I machine wash and dry mine (California Car Covers) in a commercial machine. The manufacture of mine does not recommend using Bounce or other dryer sheets. Not sure why.

Amazing how dirty they get over the course of a winter, even stored inside. My wife will be happy to get the dinning room back once the car goes out of the house. :Biggrin:

I machine wash and dry mine (California Car Covers) in a commercial machine. The manufacture of mine does not recommend using Bounce or other dryer sheets. Not sure why.

Amazing how dirty they get over the course of a winter, even stored inside. My wife will be happy to get the dinning room back once the car goes out of the house. :Biggrin:
Good to know about the bounce sheets.
Is there a reason you use a commercial machine? From what I have found out researching this, they say not to use a washing machine with the center agitator, but ours is a front load machine...would that be ok?

I distribute it evenly around the agitator Dale and the machine doesn't rock and roll at all. Watch for the spin cycle though in case it gets bunched up on one side.
I use the big commercial units at the coin op laundry. More room , more water, leads to a more thorough wash.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I've washed mine 3 times now in my front loader washer but I use Woolite on the gentle cycle. As for drying, I put it in my front loader dryer on the gentle cycle for 20 minutes. It tends to bunch up in the dryer, so I keep checking it every 20, unroll it, then in for another 20 minutes. I keep doing this until dry. It comes out looking brand new every time.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Yes ... I wash my indoor GM accessory cloth covers (but not my outdoor ones).

I just separate the “whites” and all is good and in accordance to my written “spousal instructions” note when doing my laundry ...
oh wait ...
reading further there’s a rule of what can get washed in the same machine that her wardrobe is washed in ...

so it appears I will be off to the coin laundry so that “carnivore food” stays on the menu and in agreement to the written “spousal instructions” that I negotiated with her 😂

Last edited:
Washed my 2 strech satin oem cover and my exterior cover (The wall) in my front load mashine with softer detergent, no probleme, dried them in my dryer a lower temp and they all came out perfect, I didn't know about dryer sheets, they all smell good now.
The good smell is a plus when you're hugging your Vette Stephane. :Biggrin:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.