Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Minus 5 in Haliburton, Ontario this morning. High winds making it feel much colder. Lots of snow yesterday, lots of blowing snow this morning.

Schools closed. Wood stove blazing away and I am just going to have a cappuccino, anyone else want one? Carry in a few logs for me when you get here. :D

A balmy +5 here this morning Murray. Going to take the Vette for a spin up to Campbell River to visit the hobby shop. We've had seven or eight days of beautiful sunny weather but it ends tomorrow, more rain on the way. This is the last trip for the Vette, so I'll clean it up and put it to bed for the winter when I get home!! Hurry up spring!!!
Rob

-1 in Edmonton

next two week forecast looks nice, the little snow we got might be gone.

Last week was cold, sucked.

two weeks of ok weather will shorten the winter. Only 4 months now till the first day of spring, 2 weeks of decent weather shortens that to 3.5 months.

:)

Brian

Minus 5 in Haliburton, Ontario this morning. High winds making it feel much colder. Lots of snow yesterday, lots of blowing snow this morning.

Schools closed. Wood stove blazing away and I am just going to have a cappuccino, anyone else want one? Carry in a few logs for me when you get here. :D

sure

my last place had a wood fireplace. Now only have a gas fireplace.

Prefer the wood version.

B

Up here North of Canada it was so cold that I had to jump start a polar bear .Walked 30 miles south just to warm up at the North Pole .My fellow Elves where all next to the big fireplace and pretty much chit faced .Santa will be whippin our azzes into shape in another week or so .

Smarty Pants Islanders

+5 here this morning Murray. Going to take the Vette for a spin up to Campbell River.
We could learn to hate you guys, or even worse, drive out there and move in with you for the winter. It was
16F here this morning and a wicked wind to boot. Last Tuesday it was mid fifties for the Remembrance Day
service. Now this. Come on spring.

Last edited:

Much the same here Murray -- a little blast of winter. The 'kids' didn't want to stay out too long in it. Their fur coats just don't cut it in that nasty wind.

Stay warm my friend -- counting the days until spring.

C.

Very similar to Edmonton here. Well, right now, -12 and windy, and last week was bloody cold, but not much snow at all yet and the next couple of weeks are pretty mild with negative single digit highs. Much better than last year so far!

.....nothing for snow but a trace here and there , cold ( -11 ) and very windy last couple of days. The sloughs lakes on the fields are frozen about 7" of ice now, perfect weather for freezing as no snow cover.

Well. Nice here again today..
I cut the lawn..!
Then I came up with enough(?) reasons(1) to go to the store.
Nice with the top/windows down.... Cold but survivable
It is supposed to start raining tomorrow so that may have be the last ride thus year. Club meeting tomorrow nite but it might be raining.
Insurance expires in a few days.
Graham

Last night I drove north on Highway 35 from Minden to our home. It was snowing so hard I could not see more than 20 to 30 feet in front. Just nasty. Way too early for this much snow. My next door neighbour drove from Toronto last night. He said it probably had been 30 years since he had driven in such conditions. He came upon a car stopped on Highway 48 with the four way flashers on. It was a woman who had simply given up and stopped, she was terrified. He convinced her to follow him at least to the next gas station and they crept along. He said at times, although the other car was no more that forty feet behind he could not see it. She bailed at Kirkfield and he continued on. It was a nasty night.

I feel really bad for the people in Buffalo and surrounding area. People have lost their lives and it will take a long time to clear up the mess when it does stop snowing. I heard they have six feet with two more on the way. Just unreal.

We had a friend in for supper and a visit last night. When it started to snow, we decided to get her home. There were a few times when we came to a stand still because we could see absolutely nothing. It took almost an hour to go 14 miles. We waited for about an hour. It had let up a little but it still took us 40 minutes to come back home. I have NEVER driven in anything like that. We got 6-8 inches of snow at our place in a space of about four hours. Not hard to imagine what kept me busy today. :D

Winter in Northern Alberta

Good evening,

It started when i was talking my son to his mom's last night. About 8 km away visability just dropped off to nothing. On the way home the required quad cab 4 x 4 in the ditch (these guys get cocky and over-drive for conditions). My usual 35 minute trip home took an hour. Blowing, drifting, whiteout conditions, perhaps the worse I've driven in in a decade.

-14 but nice and calm this morning.

This morning my snow shovel blade broke in two as I was cleaning the deck and sidewalk. I wanted to clean the snow from around my car and then discovered that the engine on my snowblower, which has been inside a garage year-round for the past 4 years, is seized.............

One of those days...............

Cheers,

Garry

Christmas Eve brought really high winds and rain. Not much snow left this Christmas morning but there is lots of ice, very treacherous walking the beasties this morning.

Cold enough to start snowing now.

What is happening where you are? Hopefully somebody is sitting on a beach somewhere.

Merry Christmas to all.

High winds for sure Murray -- really upset my beasties, but also mind, lots of rain and no snow left anywhere.

Not nice for those wanting a traditional Christmas -- and altho a little colder here this weather is forecast to continue for the next 2 weeks

Be safe, stay warm and have a great Christmas.

Colin.

I'm sorry to say it is kinda nice here today gents.
If the Corvette was licensed I would have taken it to dinner last night and out for a run today!. Top down!!(coat on though)
Merry Christmas to everyone.
Graham

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread