in line wants it. I'm on that list too but up at #50 or something...bad odds. LOL.
What I mean is I disagree that the dealer thinks that E-Ray and Z06 will be one allocation

What I mean is I disagree that the dealer thinks that E-Ray and Z06 will be one allocation
Denis, at this point it is not about agreeing or disagreeing, the fact is that the dealers themselves have no clue how allocations will come down the pipe, and whether the E-Ray will be a separate allocation to the Z06 or a combined one (non SR). It is for that very reason that both Finch and BS will not split out their list (at this point), and that both their lists are closed (not taking anymore deposits). Go on YouTube and listen to Morgan, he says those very words in his video, just like the sales guy over at BS told me too. I guess they will find out soon enough, and I sure hope you're right Denis, because then it will force the dealers running 1 non SR list to split them out.

But guess what, those dealers running separate lists for the Z06 and E-Ray will have extra work on their hands if it winds up being a combined non SR allocation. That will mean if they get 1 Z06/ERay allocation, they will have to compare date/time stamps on both lists to see which #1 guy from either list gets the allocation. So at the end of the day, they will end up with a combined list just like the 2 dealers I mentioned above.

GM has the final say here sadly, not us, and not the dealers. So my game plan is to wait it out, and once the dealers find out, either leave a deposit on a properly segmented E-Ray list, or just forget about the whole thing because not worth waiting that long.

And I realize it is just another opinion, but my sales guy told me that they are not anticipating too many E-Ray allocations for Canada at this point, and if that video is any indication (heavy US demand), the wait for us Canadians could be several years for this model (hope not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread