With John's and Manny's work that car is going to make some very serious HP that will
outrun most cars on the road.
I hope your going to have one strong rear end in that baby, let me know when you fire her up and I will be there!

Yes we could, I am driving my CTS-V right now with winter finally here
but its almost stock other then the Magnaflow exhaust and UUC shifter
Nick's car is monster.

Thanks Greg. Be sure to be there. Probably a couple of more weeks. Waiting on stage 4 monster clutch and headers to get in as well as a few other bits and pieces.

I have manny looking into diff and driveshaft options but for the time being I'll keep it near stock (it has the wheel hop axle kit, reinforced cradle bushings, urethane diff mount and a differential pinion brace). The second gen diffs on the Vs (unlike the first gen) from what I hear are not 'that' weak. A few people are running 500hp+ at the wheels with stock diffs.

I'll avoid hard launches (kind of wasteful with the skinny tires anyway). The replacement axle does a phenomenal job of killing wheel hop which is the death of our diffs.

So fingers crossed. No doubt it'll break one day. Just hoping I can get a bit more life out of it.

a little up date

Dropped in at John's today to see how things were coming :

Crank & pistons on the way as well as custom lifters from Morel, first ever LS tie bar lifters designed by John will be in Nik's engine :D

A few pictures of the final tear down: Sorry about the quality ,camera phone.

Block down to bare naked :rofl:

TurningabeastintoaMONSTER018.jpg

All the old rotating assembly

TurningabeastintoaMONSTER019.jpg

Hopefully some assembley pictures soon :(

Thx
[email protected]

Last edited:
So what is the reason for the tie bar lifters other then them spinning around?
What cam is going in the beast?

If the lifter spins it will side load and mushroom on impact with the cam lobe . Can you say Catastrophic break down :eek:

Cam is the VRX2 from Ron at Vengence :224/228 .581/.588 114 LSA. 1600-6600rpm Power Band. Excellent street manners. Works well with Nitrous/SuperChargers

Geez, I should have paid more attention when you where putting those in my car :confused:
I get it now, thanks.

Greg this is something that has come to light recently . I actually changed mine to the LS2 one's becuase they were stronger than the LS1's :mad:

Oh well guess I will use the new ones from Morel when I build my LS3 427 stroker in the fall :eek::eek:

Thx
[email protected]

Last edited:
That's so you Manny LOL!!!! going for 600 RWHP now??? :driving:

Actually 600-650 N/A RWHP with a mild cam.

I will be keeping the compression down around 10.1 with the intention of adding the Edelbrock inverted TVS , which would then put me in the 850 range . I think then I would happy :rofl:

Niks 402 is coming out very nicely, with a few change's

Heads on the way
Upgraded him to k1 crank and rods for the same price
Also have the morel tie bar lifters on the way.
We have to change the cam bearings over to a set of durabonds.

Most of the parts will be here next Thursday, which mean we should have a new heart ready for transplant , in about a weeks time :driving:

Thx
[email protected]

Actually 600-650 N/A RWHP with a mild cam.

I will be keeping the compression down around 10.1 with the intention of adding the Edelbrock inverted TVS , which would then put me in the 850 range . I think then I would happy :rofl:

[email protected]

Hey Manny, I was looking at those Edelbrock TVS units the other day.
They look like the same unit as on the ZR1.

Hey Manny, I was looking at those Edelbrock TVS units the other day.
They look like the same unit as on the ZR1.

Pretty much , they were actually a design from Dragon Race Engineering.
They no longer have them on their site, and now Edelbock is selling them .

Manny

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread