This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Driving the Vette to work = showing off?

You own it, you enjoy it.The only guys at my work who give me a hard time are the ones who smoke a pack and a half a day and party all weekend. Don't be like a friend of mine who can afford to buy any car only drive sensible cars. He is worried what the guys he work with will think.

I think a flashy car that's shiny, nice, and a little aged is better than a new outta the box flashy car... It says I like my car and I don't need a new one to show how deep my pocket book is!!!!!!!:
So if they don't like it spit melted rubber at em and take off!!!
HAHA

Do it anyway...

The only thing keeping me from abusing these tires is the fact that they are new and I may sell them if I can find a smoking deal on some stickier tires.

When the weather gets nice I don't see these tires lasting more than a month the way I like to drive. They just can't handle 1st, 2nd or part of 3rd at all.

I don't think this is a new car vs old car thing. I think it is more of just a pure sports car thing where people know you have pockets deep enough for a second vehicle as sports cars normally aren't used as daily drivers all year round.

And for CBC: As for your tires not having much grip.
They may get better as the streets clean up and heat up a bit with the sun. A little off topic but have you looked at the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 or Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec tires? I have read good things on those...