Drumheller Cruise September 16/17th, 2017 Itinerary
September 16th Saturday
- 8:30 am - Meet in Red Deer @ McDonalds AB-595, Red Deer County, AB T4E 1B3
NOTE- Please fill up gas an be ready to CRUISE and SMILE.
- 9:00 am - Leave and Cruise to Drumheller/ Last Chance Saloon 555 Jewell St, Rosedale, AB T0J 2V0
CRUISE route from Red Deer to Drumheller
- QEII SOUTH to AB 42 EAST( Pine Lake EXIT )
- EAST on AB 42 to AB 21 = 40km ( 23min) We will wait for all cars to catch up at beginning of AB 42, then we shall be smooth sailing from here.
-SOUTH on AB 21 to AB/secondary 585 ( Trochu ) =32km (19min)
- EAST on AB 585 to AB 56 = 40km ( 26min )
-SOUTH on AB 56 to Drumheller welcome sign ( Group shot photo in front of sign) =42km(26min) 5-10 min. for pictures.

For those that want a quick car wash just to remove some bugs, we can all go to Sam’s Car Wash 250 S Railway Ave, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y0 3min away from entrance sign. It looks like they have about 5 bays. From there we can all meet at SHELL Gas 680 2 Ave W, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y3 It is on AB 9 EAST just up the road on right side. Garret ( classic 72 ) may need to fill up. Not sure of others.** ( WE CAN VOTE TO WASH OR NOT WHEN WE ARRIVE, COOLER WEATHER EQUALS LESS BUGS)**
-FROM Shell we’ll head EAST on AB 9 to AB10x = 7km ( 7min )
- SOUTH on AB10x to Last Chance Saloon(LCS) 555 Jewell St, Rosedale, AB T0J 2V0
LUNCH and group picture here. 11am-12:30 / 1pm
After lunch CRUISE. Please feel free to to join or leave at any time.
From Last Chance Saloon to HooDoo’s 15min drive 1/2 hr stop
From HooDoos to Bleriot Ferry (south). Stop= how long to get all cars over river. 30min drive.
from Bleriot Ferry (north) to HorseTheif Canyon. 8min. drive up the hill. 1/2 stop. IF everyone gets on ferry together, we’ll cruise to Horse Theif Canyon together. If not, first batch can cruise up the hill and 2nd batch will meet up there soon enough.
From HorseTheif Canyon to Quality Hotel 100 6 Ave SE, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y0 20min. Drive.
CHECK IN TIME / NAP TIME
Supper at BP’s 680 2 St SE Unit 500, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y0 5 min walk from Hotel. 6-6:30pm.** PLEASE NOTE!!! This is just an option. Its close to hotel for those who want to just eat, drink and socialize with others. Without drinking and driving. Please feel free to your options.
SUNDAY September 17th Breakfast is Complimentary with Hotel stay.
**PLEASE NOTE this is where everyone can do as they wish to do. Hang around the Drumheller area and explore more and leave for home as they wish to and when to. **

***OR !!***

Dennis and I (Ken) have a little cruise for those that care to join us. Be free to leave this cruise at any time. Please just let us know ahead of time where or when you may not continue Sundays cruise. Just so we are not waiting or looking for you.
FOR SUNDAYS CRUISE
Leave Drumheller @ 10am sharp. Please have gas and food in belly at this time.
Going to Big Valley approx 1-2hr stop ( possible auto museum, grain elevator and old train station( track side group photo) and lunch at hotel( optional)
Then back South to Rowley 20min south of Big Valley.*** PLEASE NOTE!!! This has about 5km of GRAVEL roads( 20km/hr driving for us) from highway to the town. This an Old GHOST town. about 10 people live there. Featuring OLD elevators, houses and buildings no longer in use. Its kinda a photo opportunity shoot if anyone is interested.
Then leave for Home around 3pm.
IF ANYONE has any other ideas they want to throw out there for this weekend cruise, please feel free to share with all of us on CCF. Any input or helpful info is always good.
We hope to see all come out to this events.
Please contact for any info.
Dennis ( rockitman ) 780-660-9692 Ken ( Baby Ray) 780-918-0306
Can’t wait to see all that are coming.
Thank you kindly, CHEERS

Edmonton People cruising to Red Deer for Drumheller Cruise.
We are gonna meet at McDonalds in Nisku. 301 20 Ave, Nisku, AB T9E 7Z8 ( same place as we did for the Lake Louise Cruise)
LEAVE at 7:00am Sharp.
If anyone has any other place to meet. Please feel free to give suggestions.

