Feb 27, 2024
VetteCoins
I just returned from our Chev dealer this morning and was told by the service advisor I was speaking with that 23/24 C8's now have been programmed to have the DCT life monitor come on as the vehicle approached 1000 kms for a not covered $$ by GM fluid change? Further, I was cautioned to ignore it would "risk" ones warranty. Told them I don't believe it, haven't heard anything about the indicator coming on this soon on here or from R. Conti/Chuck & it is NOT April Fool's.
Has anyone else been told to expect this?

I just returned from our Chev dealer this morning and was told by the service advisor I was speaking with that 23/24 C8's now have been programmed to have the DCT life monitor come on as the vehicle approached 1000 kms for a not covered $$ by GM fluid change? Further, I was cautioned to ignore it would "risk" ones warranty. Told them I don't believe it, haven't heard anything about the indicator coming on this soon on here or from R. Conti/Chuck & it is NOT April Fool's.
Has anyone else been told to expect this?
B.S.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
The service individual shared how they just did a tranny flush or drain (my sense was they didn't quite understand the difference between the two) on a customer car last week with less than 800 kms because the indicator monitor came on. We have all seen where Conti apologizes for the misrepresentations some customers receive at the hands of there local chev service advisor.

800 kms is the break in limit. Changing any fluids at this point is absurd! Your dealer doesn't have a clue!
Anyway, check the manual and go by it. If they insist, ask them to prove it by showing you where it is written. It would be in a bulletin.

Reactions: Bunny hop
5 years into the C8 and most dealers still can't give accurate information

Stop with the Conti references , he's a clown and often gives inaccurate info like installing brake cooling ducts on Z51 at PDI, the largest USA forum has banned him.

Youtubers aren't the best place to get your info, owners manual and this forum are golden

Last edited:
5 years into the C8 and most dealers still can't give accurate information

Stop with the Conti references , he's a clown and often gives inaccurate info like installing brake cooling ducts on Z51 at PDI, the largest USA forum has banned him.

Youtubers aren't the best place to get your info, owners manual and this forum are golden
Only the fronts get installed, NOT THE REARS. My PointOfSale dealer did all of them, then removed them all, when advised of their initial mistake.
I do despair.