Yes I was looking at Dragon Racing also, last year they redesigned that unit,
it had lots of plumbing and fit right where the intake went.
There website has nothing now, maybe they infrindged on Edlebrocks design?

I think that Edelbrock actually bought the patent and rights to the design.
Dragon I believe were the ones developing it ,but never had much sucsess.

Some eye candy

Stopped in at John's for a look at the progress on Nik's 402 .

This engine will handle 30LBS of boost :eek:

TurningabeastintoaMONSTER002-1.jpg

TurningabeastintoaMONSTER003-1.jpg

TurningabeastintoaMONSTER004-1.jpg

TurningabeastintoaMONSTER005-1.jpg

TurningabeastintoaMONSTER006-1.jpg

TurningabeastintoaMONSTER007-1.jpg

No cheap chump stuff here :rofl:

Hope to have a rotating assembly by next week :D

BAM we kick'n this sucka up a few notch's :canada:

[email protected]

think i saw one of those in Kenworth once LOL

Your not far off :rofl:

Nice Manny, whats the holding power of that clutch and whats the material?

Just when you thought the Level 3 was the best, we bring you, the Level 4. This is for those guys teetering on the 700hp/tq mark and really want a clutch that will handle the abuse! This clutch has all the great things that our Level 3 has, except, it has a

Actually, that brings up a good question. If stronger parts aren't that much more expensive, when do you get what you need and when do you upgrade to the stronger parts? Would the Level 6 have more pedal pressure or not as smooth an engagement?

My only guess to stick with a Level 4 is that even if $200 doesn't sound like a lot for a stronger clutch, you can nickel and dime the project way over budget.

Why didn't you just put in a lvl 6 for 200 bucks more ?

Actually, that brings up a good question. If stronger parts aren't that much more expensive, when do you get what you need and when do you upgrade to the stronger parts? Would the Level 6 have more pedal pressure or not as smooth an engagement?

My only guess to stick with a Level 4 is that even if $200 doesn't sound like a lot for a stronger clutch, you can nickel and dime the project way over budget.

Riley you hit the nail right on the head. Yes he could have gone to an even stronger unit, but it was not needed . At this level we will be very much with in the holding strenght of this clutch. You can, as Riley said nickle and dime a project way over budget. It is the stronger springs that give it the bite and yes peddle pressure would increase for sure

Thx
[email protected]

That does not look like a dual stage clutch so I guess he will have some added pedal pressure.
I had a high performance clutch (Centerforce) on my old Mustang and with the added pedal
pressure it got a little hard on the leg and foot in stop and go traffic.
I heard that the dual stage fix that issue, thats what I would be looking for on my next clutch.
Maybe Nick can let me feel the pedal pressure on the unit to see how it feels.

Regarding clutch based on feedback from the caddy forums the pedal pressure should not increase significantly from stock. The caddy clutch is really really really easy so I'm actually looking forward to a little bit of pressure.

In terms of holding power, the differences between stage 4-6 is spring pressure, same flywheels, pressure plates and disc. I've asked around and there shouldn't be added noise or driveability issues between the most popular stage 3 kit and the 4 (even though one is ceramic disc and the other is stickier iron).

My main concern was abuse and how well it would withstand the many track days I have planned. 775 tq is already more than enough. Not planning to taking it to 4 figures so I see no need to move to a stage 6. I considered stage 4 as an extra bit of insurance. Stage 3 would've been just fine.

Many many more things will go boom before the clutch once we go past 700tq.

Next bit of work is to get the rear suspension more planted and more rubber on the road. So offset beefier trailing arms, beefier rear toe rods, 19" (maybe, not sure its wise for track wheels), but definitely wider 18" wheels and maybe 295 or 305s at the rear.

Of course with my track record I'll be stuffing a TVS 2300 or a procharger before any of the above happens. :)

Nik

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding clutch based on feedback from the caddy forums the pedal pressure should not increase significantly from stock. The caddy clutch is really really really easy so I'm actually looking forward to a little bit of pressure.

In terms of holding power, the differences between stage 4-6 is spring pressure, same flywheels, pressure plates and disc. I've asked around and there shouldn't be added noise or driveability issues between the most popular stage 3 kit and the 4 (even though one is ceramic disc and the other is stickier iron).

My main concern was abuse and how well it would withstand the many track days I have planned. 775 tq is already more than enough. Not planning to taking it to 4 figures so I see no need to move to a stage 6. I considered stage 4 as an extra bit of insurance. Stage 3 would've been just fine.

Many many more things will go boom before the clutch once we go past 700tq.

Next bit of work is to get the rear suspension more planted and more rubber on the road. So offset beefier trailing arms, beefier rear toe rods, 19" (maybe, not sure its wise for track wheels), but definitely wider 18" wheels and maybe 295 or 305s at the rear.

Of course with my track record I'll be stuffing a TVS 2300 or a procharger before any of the above happens. :)

Nik

Do you see what I have to deal with, I'm not even finished and Nik is already talking TVS2300 :rofl:

I love what I do :canada:

[email protected]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread