Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on a SR list but have since moved my deposit over to the E-Ray list. Sherwood Park Chevrolet. Moved over on Feb 20, 2023. I'll be staying on the list which I understand is separate from the SR list and the Z06 list.

I know, these "lists" are crazy...but you only live once! The deposit is small and 100% refundable so there's no risk or harm other than some lost interest while waiting.

Reactions: DenisC8
I was on a SR list but have since moved my deposit over to the E-Ray list. Sherwood Park Chevrolet. Moved over on Feb 20, 2023. I'll be staying on the list which I understand is separate from the SR list and the Z06 list.

I know, these "lists" are crazy...but you only live once! The deposit is small and 100% refundable so there's no risk or harm other than some lost interest while waiting.
How many on their list?

Still on; but, will have to pay a fair bit over MSRP at Wheaton and Kelowna. As far as I know, Duecks MSRP - may change the salesman told me. What a s**t show with this and the Z06. I should have been on a lot of list way back when instead of one small dealer - dumb~!!

Still on; but, will have to pay a fair bit over MSRP at Wheaton and Kelowna. As far as I know, Duecks MSRP - may change the salesman told me. What a s**t show with this and the Z06. I should have been on a lot of list way back when instead of one small dealer - dumb~!!
As long as you have a C8 to drive while you wait it’s all good. Hell if GM said that due to …….. all z06s and E-Rays are cancelled. I would not even be upset.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
As long as you have a C8 to drive while you wait it’s all good. Hell if GM said that due to …….. all z06s and E-Rays are cancelled. I would not even be upset.
Yes, I have a totally loaded 2022 C8 HTC Z51 to drive which I love, Hoping March weather gets good so I can start driving it again.

Let us update this list, please let me know what month and year you got on the list.

@butsy - on the list since July 2021- Brian Cullens
@TCinthe6 - on the list since Sept 2021- Brian Cullens
@Cam_rabbits - on the list since Nov 2021- Brian Cullens
@black2010gs - on 2 lists- April 2022 at Brian Cullens + Dec 2022 #4 at Ontario Motor Sales Oshawa
@Red Devil - on the list since April 2022- Brian Cullens
@DenisC8 - on the list since Sept 2022- Brian Cullens
@Mr.Corvette - on the list- Brian Cullens
@harshadt - on the list- Bill Spencer
@Joe95Polo - on the list since July 2022- Wilson Niblett
@CamsC8 - on the list- #1 at Ontario Motor Sales Oshawa
@D1J - on the list since Jan 2023- #5 at Ontario Motor Sales Oshawa
@crazylegs - on the list since March 2022- Calgary
@2020C8#49 - on the list since Jan 2023- Calgary
@Sturmgewehr- on the list since Feb 2023- Sherwood Park (Edmonton)
@JCWP - on the list- Kelowna, Dave Wheaton Victoria, and Dueck Vancouver
@DDHRocks - on the list since Sept 2021- #3 at SMP in Saskatoon
I have a deposit with Murray Winnipeg since Oct 2021 and my place in line is #1. Last week, my dealer was a participant in a conference call with GM Canada there it was stated that E-Ray's will be sold in Canada this year. In result, my dealer is expects delivery to me this summer, though it could be later in the season.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I have a deposit with Murray Winnipeg since Oct 2021 and my place in line is #1. Last week, my dealer was a participant in a conference call with GM Canada there it was stated that E-Ray's will be sold in Canada this year. In result, my dealer is expects delivery to me this summer, though it could be later in the season.
I expect 1st E-Ray delivery before Dec 31, 2023 but not much earlier

I just don't understand what GM is doing with all the restrictions and why such a long wait for a SR and Z06? It appears so out of character that GM releases another model car such as the E-Ray when they can't fill all the orders they have now. Not good business? Production lines only build a handful of Z06 cars per day now and now we will add the E-Ray on the same line? Will the E-Ray be as rare and hard to get at the Z06? Some of our members have been waiting 3 years for a SR......can't imagine the wait for a E-Ray? I'm rather high up on the list for an E-Ray and suspect I'll receive allocation for a car with more constraints.

I just don't understand what GM is doing with all the restrictions and why such a long wait for a SR and Z06? It appears so out of character that GM releases another model car such as the E-Ray when they can't fill all the orders they have now. Not good business? Production lines only build a handful of Z06 cars per day now and now we will add the E-Ray on the same line? Will the E-Ray be as rare and hard to get at the Z06? Some of our members have been waiting 3 years for a SR......can't imagine the wait for a E-Ray? I'm rather high up on the list for an E-Ray and suspect I'll receive allocation for a car with more constraints.
C8 is profitable, Z51 and 3LT is very profitable. Then you have Z06 and E-Ray that's like printing money. It benefits GM to make more of Z06 and E-Rays than base Stingray and they will but at this point they just can't due to global supply chain issues and conflicts.

Once everything goes back to normal, buyers will have to wait 6 months for Stingrays but would be able to order an E-Ray or a Z06 next allocation due to much higher price and lower demand.

I feel its the mid engine effect.

There wasn't the same perfect storm of pent up demand pandemic where folks saved their money, low interest rates, troublesome supply chain etc. with the C7 and older Corvette models. This car was and is a game changer and it will be like this for a while.

Reactions: Neils and DenisC8
here is some interesting information: MacMulkin (top dealer in US) has just under 600 people on the E-Ray list and at one point had over 2,500 people on their Z06 list. So looks like the demand for the E-Ray is much lower.
here is some interesting information: MacMulkin (top dealer in US) has just under 600 people on the E-Ray list and at one point had over 2,500 people on their Z06 list. So looks like the demand for the E-Ray is much lower.
I think the price point has a lot to do with that. Most people including me weren’t expecting it to be that close to the Z06. I would rather have the car 10,000$ cheaper and skip the ceramic brakes, as I have no need for them. If I could get a Z06 I would go that route instead, but I missed that boat and would be waiting about 3 years at least. My sales guy figures my order for the eray will be in before year end as I am # 2 on their list. With any luck I’ll be driving one by next spring. It should be an awesome fun car to drive so I’m looking forward to it, just going to have to dig a little deeper in my pockets to pay for it.

I think the price point has a lot to do with that. Most people including me weren’t expecting it to be that close to the Z06. I would rather have the car 10,000$ cheaper and skip the ceramic brakes, as I have no need for them. If I could get a Z06 I would go that route instead, but I missed that boat and would be waiting about 3 years at least. My sales guy figures my order for the eray will be in before year end as I am # 2 on their list. With any luck I’ll be driving one by next spring. It should be an awesome fun car to drive so I’m looking forward to it, just going to have to dig a little deeper in my pockets to pay for it.
Completely agree.

I hoped the pricing was between the Stingray and Z06 but we all know how that went. The premium on my 23 should help offset the price difference between the two.

A Z06 went to Kenora? What VIN number does your friends end in. The lowest I have recorded is 095 that went to Spencers.
It might be VIn 813? That one is a Z07. Vin 813 could be the first "retail" Z07 in Canada? Truly amazing!! First Z07 was delivered Nov 22nd in Canada. Plant manager in Oshawa has it. I don't think the first car should count as the car was given to GM brass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread