Oct 18, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
SL500
Province
QC
I had my allocation 2 weeks ago for a Stingray z51 2024. A week after I got a call from my dealer stating there was a delay of production on Z51. Does anyone are aware of this delay on the Z51 production. Thanks.

Not sure why he said that. If your order was accepted with a Z51 then you should be OK. The dealer may simply believe that Z51's are on constraint, which is quite likely. If he tried to assign your order with an allocation that doesn't allow for Z51 then, yes, that can happen. What is your order status?

That’s what they told me, when he put the assignment he got a return that finally the Z51 wasn’t allowed. They put my allocation on hold until the next Z51 allocation is authorized. I keep following C8tracker allocation by dealer and nothing has change since that situation. Keep a eye on that :(

That’s what they told me, when he put the assignment he got a return that finally the Z51 wasn’t allowed. They put my allocation on hold until the next Z51 allocation is authorized. I keep following C8tracker allocation by dealer and nothing has change since that situation. Keep a eye on that :(
Yes, he got an allocation for a non Z51. He most certainly gave the order to the next in line that didn't want a Z51.

• Agree
Reactions: MKC8
I had my allocation 2 weeks ago for a Stingray z51 2024. A week after I got a call from my dealer stating there was a delay of production on Z51. Does anyone are aware of this delay on the Z51 production. Thanks.
FWIW, my 2024 HTC Z51 w/MSRC was built on November 7. Could be anything, brakes, suspension, exhaust parts holding them up. Or, making way for E-Ray builds, maybe? They do seem to want to push the "enviromentally friendly" version out.

FWIW, my 2024 HTC Z51 w/MSRC was built on November 7. Could be anything, brakes, suspension, exhaust parts holding them up. Or, making way for E-Ray builds, maybe? They do seem to want to push the "enviromentally friendly" version out.
I guess more options you select, longer the waiting may be. I’ll keep waiting.

I guess more options you select, longer the waiting may be. I’ll keep waiting.
Mine was delayed a few days by an aluminum castings shortage at the Bedford, IN facility. Was supposed to be built on the Friday, week before it's actual build date. I can see the Coca Cola and Pepsi logos on my lower control arms. ;)
At the prices we're paying, waiting for exactly what you want is what I did.

At least you are waiting through winter months. Mine arrived in early January and I had to stare at it for a little more than four months before I could drive it.
Mine showed up 3 weeks ago, and I've managed to put just over 800 miles on it.
Winter has been kind so far, but it seems to be changing course towards "park it, for now".

Reactions: CWO
Winter has been kind so far, but it seems to be changing course towards "park it, for now".
At least you are waiting through winter months. Mine arrived in early January and I had to stare at it for a little more than four months before I could drive it.
On my side, receiving it in winter I coud not even drive it into my garage. I live by a river down hill by 700 feets on the main road. Just hope not to get it in September 24 instead as plan originally in February 24. Cross my fingers.

Mine showed up November 3 and have only managed 500 kms but that is way more than I thought would be possible. Nice that we could be snow free until December. The 800 km break in will now have to wait until spring. :(

Mine showed up November 3 and have only managed 500 kms but that is way more than I thought would be possible. Nice that we could be snow free until December. The 800 km break in will now have to wait until spring. :(
Perhaps my schedule is a bit more flexible than yours. Retired, and tired. All the time....... ;)
The 500 mile break-in went by pretty fast, figuratively and literally. :)

Perhaps my schedule is a bit more flexible than yours. Retired, and tired. All the time....... ;)
The 500 mile break-in went by pretty fast, figuratively and literally. :)
To borrow a saying from mothers,
The worst pain you'll have in Corvette life, but the easiest to forget.
Both waiting for your car and the 804.6 KM break-in period.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.