Nov 9, 2020
Thunder Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2LT, E63AMG
Province
ON
Just a reminder to 2020/21 C8 owners to get your DCT fluid changed regardless of what the life monitor says. GM wants it changed every 3 years. Your dealer/service department may not know- mine didn’t and tried to talk me out of it until I showed him the manual. (I do appreciate that he was trying to save me money,though) And the DCT filter needs to be changed at 12000kms

Just a reminder to 2020/21 C8 owners to get your DCT fluid changed regardless of what the life monitor says. GM wants it changed every 3 years. Your dealer/service department may not know- mine didn’t and tried to talk me out of it until I showed him the manual. (I do appreciate that he was trying to save me money,though) And the DCT filter needs to be changed at 12000kms
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was under the impression that they don't flush the DCT fluid, they just change it. Or did you mean the flush procedure when changing the DCT filter?
It's just a drain and fill, not any kind of pressurized flush. But most people call replacing the fluid a "flush." Problem is the drain and fill doesn't really replace all the fluid. Reports are that it takes only about 9.5 liters to refill the DCT, whereas the full capacity is 11.5. So we're leaving about 2 liters of old fluid in the DCT.

It's just a drain and fill, not any kind of pressurized flush. But most people call replacing the fluid a "flush." Problem is the drain and fill doesn't really replace all the fluid. Reports are that it takes only about 9.5 liters to refill the DCT, whereas the full capacity is 11.5. So we're leaving about 2 liters of old fluid in the DCT.
I’m sure you are correct- I was just stating what the service guy told me. I really don’t know and so need to rely on folks who know these things, or atleast can do them properly!

From what I understand the flush procedure is when the GM Tech hooks up a laptop to the OBD Port and they run a bunch of valve movements from with the transmission. At least that is what I have seen on other forums.
Yes, but there's confusion over the "hydraulic system flush" that you refer to, and the DCT fluid change. The flush is done as the first stop of the DCT filter change, which is completely independent of the 3 year / 45K DCT oil change, which is just a drain and fill.

Yes, but there's confusion over the "hydraulic system flush" that you refer to, and the DCT fluid change. The flush is done as the first stop of the DCT filter change, which is completely independent of the 3 year / 45K DCT oil change, which is just a drain and fill.
Very interesting. I will ask my mechanic. Thanks for the information

Very interesting. I will ask my mechanic. Thanks for the information

Here's the service manual process for the DCT filter change. Notice Step 1.

fetch

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.