Glad to see we have a great group signed up for the overnight trip. Excellent.
I have spoke to management many times for last minute details and we have a 24 hr cancellation clause.
Interesting that some have used a card to hold the rooms and some have not. I believe I did and maybe I'm on the hook for the whole group and if that's the case, ENJOY.
Look forward to.:Party:

Edmonton People cruising to Red Deer for Drumheller Cruise.
We are gonna meet at McDonalds in Nisku. 301 20 Ave, Nisku, AB T9E 7Z8 ( same place as we did for the Lake Louise Cruise)
LEAVE at 7:00am Sharp.
If anyone has any other place to meet. Please feel free to give suggestions.

As for the Calgary area and Red Deer area peeps. Please feel free to organize a meet and cruise to Red Deer or on your own as you wish too.

Names I have so far.
1. Dennis & Bonnie = Rockitman
2. Ken & Heather = Baby Ray
3. Spence & Freda = SN-III
4. Brent & Debbie = Brent 08
5. Rick & Kathy = Rick9456
6. Ziggy & Cindy = Turbozig
7. Jeff & Robin = Jeffer2013
8. -------------------=SVWC
9. Randy & Cindy = Pep
10. Garret & ------ = Classic 72
11. Paul & Joanne = RockyPM

Reactions: DarylAmmann
Drumheller Cruise September 16/17th, 2017 Itinerary
September 16th Saturday
- 8:30 am - Meet in Red Deer @ McDonalds AB-595, Red Deer County, AB T4E 1B3
NOTE- Please fill up gas an be ready to CRUISE and SMILE.
- 9:00 am - Leave and Cruise to Drumheller/ Last Chance Saloon 555 Jewell St, Rosedale, AB T0J 2V0
CRUISE route from Red Deer to Drumheller
- QEII SOUTH to AB 42 EAST( Pine Lake EXIT )
- EAST on AB 42 to AB 21 = 40km ( 23min) We will wait for all cars to catch up at beginning of AB 42, then we shall be smooth sailing from here.
-SOUTH on AB 21 to AB/secondary 585 ( Trochu ) =32km (19min)
- EAST on AB 585 to AB 56 = 40km ( 26min )
-SOUTH on AB 56 to Drumheller welcome sign ( Group shot photo in front of sign) =42km(26min) 5-10 min. for pictures.

For those that want a quick car wash just to remove some bugs, we can all go to Sam’s Car Wash 250 S Railway Ave, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y0 3min away from entrance sign. It looks like they have about 5 bays. From there we can all meet at SHELL Gas 680 2 Ave W, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y3 It is on AB 9 EAST just up the road on right side. Garret ( classic 72 ) may need to fill up. Not sure of others.** ( WE CAN VOTE TO WASH OR NOT WHEN WE ARRIVE, COOLER WEATHER EQUALS LESS BUGS)**
-FROM Shell we’ll head EAST on AB 9 to AB10x = 7km ( 7min )
- SOUTH on AB10x to Last Chance Saloon(LCS) 555 Jewell St, Rosedale, AB T0J 2V0
LUNCH and group picture here. 11am-12:30 / 1pm
After lunch CRUISE. Please feel free to to join or leave at any time.
From Last Chance Saloon to HooDoo’s 15min drive 1/2 hr stop
From HooDoos to Bleriot Ferry (south). Stop= how long to get all cars over river. 30min drive.
from Bleriot Ferry (north) to HorseTheif Canyon. 8min. drive up the hill. 1/2 stop. IF everyone gets on ferry together, we’ll cruise to Horse Theif Canyon together. If not, first batch can cruise up the hill and 2nd batch will meet up there soon enough.
From HorseTheif Canyon to Quality Hotel 100 6 Ave SE, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y0 20min. Drive.
CHECK IN TIME / NAP TIME
Supper at BP’s 680 2 St SE Unit 500, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y0 5 min walk from Hotel. 6-6:30pm.** PLEASE NOTE!!! This is just an option. Its close to hotel for those who want to just eat, drink and socialize with others. Without drinking and driving. Please feel free to your options.
SUNDAY September 17th Breakfast is Complimentary with Hotel stay.
**PLEASE NOTE this is where everyone can do as they wish to do. Hang around the Drumheller area and explore more and leave for home as they wish to and when to. **

