Jan 24, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette Sting
Province
ON
The wait is almost over, but GM likes to test your patience!! Went on the waiting list for a C8 July 2021. Finally got the call in Feb 2023 to build the car, and my car was built and shipped out of the factory a couple weeks ago. The car arrived in Ingersoll at the shipping yard 1 week ago and still has not arrived at the Dealership! The dealer is only 1.5hrs away from where the car is sitting, waiting to be picked up. The length of time consumers have to wait for cars these days (especially the C8), GM Canada should be doing everything possible to make sure it's delivered as quickly as possible once its available to ship. Auto Manufacturing is still not producing the # of cars Pre-Covid, so there is not excuse for a delay in shipping. The local Dealerships have no control over this, 100% falls on GM Canada....I'm sure I'll get it soon, but still very frustrating!!

Reactions: BCL and Red Devil
I feel the pain. For GM Canada appears to be an after thought as far as the C8 goes. When one dealership in the US has more allocations than the all of Canada something is not right here — as you indicate
The problem is that GM makes about $10,000 per car sold in the US vs Canada.

It's not GM! It's the carriers fault. JCT could easily have taken it 1.5 hours further, but didn't want to.
Disagree....I understand the Dealers have no 'say', but GM pays a Transport company to get their products to the end user in a timely manner. What is a reasonable amount of time for cars to reach the Dealer?? (not for me to answer), but as a customer I'd say having the completed car sitting in a shipping lot waiting to be delivered for 2 weeks is 100% unacceptable. I'm told they are short Drivers?? Then GM's should be responsible for either getting another company that can fulfil the Delivery obligations agreed upon or hire more drivers. Then there is the Dealership side - Imagine a dealer waiting for 13+ cars from this lot? Do the math on average cost for 13 cars. That's $$ that should be in the Dealerships hands. Can't imagine if production levels were at Pre-Covid levels.....You would never get your car shipped out.....

Reactions: BCL
You don't pay the balance (-$2500 I paid as a deposit) until you take delivery, yes? I would think the delaerships would be doing everything possible to speed the process at every juncture, to get the balance due, and take their cut.

Disagree....I understand the Dealers have no 'say', but GM pays a Transport company to get their products to the end user in a timely manner. What is a reasonable amount of time for cars to reach the Dealer?? (not for me to answer), but as a customer I'd say having the completed car sitting in a shipping lot waiting to be delivered for 2 weeks is 100% unacceptable. I'm told they are short Drivers?? Then GM's should be responsible for either getting another company that can fulfil the Delivery obligations agreed upon or hire more drivers. Then there is the Dealership side - Imagine a dealer waiting for 13+ cars from this lot? Do the math on average cost for 13 cars. That's $$ that should be in the Dealerships hands. Can't imagine if production levels were at Pre-Covid levels.....You would never get your car shipped out.....
I understand your argument, but they pay JCT to deliver. It's up to them to do the logistics. GM doesn't track the cars per se. They only mandate that JCT remove the cars from BG within 10 days. Yes, tracking info is available on Workbench, but nobody makes sure things get delivered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.