Jul 1, 2017
VetteCoins
Well gang here is my new Black Z06 I have been waiting for. I arrived home from work...rushed down to take delivery... today and here it is.

Hey wait!

IMG_5763.jpg
IMG_5764.jpg
IMG_5766.jpg
IMG_5768.jpg
IMG_5770.jpg

Obviously not a black Z06 Z07 3LZ.....
Yes the unthinkable happened. I left my 15 with the dealer when I went overseas a month ago as my car would be waiting when I got back right. They sold my 15 in less than 2 weeks and I came back to find out there was a screwup shipping my 17 from Ontario. Not my dealers fault actually as I saw all the papers and communications from the dealer in Ontario where it was informing them it was shipped...twice.
So I stood there like a little boy with a quivering bottom lip as I had no Corvette to drive.... The girl who sold me the car apologises profusely to the point of tearing up and hands me a FOB and says take this for a few days till my car arrives. (Maybe this weekend)
No deposits...no bull...full of fuel and brand new sting ray with an automatic trans. (and yes this car does that 2-3 / 3-2 thing with the transmission some guys were talking about on here a few weeks ago. Feels quite weird. Seems the tranny only shifts quick and aggressive if your foot is into it hard)

So my wife says she will finally get a chance to drive my Corvette as it has the A8. Which is cool. She will love it. I was really pissed off in the beginning but I'm actually now kind of glad to get to drive an A8 Stingray for a few days just to compare. Car rides really nice even without the mag ride. Sounds ok and is pretty darn quick. A darn nice car to drive and feels light and nimble.

So I will be posting the new Z in a few days.... for now I'm putting up with the looks from the Mustang and Camaro drivers who are all chest out pulling up beside the Stingray... Next week they will be quickly looking the other way again when I'm in the Z06.
Tonight we are taking the purple Stingray to the grocery store. Gonna fill the thing up.

Isn't life full of little surprises.

Derek

Pretty accommodating dealer Derek. I really like the colour of the sting ray.

Looking forward to the next photographic event when the Z06 arrives. Enjoy that ride while you have it.

Yes I am pretty pleased at the way the dealer handled this. They did more stuff on the Z06 as well and threw in some nice jackets so for sure they stand up for promises when things go south.
My wife plainly does not like the black rose color. I do not care for it much either but actually think the color would be great if it was rose black with way a way darker tint. That would be a hard one for me to pass up in the metallic.
I just got back and washed and wiped the entire car down as it was full of water spots. I thought of just leaving it and driving it around like that... but just couldn't do it. Hey above all its a Corvette. Just no way I could sleep knowing it is dirty let alone drive it around.

D

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Wow.... I opened this thread and saw your text... then I scrolled down and saw the picture...I thought...hmmmm... must be just the light but that car doesn't look black... then I looked closer and then thought...and it's not a Z .... Then I went right to the rest of the story... Glad you're getting treated so well Derek... and glad your car is coming... And yes... the Stingray is not the Z but it's still pretty quick... Fast enough to get in trouble with either way... I laugh at the guys that puff out their Mustang GT and Camaro SS chests... They aren't even close to being in the same league as the Corvette whether it's the Stingray or the Z06... Grocery getters who wish they were sports cars.... :rofl:

It finally landed at the dealership today. Drove over to look it over for the first time. The interior; dash pad, center console and trim are all done in suede. First Corvette I've seen with the interior like this. Even the shifter is covered in suede.
It a touch dusty but otherwise looks great. Should have it ready to pick up Wednesday afternoon. :meme:

IMG_5778.jpg
IMG_5779.jpg
IMG_5784.jpg
IMG_5785.jpg
IMG_5791.jpg
IMG_5792.jpg

Last edited:
Derek.... How many times are you going to hear the word WOW! .... What a sharp looking ride.... Enjoy... :thumbs:

haha... I'm hearing WOW in my own head since I saw the car today.
What do you guys think of the red stripe on the wheels? My wife likes it but I'm not digging it. This detail will have to grow on me... :heyyy:

I really like the wheel stripe Derek... especially on the black car... It fits with the calipers too.... Only thing I'd consider maybe make is to tint the side markers...I did mine and really like the subdued look..they were a bit bright and in your face for my taste... but each to their own... Sweet looking ride either way man....

DSCN6272 (2).JPG

I really like the wheel stripe Derek... especially on the black car... It fits with the calipers too.... Only thing I'd consider maybe make is to tint the side markers...I did mine and really like the subdued look..they were a bit bright and in your face for my taste... but each to their own... Sweet looking ride either way man....

View attachment 10538

I'm giving the wheel stripe time to soak in... I expect I will learn to live with it. Well let me rephrase that....I am going to live with it as I'm done hemorrhaging cash on cars for at least a month!

I really like the way your marker lights look blacked out. Thanks for pointing that out as yes your are right the bright markers really stick out and assault the eyes.
By the time the car is ready for its first service I will likely be recovered mentally from the horror of what this darn car cost and then going to install a few little things that I had on my 15 and take your advice and get the markers tinted as well.
The Spats are really great at keeping the chips out of the paint in front of the back wheels. I highly recommend them to anyone who is tired of seeing new marks everytime they wash the car. They are not the most attractive but do a darn good job of saving the paint as the 3M can only do so much and it seems that the marks always land 1/2 inch from the edge of the stuff.
This stuff is the same finish as the Aero from the factory so it will blend in nice I think.

C7Z06INTEGRATEDSPATBCINSTJAY1.jpg
C7Z06REARAIRVENTLOWERBCSEVADA2.jpg
C7Z07REARAIRVENTUPPERINST12.jpg

Hmmm ... great you got that ride while you waited as I see they do have quite a bit of Black Rose inventory still.
I thought Black Rose would fly off the shelf when it was announced for its retirement next year.
I was wrong on that as I see many Dealers still sport Black Rose in all models in their inventory.
It is a nice color although not one for me. I would like Black in a metallic but realize it's not "black" that way.
So I remain to embrace LBR for our collection.
Your Z06 looks great however it really needs your butt in that drivers' seat to be awesome.
I am one along with many others who are cheering for you on that day. Cheers !!!

Totally, completely stunning!!! Congratulations! It is cool to get a good close-up look at your interior. The suede is super classy. The sweetest interior feature HAS to be that little 650 horsepower tag next to your shifter knuckles!

After playing in the A8, will your wife want to learn to drive a stick I wonder? Please let us know how amazing your first joyride was...

Well gang I finally picked up the new Z.
Feels a lot like the 15 with a new car smell and new tires. Definitely love the bigger carbon ceramic brakes on this one. Nice first drive... Edmonton rush hour.
Tomorrow the highway...

So the overall impression of the differences between the Stingray and Z06.
Certainly preferred the A8 Stingray in the traffic. I found the Stingray to be a very quick and great handling car with good visibility. The transmission seems to be able to deliver power very quick in D no matter what speed you are moving. The shifts were more crisp as you got into it and nice and smooth when just cruising. Overall a great car and no slouch for power. This car will smoke the tires with ease and get wiggly shifting into 2nd and 3rd as well.
I liked it a lot; but...
M7 Z06... one word. black, suede upholstered beast. Ok.. 4 words.

IMG_6017.JPG
IMG_6021.JPG
IMG_6015.JPG
IMG_6012.jpg
IMG_6005.jpg
IMG_5996.jpg
IMG_5999.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.