Status
Not open for further replies.
Another surprise with the E-Ray details (just like the Z06): surprised at the 655HP (expected it to be lower) and even more surprised at the price: how close it is to the Z06 (I naively expected it to be between the Stingray and Z06). GM must think there's a huge untapped hybrid market out there, to ask that price for the E-Ray...or perhaps it's counting on the HP being close to the Z06...and a faster 0-60 time for the E-Ray (2.5 "supercar time" compared to the Z06 at 2.6 which is also up there with the "supercars"). Long term, I think the Z06 will be THE car to have, of the C8 generation.

I say that w/o having enough time to really study the E-Ray details but historically, naturally-aspirated performance/sport cars have done well maintaining their popularity and demand.
I would call this car a hybrid. At least I wouldn't. It can only go 3 or 4 miles on the electric motor. It's more like E-assist! The motor still runs the power required for the front motor under normal conditions.

Is there an E-Ray list that represents those who are :

Not currently on an E-Ray list (at the moment)
Would like to get onto an E-Ray list
Is on several SR lists waiting for the call to come in
Wishes the E-Ray was slightly more affordable
Needs to convince a dealer to open up his list to add me to it
Hoping some investments and future bonuses come in high
Needs to convince the wife on the high spend
Already ordered the E-Ray license plate (see other post)

If yes, please add me to that list !!

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
I do have a deposit with Bill Spencer for the Z06 but after this reveal I'm definitely in lust over the E-Ray to drive it all year round.

I've always daily driven my 911's and fondly I recall a University of Alberta professor who drove his NSX every day of the year. Smart man. Carpe Diem!

Reactions: Neils and DenisC8
Is there like a 4-5 year wait list on this as well?
My mind is just boggled why GM does not quickly whip together a 2nd (or even 3rd) plant for this car. Yes everyone will say parts shortage, but that will only last so long and eventually every single supplier will want to jump on the money bandwagon to feed the supply chain for this car. With wait lists piling up every day in every dealership for the SR, Z06, now E-Ray, and eventually ZR1 and Zora, they will never be able to collect all the money people are waving in their face screaming take my money and give me my car.

They could be the #1 automotive car company in the world (I know big statement) if they could simply produce and sell enough of these cars. Cash in on the momentum and craze, which I can only assume previous gens have never seen before, and other car companies are dreaming of reaching someday. It's just crazy to have to put down a deposit (assuming dealers are still able to add you to a list), and say maybe 3-5 years if all works out (other than the SR), and 14-24 months for a SR. I wonder if this is because Ciocca gets the bulk of what is produced, leaving very little for all other dealers.

Reactions: scraze66
But really in comparison to Porsche selling the 911 we are lucky there's so many C8's.

"Deliveries of the Porsche 911 outpaced Taycan sales for 2021 as a whole after trading places in previous quarters. The 911 totaled 10,042 deliveries, an increase of 14 percent from the year before"

GM stats for the 2023s so far:

Stingray: 22366
70th: 2227
Z06: 570
70th Z06: 53

But really in comparison to Porsche selling the 911 we are lucky there's so many C8's.

"Deliveries of the Porsche 911 outpaced Taycan sales for 2021 as a whole after trading places in previous quarters. The 911 totaled 10,042 deliveries, an increase of 14 percent from the year before"

GM stats for the 2023s so far:

Stingray: 22366
70th: 2227
Z06: 570
70th Z06: 53
Those are world numbers and don’t mean much for us in Canada. In 2022 Canada received only 1014 corvettes.

My mind is just boggled why GM does not quickly whip together a 2nd (or even 3rd) plant for this car. Yes everyone will say parts shortage, but that will only last so long and eventually every single supplier will want to jump on the money bandwagon to feed the supply chain for this car. With wait lists piling up every day in every dealership for the SR, Z06, now E-Ray, and eventually ZR1 and Zora, they will never be able to collect all the money people are waving in their face screaming take my money and give me my car.

They could be the #1 automotive car company in the world (I know big statement) if they could simply produce and sell enough of these cars. Cash in on the momentum and craze, which I can only assume previous gens have never seen before, and other car companies are dreaming of reaching someday. It's just crazy to have to put down a deposit (assuming dealers are still able to add you to a list), and say maybe 3-5 years if all works out (other than the SR), and 14-24 months for a SR. I wonder if this is because Ciocca gets the bulk of what is produced, leaving very little for all other dealers.
They will never become the Number 1 in the world anytime soon The Japanese are double American sales. That is a hard level to match.

Can anyone provide guidance on how to get on a waitlist and which dealers in Ontario might be a good bet?
I had reached out to two different dealerships local to me a few months ago and was told by both that there is no ERay waitlist and they will start one once the car is announced. Now, one of the dealerships is telling me "unfortunately the waitlist is several years long" 🤷‍♂️

Can anyone provide guidance on how to get on a waitlist and which dealers in Ontario might be a good bet?
I had reached out to two different dealerships local to me a few months ago and was told by both that there is no ERay waitlist and they will start one once the car is announced. Now, one of the dealerships is telling me "unfortunately the waitlist is several years long" 🤷‍♂️
I suggest Cullen Chevrolet in St. Catherines. I bought my 19 Stingray there, and I'm about to get a C8 in the coming months. Excellent, and straight up to deal with. I don't live anywhere near St. Catherines, but worth the drive to deal with them..Ask for Tracy Wilks..

pick one from the top 3 dealers: Cullens in St. Catharines, Niblett in Richmond Hill, or Spencer in Cobourg.

Thanks all for the advice. I'm reaching out to Niblett as well as Brian Cullen.
Anyone know if these two require a deposit and if so, is it refundable? Just trying to gauge if I should get on more than one list while I await details from the dealers.

Thanks all for the advice. I'm reaching out to Niblett as well as Brian Cullen.
Anyone know if these two require a deposit and if so, is it refundable? Just trying to gauge if I should get on more than one list while I await details from the dealers.
with top 3 dealers the deposits are refundable, most dealers charge $2500 for deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread