I am not saying this is a deal breaker but just keep in mind you are going through the construction at Gaetz Ave. to get there in Red Deer from the north.

Went through the Highway Construction a week ago. You are now routed on to the new pavement.
However Stay Left on the Highway to Calgary and do not turn off at the Gaetz Ave turn off ...
This will allow you to exit the highway at the Mile and not come in from behind.
The pavement is all good this way and very Corvette friendly.
(However we all know what difference a day makes)
I will be travelling it the weekend prior from Calgary to Edmonton for St. Albert Make-A-Wish
and I will report. I will also be driving the same on August 26th for a Northgate Oil Renew and
I will update you all on this thread. I am going to try and remember to make one of those
"MikeysZ06 videos" of the shift in the road from old highway to new highway as you head South and we will drive
all the way into Peter's. Cheers!

Reactions: Baby Ray
,I,m a new member..... considering going to Drumheller for the day! Peters is a great place to meet. My name is Les ... Delores is my wifes name
I live near Red Deer go through hwy construction many times times a week sometimes twice a day its changing all the time. A tricky lane change at times. I will give the latest before the Drumheller run

Reactions: Baby Ray and YFCvii
I live near Red Deer go through hwy construction many times times a week sometimes twice a day its changing all the time. A tricky lane change at times. I will give the latest before the Drumheller run
,I,m a new member..... considering going to Drumheller for the day! Peters is a great place to meet. My name is Les ... Delores is my wifes name

Welcome Les & Delores !
You are welcome to join in ... it's Icing on the Corvette Enthusiasts' Cake when you can find a group to run along with.
Should you feel good with it, please feel free to introduce yourself under "New User" (with a Photo or two or twenty-three of your Corvette).
The Photo in your Introduction Thread has kind of become what I could relate to as the Forum "entry condition/fee" ...
because when we all get to see Corvette Photos we are instantly content.

Reactions: Baby Ray
Names I have so far.
Dennis & Bonnie Rockitman
Ken & Heather Baby Ray
Brent & Debbie Brent 08
Rick & Kathy Rick 9456
Ziggy & Cindy Turbozig
Jeff & Robin Jeffer2013

Ken and Heather will be taking many pictures for all to see. They also have a great route planed. We would like to see our Southern Alberta join in for the overnight trip or just for the cruise from Red Deer. Big Valley for a photo stop then if time permits Rawley (Down or return)
Pls let me know if I missed anyone and I'll add you asap.
$115 Queen bed n/s plus tax
Free parking, Wifi and Breakfast.

Marno and Donna are going and booked room.

Reactions: Baby Ray and YFCvii
Welcome to the group Les and Dolores! Going to check out the New User Section Next. I'm from Red Deer as well so hopefully see you around.

Marno and Donna HI! Been a while! Looking forward to seeing you on the 16th!

1-403-856-4444
Mention Canadian Corvette
Total price is $128.80.
This includes breakfast!

Names I have so far.
1. Dennis & Bonnie = Rockitman
2. Ken & Heather = Baby Ray
3. Spence & Freda = SN-III
4. Brent & Debbie = Brent 08
5. Rick & Kathy = Rick9456
6. Ziggy & Cindy = Turbozig
7. Jeff & Robin = Jeffer2013
8. -------------------=SVWC
9. Randy & Cindy = Pep
10. Garret & ------ = Classic 72
11. Paul & Joanne = RockyPM
12.Daryl & Dianne = DarylAmnann
13. Marno & Donna = Zipnbyyou

Note: I only added the names of people signed up for the hotel, (for confirmation reasons only) not for the cruise.

Last edited:
Reactions: YFCvii
Went through the Highway Construction a week ago. You are now routed on to the new pavement.
However Stay Left on the Highway to Calgary and do not turn off at the Gaetz Ave turn off ...
This will allow you to exit the highway at the Mile and not come in from behind.
The pavement is all good this way and very Corvette friendly.
(However we all know what difference a day makes)
I will be travelling it the weekend prior from Calgary to Edmonton for St. Albert Make-A-Wish
and I will report. I will also be driving the same on August 26th for a Northgate Oil Renew and
I will update you all on this thread. I am going to try and remember to make one of those
"MikeysZ06 videos" of the shift in the road from old highway to new highway as you head South and we will drive
all the way into Peter's. Cheers!
I will see you at the Make a Wish car show.

1-403-856-4444
Mention Canadian Corvette
Total price is $128.80.
This includes breakfast!

Updated Aug 27/17

20 Day and counting:Party:

Names I have so far.
1. Dennis & Bonnie = Rockitman
2. Ken & Heather = Baby Ray
3. Spence & Freda = SN-III
4. Brent & Debbie = Brent 08
5. Rick & Kathy = Rick9456
6. Ziggy & Cindy = Turbozig
7. Jeff & Robin = Jeffer2013
8. Randy & Cindy = Pep
9. Garret & ------ = Classic 72
10. Paul & Joanne = RockyPM
11.Daryl & Dianne = DarylAmnann
12. Marno & Donna = Zipnbyyou

Edmonton People cruising to Red Deer for Drumheller Cruise.
We are gonna meet at McDonalds in Nisku. 301 20 Ave, Nisku, AB T9E 7Z8 ( same place as we did for the Lake Louise Cruise)
LEAVE at 7:00am Sharp.
Just a reminder. Keeping the momentum going:Party:

Reactions: turbozig
If your name is not on the list and you have registered with the Hotel or would like to go on this trip, just let me know and I will add you to the list.
When all the names are in I'll confirm it with the hotel.
Cheers

Dennis & Bonnie

Freda and Spence are confirmed with their booking. :)

Calgary people sign up now and leave at 4am up to Nisku for 7am and back to Peters Drive-In Red Deer .... oh just kidding !
(so far it's one Corvette from Calgary I gather ...)

Edmonton ... please have one get your Glympse On !
Let CCF :canada: see us head to Red Deer then Cruise On :thumbs:
We can give Nik great happiness for having that Glympse Thread/Section on the Forums :rolleyes:

Reactions: turbozig
In case anyone is still concerned over the QE 2 construction coming south to Gasoline Alley, I took this yesterday. Other than an 80 kph limit for a few km, no problems....

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread