Jan 24, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette Sting
Province
ON
There are many stories about joyrides being taken with your C8 (and other cars too) when taking your car in for service, understanding that its probably a very low % of Dealerships doing this and giving them all a bad name, and many owners asking what can be done as some dealers also turn off the PDR etc when the car arrives for Service, and Valet mode isn't an option either due to its settings.....
I just read on another Corvette chat site for a Great idea that I didn't think of to protect the Owner and wondering if anyone else has done this?
- Simply program 'remote 2' to Teen Driver mode, which will prevent anyone from Driving you car like a maniac or blowing your speakers...Since I'm the only one that drives my car, I'll be doing this immediately once the cover comes off....

My dealer is a normal dealer in that I know they are in it for the money, but they've never turned off the pdr. If they did I'd never go back. However, they always record the "mileage in" likely for that reason. You need to make sure yours does that also. Mileage out - mileage in = no problem

Reactions: rfh928 and butsy
My dealer is a normal dealer in that I know they are in it for the money, but they've never turned off the pdr. If they did I'd never go back. However, they always record the "mileage in" likely for that reason. You need to make sure yours does that also. Mileage out - mileage in = no problem
Unless Mileage out - mileage in = problem..... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I just read on another Corvette chat site for a Great idea that I didn't think of to protect the Owner and wondering if anyone else has done this?
- Simply program 'remote 2' to Teen Driver mode, which will prevent anyone from Driving you car like a maniac or blowing your speakers...Since I'm the only one that drives my car, I'll be doing this immediately once the cover comes off....

I'm pretty sure their scan tools can override teen driver mode if they want to (and actually may have, to if they're trying to diagnose certain conditions)

Reactions: Murray20c8
There are many stories about joyrides being taken with your C8 (and other cars too) when taking your car in for service, understanding that its probably a very low % of Dealerships doing this and giving them all a bad name, and many owners asking what can be done as some dealers also turn off the PDR etc when the car arrives for Service, and Valet mode isn't an option either due to its settings.....
Could also make a pointed request not to take the car for a test drive (shouldn't be required anyway for a service) and record the mileage when dropping it off.