Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
I was looking at my options to make it possibly a tad easier to keep my engine bay clean when washing the C* - has anyone purchased the Quintens or the C8Mac silicone drop in covers?
Prior to ordering thought I would check around. I have used up until now a series of micro-fibre cloths and it works okay but just thought for the couple of hundred bucks it gives me a dedicated solution, drop in and be done with it.
Appreciate any feedback - Thanks

SO the general consensus is to not spend the extra few dollars and go with spending more time cleaning the engine after it gets soaked - interesting ... lol
FYI it doesn’t get soaked. A very small amount goes through the vents. Don’t spray directly into the vents and take the 5 minutes to clean up the “overspray”. The bonus is your engine bay is always detailed.

You gonna cover it up in the rain?

What I do is take two towels one for each side fold them length wise into 4
I then wet one side of the towel down to make them heavy but not soaked
I place the wet side down on the vents and tuck the bottom into the glass gap. Good luck on your cleaning efforts. Good on you to also choose the clear top makes It much more of a open feel.
IMG_6006.jpeg

SO was just watching Rick Conti - and Apparently if you sell your car within the 6 month window GM can refuse to offer warranty on that car?
He was referencing of course Z06 and 2023 model year, but does this also apply to stingray and what about Canada?

zero warranty if sold within 6 months? 11.20 or thereabouts
no it does not. Its only 2023 z06 and 2024 Z06 and E-Ray

To the contrary, I want water in the trunk/engine bay/rear window/hatch windshield/vents because the trunk edges, rear window, hatch windshield, vents get dirty so when you wash the car as normal you get some water in the t/eb/rw/hw/v and can wipe them off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.