if you can get anywhere near an Advanced Autoparts in the USA they have ESP/Supercar on sale.
I get it shipped to my mail box in Blaine, WA as I’m only 10 min from the border. Approx $10.50 CAD/quart
I've got a receiver across the river here, same idea. I'm so close to the border, I'd just drive across, buy it and drive back. Thanks for the tip.

Uxbridge is not necessarily a border friendly location. It's roughly equi-distant to New York state via bridges across the St. Lawrence or Niagara rivers. Got Lake Ontario in the way, otherwise.
Unfortunately, the fuel costs and drive time might negate any savings on the US discount priced oil.
It would be a nice excuse to get away, for an over nighter, though.
Or, go the other way, north to Sault Ste Marie and get some in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, which is quite a nice area, and got lots of roads with few State Troopers.

Ya, but that's outrageous price for oil! 5 liters should be 60 bucks, not $120.
Same reason the cars sell "gently used" for well over the built to order prices.
Supply and demand, in this case? Especially if you're the only game in town, and stick to the manufacturer's recommendation.
What else could Exxon Mobil possibly add to the "supercar" formula, that hasn't been added to the regular Mobil1 ESP oil, to make it "that much better that it costs double the price"?
Fear, maybe? Of blowing your warranty, or damaging your engine, I guess.
I wonder what percentage of owners actually use the Dexos 2/R "supercar" recommended oil?

if you can get anywhere near an Advanced Autoparts in the USA they have ESP/Supercar on sale.
I get it shipped to my mail box in Blaine, WA as I’m only 10 min from the border. Approx $10.50 CAD/quart
Unfortunately, the Advanced Auto Parts store will not allow a pick and say Out Of Stock so I checked a few more and same thing. I am in Burnaby so wondering about a one time mailbox address for delivery in Blaine or Lynden?

Has anyone talked to the dealer and found out if there's an alternate spec for street use like with the C7? The whole point of a 0w40 is to get the cold temp flow rate for startup protection with the high temp flow rate for track driving conditions so you can use one oil for both conditions, but street driving is rarely going to get close to this. In the C7 from 2014 to 2018 the recommended spec for street was 5w30, for track was 15w50, then in 2019 they updated to 0w40 so you didn't have to change, but 5w30 would work just as well on the street as it had before.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Took an hour and $19 labour charge?! Wow, what dealership is that, charging $19 per hour! Mine is north of $150 per hour
I have no idea how long actual work took just that I sat in waiting room for about an hour and Labour -$19.00 is what invoice said

Unfortunately, the Advanced Auto Parts store will not allow a pick and say Out Of Stock so I checked a few more and same thing. I am in Burnaby so wondering about a one time mailbox address for delivery in Blaine or Lynden?
Yes the stores are out of stock so place online order for delivery to my parcel handler in Blaine.

I have no idea how long actual work took just that I sat in waiting room for about an hour and Labour -$19.00 is what invoice said
$314 sounds about right: About $15 for filter, 8L of oil at say even $15 each is $120 so 314-135 = $179.
It may be the computer system includes one price including labour in the oil change price and the $19 is "misc shop charges"

Yes the stores are out of stock so place online order for delivery to my parcel handler in Blaine.
Thanks for the info. I researched a bit and found Advanced in US selling Supercar oil for about $10CAD and filter about $25 so total would be about $80 less than purchase here from dealership.

A government plot preventing us from using oil and gas, they'll still jet and limo around.
I can't see any political leader biking it! LOL
Or maybe a Hansom cab? Big drone? ;)

@Murray20c8 Former Mayor "Moonbeam" Gregor Robinson of Vancouver is an avid cyclist, is responsible for the proliferation of bike lanes without community consolation. He is wealthy from his juice company, and he famously rode Skytrain without paying the fare, so I guess he's a bike setting elite?

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
$314 sounds about right: About $15 for filter, 8L of oil at say even $15 each is $120 so 314-135 = $179.
It may be the computer system includes one price including labour in the oil change price and the $19 is "misc shop charges"

My last OC was 221 tax in lol...

Didn't one of the world climate alarmist leaders, recently attending one of their UN/WEF/WHO/WTO sponsored eco-green boondoggles, fly in on a carbon spewing jet, take an ICE cab/limo to about 2 blocks from the meeting, and then rent/ride a bike the last couple hundred yards for the photo op? I'm sure I read/saw it somewhere, maybe last week or before?

Reactions: Red Devil
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.