Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it, considering how infrequently I still see C8's on the road after a couple years of production
Woody, you've only just joined this week and it sounds like your new to Corvette and wouldn't know that all of Canada only got 1014 C8 Corvette's last year and recognize that WN exaggerated their numbers to you. This generation Corvette is also in it's fourth production year and shortly the 2023 production will surpass the 25,165 cars built for the 2022 model year. Many of us on this forum have contacts and know things that help us get what we're after in a shall we say timely manner by having the knowledge from doing business with these big dealers for over 25 years. You haven't made it clear when you would like to get a car? Are you willing to wait until late 2024 or 2025 to get a E-Ray? Are you wanting to see if you can get a Stingray while your waiting?

I was always interested in a possible E-Ray when the C8 was introduced. In fact I was number two on the list for an E-ray at my local dealership which is one of the bigger ones in the lower mainland (Great Vancouver). But I have relegated myself to a regular C8 for a number of reasons: 1)The E-ray is not a plug-in hybrid. I was hoping for the extra performance plus the ability to tool around town on electric power only...but sadly not the case. 2) The cost is simply too prohibitive I think for the extra performance you get. A nearly fully loaded non-Z51 C8 HTC when you factor in the BC luxury tax is pushing $150k. With a similarly equipped E-Ray I think you will easily be near or over the $200k mark. and 3) that's if you can get it. My dealership is one of the bigger ones and they still haven't received a Z06 allocation. So I figure getting an E-Ray allocation in 2024 will be slim to nothing. Not only that, but with part of Canada's allocation going to Europe and Australia as right hand drive, I feel it will even be more difficult to get a regular C8 as less will be allocated to Canada and E-Ray and Z06 production will cut into the number of regular C8s that will be produced. Just my two cents!!

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
I'm on the list at Cullen for an Eray and Spencers for a Z06. I'm 50 something deep for the Z06, so figure my chances of getting an Eray may come sooner.

The game plan was to trade the Stingray for the Eray, and then the Eray for the Z06. But I'm impressed with the Eray offering so far and am considering dropping off the Z06 list eventually. I'm not chasing lap times, and that Stealth mode is pretty slick.

I'm on the list at Cullen for an Eray and Spencers for a Z06. I'm 50 something deep for the Z06, so figure my chances of getting an Eray may come sooner.

The game plan was to trade the Stingray for the Eray, and then the Eray for the Z06. But I'm impressed with the Eray offering so far and am considering dropping off the Z06 list eventually. I'm not chasing lap times, and that Stealth mode is pretty slick.
Fyi- Spencer’s Z06 and ERay list are the same list. They only have one list for nonStingrays. So don’t drop off the list because, without knowing it, you are actually on 2 ERay lists. (or drop off- that will move me up 😆)

Fyi- Spencer’s Z06 and ERay list are the same list. They only have one list for nonStingrays. So don’t drop off the list because, without knowing it, you are actually on 2 ERay lists. (or drop off- that will move me up 😆)
I was told back in 2021 by Andrew Spencer that they were not an EV dealer at the time, and that's how I ended up on the Z06 list. If that's changed and now they are just managing it as one big non-Stingray list, it's not problem for me. But regardless, I'm number 9 at Cullen for an Eray, or 59 for at Spencer. At the rate of 6 non-stingrays a day, I'm not going to see any action for a long, long time. Till then, I'll enjoy my car and the obligatory Youtube videos.

Woody, you've only just joined this week and it sounds like your new to Corvette and wouldn't know that all of Canada only got 1014 C8 Corvette's last year and recognize that WN exaggerated their numbers to you. This generation Corvette is also in it's fourth production year and shortly the 2023 production will surpass the 25,165 cars built for the 2022 model year. Many of us on this forum have contacts and know things that help us get what we're after in a shall we say timely manner by having the knowledge from doing business with these big dealers for over 25 years. You haven't made it clear when you would like to get a car? Are you willing to wait until late 2024 or 2025 to get a E-Ray? Are you wanting to see if you can get a Stingray while your waiting?
Thank you for the advice. Based on your numbers the sales guy at WN was surely including used sales or was just an outright exaggeration (car dealers lie now??). I don't mind waiting till 2024/2025. In fact the earliest I want to get into one would be summer 2024. I would settle for an SR if the wait for the e-ray becomes ridiculous (beyond spring/summer 2025).

Question: Do the dealers in Canada tend to charge over-MSRP markups? If so, is it only during the last two years of car market craziness or is this always the case with Corvettes? I have never paid over MSRP for any car. At any rate, I think the car market/dealer landscape will look ALOT different in a year or two from now due to the sharp rise in interest rates and the decline of the global parts shortages. Not sure if interest rates/softer economy will reduce demand for C8's but I have to think it will drop some people out of the race. What was the Corvette buying landscape like in 2008/2009?

Thank you for the advice. Based on your numbers the sales guy at WN was surely including used sales or was just an outright exaggeration (car dealers lie now??). I don't mind waiting till 2024/2025. In fact the earliest I want to get into one would be summer 2024. I would settle for an SR if the wait for the e-ray becomes ridiculous (beyond spring/summer 2025).

Question: Do the dealers in Canada tend to charge over-MSRP markups? If so, is it only during the last two years of car market craziness or is this always the case with Corvettes? I have never paid over MSRP for any car. At any rate, I think the car market/dealer landscape will look ALOT different in a year or two from now due to the sharp rise in interest rates and the decline of the global parts shortages. Not sure if interest rates/softer economy will reduce demand for C8's but I have to think it will drop some people out of the race. What was the Corvette buying landscape like in 2008/2009?
Most dealers in Canada sell C8s at MSRP but we just keep hearing about few bad dealers over and over. C7s and prior generations have been known to be sold with discounts after 2nd-3rd year of productions. Economy wise 2023 will be worse than 2008...

Most dealers in Canada sell C8s at MSRP but we just keep hearing about few bad dealers over and over. C7s and prior generations have been known to be sold with discounts after 2nd-3rd year of productions. Economy wise 2023 will be worse than 2008...
A small part of me hopes this is true if only for the purpose of getting a C8 in a reasonable period of time for a reasonable price (MSRP, at maximum). What leads you to this opinion that 2023 will be worse than 2008? I am actually reading the opposite in the news - some mainstream financial institutions are indicating that they are not sure if a recession will even materialize . If this actually happens, C8's will be on fire sale like every other non-essential asset (for example, boats....).

A small part of me hopes this is true if only for the purpose of getting a C8 in a reasonable period of time for a reasonable price (MSRP, at maximum). What leads you to this opinion that 2023 will be worse than 2008? I am actually reading the opposite in the news - some mainstream financial institutions are indicating that they are not sure if a recession will even materialize . If this actually happens, C8's will be on fire sale like every other non-essential asset (for example, boats....).
You will not be able to order a brand new C8 to your spec for less than MSRP regardless. As for the economy, we are already in a recession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread