Wlgj, do you know how many he's had so far this year? Some dealers have been told by district managers how many cars they will be getting this "year". This year however, includes 2022 and 2023 models. Canadian dealer
allocations are down this year and many dealers got nothing from November to March. The top 3 dealers only got 3 allocations each to close out this model years ordering cycle and they're not happy either.
Alberta didn't work out for me. My sister lives in Calgary and I tried to get on a list using her address and the dealer didn't want to sell to me. (I also don't like the fact that historically it takes weeks longer to ship the cars out to western Canada than it takes to drive the car straight to me in Ontario in about 10 hours non-stop).
Some dealers got a final 2022 allocation today. I would call your dealer in the morning and ask if they got an allocation Thursday. You said your number 2, maybe your 1 now and will get the first 2023 allocation!
Find out how many allocations they have so far this year, if they got one this week and if they've been told how many they will receive this year? We can probably answer your question fairly accurately if you can get us this information. What are you wanting to order, is a 70th anniversary in the cards for you? The timing is sounding good to be honest. Are you also on a Z06 list?
Going to address Canada's allocation predictions I have been reading. The 2022 production will not be more than 2021. It's going to finish around 25,500 cars. Looking back:
2020 production 20,368 cars, Canada 1490 = 7.3%
2021 production 26,216 cars, Canada 1889 = 7.2%
2022 production approx. 25,500 cars, currently on a pace to send 1647 cars to Canada =6.46%
GM Canada sales were down 23% in the 3rd quarter of 2021 (2022 production started Sept 8th)
Corvette sales were down 12.79% in the 4th quarter of 2021 and only 375 cars came to Canada.
I will address why are allocations are down in another thread.
2022 production approx. 25,500 cars, currently on a pace to send 1647 cars to Canada =6.46%

Where did you get those numbers?

Where did you get those numbers?
Denis, from 2022 published data model year to date by the factory, GM Corporate and GM Canada.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
3/17
19,237 > 19,421 = 185

1647613231923.png

Has anybody heard , if we are going to have to order a Z51 to get a C8 , for 2023? My order is not Z51 but I do have a bunch of options on it.
No idea why they did that to begin with. It might have been a surplus of Z51 components. If that is why I'd expect that to clear up soon if not already.

• Love
Reactions: Bunny hop
Those that get cars 3-5 months are counting from order accepted to delivery not from getting on the list to delivery
You are correct. I was 3.5 months from order acceptance to delivery but 17 months from initial deposit. Well worth the wait though. I really enjoyed our last two Vettes but the C8 is such a HUGE step forward!!

Reactions: Bunny hop
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.