Dec 8, 2019
VetteCoins
I have PPF done on my rockers and was wondering if I need to remove it prior to installing ACS Z06 rocker panels. They are attached by double sided tape and 4-5 rivets along the bottom.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_6185.jpeg
    IMG_6185.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6186.jpeg
    IMG_6186.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Vettenut
If you dont remove the PPF then the rockers will be held on by the strength of the PPF bond and of course the rivets

I probably would .

By the way nice choice on the rockers ....I have been considering the exact same ones .... and would have that exact same concern .;)

Maybe I’ll have the shop cut the PPF where the tape is attached? And thanks! I ordered the Z06 rockers along with the 1VM front splitter. ACS is pricey!

Maybe I’ll have the shop cut the PPF where the tape is attached? And thanks! I ordered the Z06 rockers along with the 1VM front splitter. ACS is pricey!
Maybe, but super high quality. You will not be disappointed.
Yea they are VERY expensive .... I also have the 1VM on my C8 from ACS ... and like ripcard says ... very high quality ... fit and finish is gorgeous

If you have the ability and your ambitious enough ... install them yourself .. its not hard at all ... save yourself a few bucks

Reactions: Noreplacement
I would remove the PPF to insure good adhesion… I did them on my car two weeks ago, very easy install, please watch the ACS install video, they updated it where they put the tape initially on the door instead of the Z06 rocker…

here they are on my C8

View attachment 118731

Wow, thank you for this picture. That looks incredible and much more subtle than the 5VM splitter and rockers. Beautiful car!

Reactions: HDeno
I have the ACS 1VM rockers coming this week. I had the whole car done in ceramic. I’d like to install the rockers myself but I need to remove the ceramic where the 3m tape is going. Any tips? (Besides deciding to do rockers before getting ceramic lol)

I have the ACS 1VM rockers coming this week. I had the whole car done in ceramic. I’d like to install the rockers myself but I need to remove the ceramic where the 3m tape is going. Any tips? (Besides deciding to do rockers before getting ceramic lol)
Google removing ceramic coating. Lot's of hits telling you what to use and how to use it.

Grinder! ;)