No, I don't believe so. The Canadian and American vehicles are essentially the same. Perhaps the right hand drive vehicles are built in batches, but I'm not sure.
I agree and don't forget Mexico. That's why I say "Off continent cars". The North American cars are made intermixed.

1476 > 1639 = 164

1632401059952.png

Reactions: pozi240
They hit 95 cars yesterday. If that keeps up we could see something like this in the future

View attachment 41144
I put my order in, on February 19th 2020 and I am still waiting for my torch red , convertible, C8 / 2lt, adrenaline red interior with black wheels , performance exhaust red calipers and Jake hood logo. My dealer told me I am third in line , now . I was promised a 2021 but with all these delays, chips , covid etc. I figure next spring. The problem is 91% are sold in the USA , which leaves us out in the cold.

I put my order in, on February 19th 2020 and I am still waiting for my torch red , convertible, C8 / 2lt, adrenaline red interior with black wheels , performance exhaust red calipers and Jake hood logo. My dealer told me I am third in line , now . I was promised a 2021 but with all these delays, chips , covid etc. I figure next spring. The problem is 91% are sold in the USA , which leaves us out in the cold.
I disagree with your theory, you just picked the wrong dealer, easy to blame the pandemic but either your dealer is small with very few allocations or you're way down their list. I hope they're being transparent with you because you should easily have a C8 by now from most reputable dealers

I wouldn't call it being out in the cold. Your dealer is though, A small allocation dealer just has to wait. They don't sell enough Corvettes to get any allocations.
GM doesn't really care who they sell to as long as they sell high volume. The 3 big Canadian dealers get about 30% of the Canadian cars. Then there is the mid range dealers and small dealers get the dregs.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
I wouldn't call it being out in the cold. Your dealer is though, A small allocation dealer just has to wait. They don't sell enough Corvettes to get any allocations.
GM doesn't really care who they sell to as long as they sell high volume. The 3 big Canadian dealers get about 30% of the Canadian cars. Then there is the mid range dealers and small dealers get the dregs.
By what I was told , he would sell 7 a year. When I put in my order, I was 14th. So I should of gotten a 2021, but as I said , I did not. It s ok though, I bought a 2016, 3lt, Z51, convertible in May 2021 , while I wait. It had only 8300 kms ! The woman who owned it, used it on Sundays , when the weather was nice. She also owned a Cadillac xtc 5, I think it was. I am very excited , about this C8. I cannot wait to take it to the track and quarter mile it. Too bad we still cannot tune them. Hope one day GM offers up a tuning , even if, they do not want after market programs.

I disagree with your theory, you just picked the wrong dealer, easy to blame the pandemic but either your dealer is small with very few allocations or you're way down their list. I hope they're being transparent with you because you should easily have a C8 by now from most reputable dealers
I am third on the list now. This dealer is honest. The only one who would sell for msrp. Other dealers list , I would be moved back and they would mark up the price by 5 gs or way more. I started 14th .

I am third on the list now. This dealer is honest. The only one who would sell for msrp. Other dealers list , I would be moved back and they would mark up the price by 5 gs or way more. I started 14th .
Well, certainly the pandemic shortened his list. In Feb of 2020 he might well have expected 7, but not in May of 2020. So if 14th at that time with attrition you might have received a 2021, but that is the only way. The chip shortage has not affected the C8 btw. Mostly DCT shortages have slowed production.

Depends on the dealer. I went on the waiting list in March of this year. Got an allocation mid August and it is scheduled to be built Tuesday next week. I know I got lucky finding a dealer with nobody waiting on a 22 at that time but you need to check your spot against the dealers yearly allocations and go from there.

Well, certainly the pandemic shortened his list. In Feb of 2020 he might well have expected 7, but not in May of 2020. So if 14th at that time with attrition you might have received a 2021, but that is the only way. The chip shortage has not affected the C8 btw. Mostly DCT shortages have slowed production.
Some dropped out and others bought C7 or something else. This is my dream car. An HTC mid engine sports car with a quarter mile time of very low 11 seconds and with drag radials, only , some have gone to 10.95 Wow! I just hope I get it by May 2022. In Quebec most people buy cars to go from point a, to point b. We are not a big market for Vettes and sports cars. So my 2016, 3lt, Z51 will be for sale by March , with less than 15000 kms.

Depends on the dealer. I went on the waiting list in March of this year. Got an allocation mid August and it is scheduled to be built Tuesday next week. I know I got lucky finding a dealer with nobody waiting on a 22 at that time but you need to check your spot against the dealers yearly allocations and go from there.
Wow , you are blessed. I will have waited over 2 years. Quebec is not a priority for GM. Dealers told me that. They know they buy mostly Korean or Japanese cars. I call him regularly and I keep track of my status. I trust him , he has refused little brown envelopes , because as he says , I won t lose my good name or this dealers for a quick cash payment and then be called a ... I bought a 2016 convertible, 3lt, Z51 with only 8300 kms , while I wait. I love this car but I want my C8. Man you are lucky. What did you order exactly? Where do you live , to have found a dealer with no waiting list. I will move there. ;) Ok just saw where you live. Still, nobody ahead of you , wow !

. Quebec is not a priority for GM. Dealers told me that.
If you rephrase to "Quebec is not a big market for Corvettes" I might agree, GM has only one priority and that is to sell cars. That's it. They care not where in reality. Volume is all they care about. If your dealers tell you GM doesn't like Quebec, then they are fools.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27 and MY21C8
If you rephrase to "Quebec is not a big market for Corvettes" I might agree, GM has only one priority and that is to sell cars. That's it. They care not where in reality. Volume is all they care about. If your dealers tell you GM doesn't like Quebec, then they are fools.
“GM has only one priority and that is to sell cars. That's it.” That’s what I’ve been saying for a long time!

Well you're talking to a guy who is from Quebec and there is no way in heck I was putting a deposit with ANY Quebec dealer down here, they are all just too small compared to the bigger ones in ON. Case in point, I walked into a dealer close to my house (Brossard for the Quebec guys), the sales guy at the front did not even care I walked inside, was more interested in catering to the couple who were probably interested in an SUV. I asked him to see some C8's, he looked annoyed, like I was wasting his time. Finally he took me upstairs to the locked area, where a whopping 4 cars were being stored over the winter (Q4/Q1 deliveries). Yeah, so figured if these are the cars they are storing over the winter for those who cannot drive them out, then that means an average of maybe 1 car per month. Asked him how I would go about ordering a C8, he said go the the GM site to price it out, and then come to see them with a cheque. Mumbled something about 25 people on their list (this was back in April 2021).

If I showed you how big, new, and modern this dealer was (2 huge floors), could probably make 2 dealerships out of that building !!! Yet, half the building was empty, the service was crap and the allocations looked to be piss poor. Walked out and placed my deposit in ON instead. Worth every KM of the drive. Two buddies of mine have deposits with dealers here, anxious to see how long it will take them to get a car, figuring a solid 2 years !! Guessing the Quebec dealers are probably 6-12 cars a year, maybe there is one big one out there somewhere that might see 24 a year in the big city. The ON dealers are getting 60-120 a year, big difference. Sure their lists are longer but the odds of landing a car within 1 year or less is much higher !!

Last edited:
When GM were closing down plants a while back, they picked the Quebec one , because even the workers , were driving anything but GM cars and that is why Quebec is not an important market for GM. Not saying they do not care but we are not as important as the rest of North America , let s say.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.