@Murray20c8 Former Mayor "Moonbeam" Gregor Robinson of Vancouver is an avid cyclist, is responsible for the proliferation of bike lanes without community consolation. He is wealthy from his juice company, and he famously rode Skytrain without paying the fare, so I guess he's a bike setting elite?
This guy? Seriously? Looks like a biker.
Man-candy Mayor Gregor Robertson gets with the gays as Pride party DJ | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

Reactions: Creedence85
I have been using Motul 0-W40. The shop that does my work uses it on all their track Vettes and also for Ron Fellows, including C8's. It's fairly expensive

Motul.JPG

Reactions: Murray20c8
I get the difficulty for some not being able to source the 0-40W Dexos2 easily but what I don't get is you just paid $100K plus for a car for most of us and we're bitching about the cost of an oil change? I don't get it?
Would you pay $200k for your corvette? Probably not. Why pay $20 for oil thats available for $10 elsewhere. Why pay more for anything if it less elsewhere and all else is equal ?

Reactions: MKinOntario
I get the difficulty for some not being able to source the 0-40W Dexos2 easily but what I don't get is you just paid $100K plus for a car for most of us and we're bitching about the cost of an oil change? I don't get it?
I had to sell my 2 Camaros and a shiRtload of stock that was to help pay bills in our retirement, to buy our Corvette. It was a gamble, but one we were willing to make for an amazing (almost) affordable Supercar. Things happen in life and one must be prepared for it. As an example we were recently forced to replace our oil furnace with a propane one. A hit we are just able to take by delaying payment for a month using Visa. Believe me, take care of the pennies and the dollars take care of themselves.

Reactions: JOHNNY MAC
....Believe me, take care of the pennies and the dollars take care of themselves.

Here are more cost saving ideas:
1. Education? If you have children or grandchildren do they really need a costly education? Plus our prisons have classes that are free.
2. Better to give AND receive? If you belong to an org that passes a donation basket, pretend to drop in a 20 while taking out a 100. Practice at home.
3. Medical. Almost anything a doctor does can be duplicated after a few hours on Youtube.
4. Dental. see above.
5. Vacation. I am not sure why people find bad food, long lines, carrying clothing, Elvis impersonators, obnoxious boors etc desirable and in most cases the people you really need a vacation from, are right there with you. Staycation and go for a ride.

1. Education? If you have children or grandchildren do they really need a costly education? Plus our prisons have classes that are free.
2. Better to give AND receive? If you belong to an org that passes a donation basket, pretend to drop in a 20 while taking out a 100. Practice at home.
3. Medical. Almost anything a doctor does can be duplicated after a few hours on Youtube.
4. Dental. see above.
5. Vacation. I am not sure why people find bad food, long lines, carrying clothing, Elvis impersonators, obnoxious boors etc desirable and in most cases the people you really need a vacation from, are right there with you. Staycation and go for a ride.
Perhaps if you rent out your Corvette (3 out of 4 weekends a month), you could still make it to see Elvis.

• Haha
Reactions: 12cents
FYI everyone.

Advanced Auto Parts in USA now has online stock again.
My order is now in transit to my USA address. Free shipping nationwide (min order applies) and about $10 CAD per bottle or $7.x USD. Cheap!

Reactions: Murray20c8
4. Dental. see above.
Answer to #5: Because its Vegas, baby! And that means you are only an hour away from Pahrump…..

Reactions: gdb069
Oil arrived today from Advance. I confirm that you do NOT get the old oil on their photo or description. You get the new Supercar labelled oil. For $10 Canadian if u have a USA shipping address. Great for all of us living near the border.

Not so great for Edmontonians, LOL! Unless u want to take a leisurely 6 hour one-way drive to Sweetgrass, MT. But Hey! It is a nice drive….

This is ridiculous! dexos®2 | GM
Do we really need to use 0w40?
5w30 and even 5w40 is everywhere, but not 0w40
The 2024 owners manual says to use Dexos R equivalent motor oil. I have seen it said that it should be Dexos 2 . I believe the recommended viscosity is 0w40 . What is the difference between the two? I linked to this from the manual itself and there appears to be two 0w40’s listed. Having seen several opinions on this I was curious if there is a definitive answer or at least a strong consensus. Bit of a confusing situation. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.