***OR !!***

Dennis and I (Ken) have a little cruise for those that care to join us. Be free to leave this cruise at any time. Please just let us know ahead of time where or when you may not continue Sundays cruise. Just so we are not waiting or looking for you.
FOR SUNDAYS CRUISE
Leave Drumheller @ 10am sharp. Please have gas and food in belly at this time.
Going to Big Valley approx 1-2hr stop ( possible auto museum, grain elevator and old train station( track side group photo) and lunch at hotel( optional)
Then back South to Rowley 20min south of Big Valley.*** PLEASE NOTE!!! This has about 5km of GRAVEL roads( 20km/hr driving for us) from highway to the town. This an Old GHOST town. about 10 people live there. Featuring OLD elevators, houses and buildings no longer in use. Its kinda a photo opportunity shoot if anyone is interested.
Then leave for Home around 3pm.
IF ANYONE has any other ideas they want to throw out there for this weekend cruise, please feel free to share with all of us on CCF. Any input or helpful info is always good.
We hope to see all come out to this events.
Please contact for any info.
Dennis ( rockitman ) 780-660-9692 Ken ( Baby Ray) 780-918-0306
Can’t wait to see all that are coming.
Thank you kindly, CHEERS
Names I have so far.
9. Randy & Cindy = Pep
12. Daryl & Diane Ammann - From Edmonton

Reactions: YFCvii
Names I have so far.
9. Randy & Cindy = Pep
12. Daryl & Diane Ammann - Edmonton

Drumheller Hotel is at the
Quality Hotel 100 S Railway ave
1-403-856-4444
Mention Canadian Corvette

Total price is $128.80.

This includes breakfast!

Great to see more on the list!

Names I have so far.
9. Randy & Cindy = Pep
12.Daryl & Dianne = DarylAmnann

To all PEEPS!! Spence has brought up a suggestion that makes good sense. About changing the Red Deer Meeting place. PETES DRIVE IN (west side of Gasoline Alley)131 Leva Ave, Red Deer County, AB T4E 1B2. Parking lot is quite empty that early. A great place to get a quick group photo before we depart. Coffee and gas all close by. Please give me a Yes or No on this.
I say YES! since we are gonna go down QEII south for a bit anyways. Good call Spence.

Regarding my suggestion for the Red Deer Start Point

Good News is that Peters Drive-In does not open until 10am :)
and that means Parking Lot is normally empty and gives us a photo op with this restaurant as a backdrop (that is more iconic on 16th Ave in Calgary).
I normally see this Parking Lot rather clean as well. :thumbs:

Bad News is that Peters Drive-In does not open until 10am
and we can't get Milkshakes this early in the morning. :bigyawn:
However there is a Second Cup for Coffee in the same Parking Lot.

So I vote YES :thumbs:

Closest Gas is a Husky on North side and a Shell (with McD's) on South side
There is also an A&W for eggers just South of this Start Point

to help your vote here is a photo of Red Deer's Gas Alley Highway Mile Peters Drive-In
P1130517.jpg

For nostalgia Here is the 16th Avenue Trans Canada Highway Calgary Location that has been Iconic for Decades ... :happy:
petersfront.jpg

Oh my, I hope not to step into MikeysZ06 AB Tourism with this .... :nailbiting:

Last edited:
Sounds good. Not sure if there are any drive in theatres along the way that are still around, would be a cool group shot also. A recomendation from Cindy is O'sheas in Drumheller for dinner. She was there a month ago with her family, amazing food and atmosphere, close to our hotel also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread