Agree there is some relationship, just not all the information I would like to see to make a definitive decision for me. Especially since it does not say Dexos 2 or R on the container. I'm fine personally for now as I have the SUPERCAR DEXOS R I picked up at Advance auto for $10.50 per Litre however not everyone can do that as they are not close to the border. Hopefully in the future CASTROL had all the info needed
You would think, now that the C8 is in its fifth production year that this would no longer be an issue. I know that there haven’t been a large number of them brought into the country but you would think that there were other vehicles specifying this formulation . I think I am now oiled out.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Would you pay $200k for your corvette? Probably not. Why pay $20 for oil thats available for $10 elsewhere. Why pay more for anything if it less elsewhere and all else is equal ?
I keep saying to everyone.....just find out who the distributor is for your area and buy it from them. That's where the dealers gets it. They get it for $12 a liter and charge you $26. Then they wonder why they don't sell any?

I keep saying to everyone.....just find out who the distributor is for your area and buy it from them. That's where the dealers gets it. They get it for $12 a liter and charge you $26. Then they wonder why they don't sell any?
Yes agree that should work for most. I live 10 minutes from the border so buy from the US. As indicated previously all in cost was $10.50 CAD For SUPERCAR plus i full up my fuel tank for far less than than it costs in Vancouver making the trip even that much more worthwhile.

This. Find a Mobil/Esso bulk distributor. Call them. Buy oil. Save money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vetteboy21
I bought 24 quarts from my Esso bulk guy for less than $13 per quart. Not worth driving 12 hours to find civilization south of 49.
No argument here…as I indicated “ if you are able”. I’m 10 minutes away, pay $10.50 no need to find a bulk dealer and pay $13. Many can’t do that I can. Others near me have also done. So moral of the story is find the best deal for you taking into account all the information you have available to you ……or not, up to you

So much stress over oil. Pay the damn dealer $200 or so bucks a year, check your oil level after, and move on.
I'm not made of money! I live on a fixed income. Dam it must be nice to throw away money!

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I'm not made of money! I live on a fixed income. Dam it must be nice to throw away money!
LOL... As a small business owner I hear "I'm on a fixed income" all the time. My usual response is "Wow that must be nice knowing how much money you are going to get!" With a small business owner if the phone doesn't ring or no one comes into the office... no one is getting paid! Oh ya ... and no one is going to pay me to leave. Everyone has their limits to cash flow and not everyone can just pay out all the time. It is up to each individual to do within their budget. :)

Aren't most people on fixed incomes? I'm salaried, so my paycheque is always the same. Even most hourly folks tend to work the same number of hours every week, so their income is essentially fixed too.
My fixed income will NEVER increase. Well, except for OAS. Yours is likely bargained for etc.

Last edited:
Rockauto has 0-40 Mobil 1 Supercar in stock for $11.45. I’ve ordered from them many times, never had a problem.

You have to look under 2022, 2023 doesn’t populate yet.

• Informative
Rockauto has 0-40 Mobil 1 Supercar in stock for $11.45. I’ve ordered from them many times, never had a problem.

You have to look under 2022, 2023 doesn’t populate yet.

$11.45 plus $30 shipping

I swear to gawd no one ever does a search. There was a 3 pg thread on the exact same subject that ended July 20 and now a 5 pg thread started July 17 thats still going strong :Hurray:

If you're near TO the best distributor is:

OEM Fleets
You can buy this oil for $15/L. Just call Sunny 416-839-1611. Pickup address: 1214A Kamato Rd. Mississauga,

If you're outside TO, call around for a local distributor

Otherwise:

RockAuto online $16.50 (all numbers pretax)

Amazon - sold out

Cross-border US$11.50

Dealer $26

Thread closed :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.