Wouldn't any full synthetic 0W40 oil work? Does it have to be Dexos?
Like Mobil 1?

Dexos is the required/recommended brand, so not wise to use something else, especially if a warranty issue occurs. Murray: are the Mobil oil distributors unable to source out the oil for you? I had no problems in the past getting the largest Mobil distributor in my area (Bluewater Group), bring in some cases.

Reactions: Sturmgewehr
Dexos is the required/recommended brand, so not wise to use something else, especially if a warranty issue occurs. Murray: are the Mobil oil distributors unable to source out the oil for you? I had no problems in the past getting the largest Mobil distributor in my area (Bluewater Group), bring in some cases.
Just had 3rd oil change at Sadlon Motors and had to pay for this one =took about an hour-$314.24 made up of $19 labour and the rest oil-$279.52 plus filter, taxes, misc so oil is by far the biggest part of oil change-unless you get oil way cheaper then it is hard to argue with dealership doing the work and dealing with mess and old oil and filter.

Once out of warranty, any synthetic 0w40 or even a 5w40 that is API SP and ILSAC GF-6 would work fine. A 5w40 would be fine, the difference between a 0w and a 5w is only at very cold temperatures, well out of the range you're likely operating your car, and 5w synthetics still flow very well when cold. I would stick to a 40 and not go down to a 30 to maintain proper flow rate at temperature.

There are 44 gallons in stock at my local CanTire @ $66/gallon + tax.
Where do you live Murray, and I'll bring some out to you?

Once out of warranty, any synthetic 0w40 or even a 5w40 that is API SP and ILSAC GF-6 would work fine. A 5w40 would be fine, the difference between a 0w and a 5w is only at very cold temperatures, well out of the range you're likely operating your car, and 5w synthetics still flow very well when cold. I would stick to a 40 and not go down to a 30 to maintain proper flow rate at temperature.
Thanks. I kind of thought that. Extended warranty is 7 years so I got a while to go.

Murray: you're in Uxbridge, right? I searched and found there's a Mobil Oil distributor located at Etobicoke (BRENNTAG CANADA INC.) and perhaps they'll have the oil you're looking for?? Google tells me they're 58 minutes from Uxbridge. I couldn't find one in the Toronto area or closer to Uxbridge. I found the cheapest price at Edmonton's largest Mobil Oil distributor for the C8 correct/recommended oil, which is why I'm sounding like a broken record. Hope this helps but regardless, good luck with your quest!

Reactions: Murray20c8
Reactions: MKinOntario
Just had 3rd oil change at Sadlon Motors and had to pay for this one =took about an hour-$314.24 made up of $19 labour and the rest oil-$279.52 plus filter, taxes, misc so oil is by far the biggest part of oil change-unless you get oil way cheaper then it is hard to argue with dealership doing the work and dealing with mess and old oil and filter.
Took an hour and $19 labour charge?! Wow, what dealership is that, charging $19 per hour! Mine is north of $150 per hour

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.