My friend was over the morning for an oil change so I grabbed a photo of our two cars. His is 2002 and mines the 2006. Sad part he's off to CA for a month and I'm not.
March%204%20001_zpspb5yk75r.jpg

I Have done a few mods to the back end of mine, Led tail lights, spoiler and stainless cover plate for the exhaust

March%204%20004_zpsmxkpnym4.jpg

Rob

AH HA ,despite 100 inches of snow the car and I went about 20 miles round trip for breakfast .It was 17 degrees and no melting ,roads we're clear except sand/dust and salt dust .I'm about two weeks from getting a hose out but she will wash up fine just like my Fords :D

Back into the garage for hibernation although I may take the wheels off and super clean those and wax several coats .

Just so glad I got out before the bikers .

Good for you Stephen -- glad to hear you made it out -- and in style too.

Now all we have to do is pray that we get a reasonably slow melt with no big downpours this spring.
I know here in the Grand Valley watershed where I live we're expecting some flooding dependent on how quickly all this sh*t melts and how much rain we get.

I bet it felt good to get behind the wheel. I just started my C6 yesterday and ran it for 15 minutes.....and even that felt good.:D

Cheers
Colin.

Just thought I would drag up an old thread that asks the question how things are in your neighbourhood.

I really dislike this time of the year when we get mild temperatures and freezing rain. Lots of downed trees last night and everything is like a skating rink, hard on us old guys, we could break a hip.:Biggrin:

These shots are from the front deck looking at an ice fishing shack. A snowmobiler went by and was throwing up a huge rooster tail, it looked like a jet boat. Man if you are out on the ice be careful. We had a young guy drown last weekend snowmobiling, three machines went through the ice. The young fellow got his boot stuck on the machine. He needed six inches to reach the surface. He did not survive.

DA4qWqjl.jpg

fWIwRRFl.jpg

That is sad news. really sad news.

I sort of feel odd in the same reply to say that those are great pictures of the ice!

Speaking of the warmer temperatures and ice, we had a good lot of snow then last week it warmed up enough to rain overnight with snow in the morning and you are right! It was just like a skating rink.....we'll actually worse with all the sloped sidewalks and stuff. However, my bike made it to work just fine that morning as I ride with studded tires....but man, slippery!!!

always sad to hear of tragedy Murray.

Been pretty nice here.... Unlike some of you Upper Canada guys, we aren't taking the cars out but it did hit an unbelievable 14 here last week... gotta love those Chinooks.... since then has stayed right around the 0 mark during the days which is pretty spanky nice for us as well....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread