I got my vette a little over 3 years ago and paid $28,500 for her with only 27k on the odometer.
Very cheap in my eyes even a great performance car deal even in stock trim with no mods.
I did get the mod bug and wacked another 5k into here 3 months later and still spending.....

I had had people wave to me, smile or even throw a cigarette but at me and give me the finger
when driving past them, some people a just jealous of our cars.

I know guys with 20k in their SNOWMOBILES,its just a question of what you like for a hobby,i bought a 01 C5 vert last year for resale for just over $16k,most of my friends thought it was a 50k+ car,i like that about a Vette,they look expensive,in reality a used Vette is compairable to a new midsize car in price.When i bought my wife a Yukon xl (was a year old when i got it) the sticker price was $63,000,yet nobody ever comments on how rich you have to be to purchace a nice suv

I work with one older gent whom drives a 1990 mazda b 2200 crap box! But the same guy owns a million dollar house with no mortgage,I guess thats where his heart is.

Wouldn't it be against 1 of the vette commandments to not drive it because of your co-workers? We need confirmation from the leader of our vette clergy... Riley?
[mob][/mob]

I think the first commandment is to not loan your Corvette to anyone else. Not driving it because of co-workers is probably something like number 11.

Hahaha, good one, where is Riley, not in front of the computer today?
Let see how long it takes him to post up, still in bed I guess dreaming
of driving the car in a few months. :) JK.

I can just feel the love.:rofl:

Work is crazy busy as I am trying to get this project finished off. The details are just a killer. 98% done but that last 2% seems to take up 15% of the time.:eek:

The devil is in the details!

That reminds me.... I remember doing an audit and one of my partners was having a hard time with a file and in frustration put in "ALL F***'ed UP" as the notes placeholder in the financial statements... over and over... of course he changed the notes.... but when the client requested a digital pdf of the statements he accidentally sent the wrong version to pdf and emailed them to the bank.... luckily the bank had a bit of a sense of humor and we resent the correct copy.

CB,
I work for an EXTREMELY successful man. He pulls up to work every day in anything from a Lambo LP640 Murcielago to a RR Phantom Drophead. Trust me, there are eight other cars in between with one of those being a Lambo Gallardo Spyder. NO ONE is envious or jealous. We are all proud to be associated with him and the brand he created. His generosity is also overwhelming as he has often let me play with his toys too. So believe me, when I pull up in my Vette, I am just as proud and I refuse to keep her under wraps as a garage queen. It brings me immense joy and I don't want to be "that guy" who is full of regrets as he takes his last breaths. Just my 2

People who don't know cars think the c5z looks like 50k+ car. My neighbour could not believe it was 6 years old. He said it looked new. He asked about warranty, etc. I just laughed and said "WHAT WARRANTY!"

I was more concerned about the car due to the fact that I have received sizable raises over the last three years working where I work. If the boss sees me flying around in what he perceives as an expensive car that may change. Don't worry I already told him how much it cost.

Driving vs not driving the car to work was more about continuing to connect with the people that work for me than caring about what they thought. People who in these tough times can't relate to owning any year corvette. One of them is a single mom who was crying last week at work when her car radiator blew in her 10+ year old car because she could not afford to fix it. She since bought a 2005 Kia Sol or something for 5k. I have a good say in whether or not people get raises.

It should be noted that I am the youngest person in the office and I'm the #2 guy besides the owners. I know I'm stirring up the pot as it is... driving a yellow vette into work just further pisses them off.

HLN said it best... if they get upset they didn't like me anyways.

I think if I can keep from laying 100' tracks of rubber while leaving the office at lunch I should be ok.

drive it ... don't worry about the others and you can't be responsible for the conditions of the others. I'm sure you work hard for your money and you can spend it the way you want.
this is my 0.02 cents
:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.