One of my female friends was robbed of her groceries yesterday in the parking lot. Nice robbing a defenceless woman. She yelled for help but nobody would get involved. Has Canada really sunk this low? We had to go out today to Rexall to pick up my wife's heart medication or we wouldn't have left the house.
Pretty bad if we have to organize grocery squads.
Always some low life's waiting to take advantage of any situation. And if you touch them then they sue you for attacking them while they laugh their way through court on their assault charge.
What gets me is that there are lawyers who will defend them. Don't quite get the logic there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kerry4
A million volt taser?? The police tasers only have 50,000 volts. Yours will drop a tyrannosaurus. The US is selling rifles and ammo like it's going out of style. Bad guys are armed, good guys will follow with like, kind and quality. Let's hope things don't go that far.

Pretty bad if we have to organize grocery squads.
Always some low life's waiting to take advantage of any situation. And if you touch them then they sue you for attacking them while they laugh their way through court on their assault charge.
What gets me is that there are lawyers who will defend them. Don't quite get the logic there.

As with much in this world today, we should not criticize lawyers in general. It's the 99 percentile that are giving the rest a bad name.... :angelic:

• Haha
Reactions: 12cents
Day 3 of mandatory quarantine.... My latest observation does not sit well at the moment. Was out plowing the yard and lane yesterday when I saw a neighbour and his wife drive by in their blinding lime green Jeep. They just arrived back from 3 months in Arizona yesterday. Brenda was reading on facefull this morning that they were out visiting their grandchildren and several friends. Seems they voiced that Covid is just a big farce and this self isolating is total bull$hit....I'm hearing many stories of this with recent travelers ignoring the mandate.... Again one of my favorite and often used sayings come to mind.

"You can't fix stupid"

View attachment 37683

Yes, sitting in my house for the last 10 days or so has me completely frustrated how some pampered and self privileged people act with such callous disregard for the situation. These pricks should be charged and spend a couple of weeks in jail and then be forced to work in homeless shelters or aid centers for a month. (which I believe are coming)
JT and his minority government are holding off implementing more serious measures with the powers that come along with it. This would make that lime green Jeep idiots behavior immediately jailable, but I'm afraid JT doesn't have the stones to do it. It would cost him his job eventually and he knows it.
I, however, don't think we are far away from being forced to take these measures as the lime green moron and a woman getting robbed of her groceries is a clear sign there are people falling through the cracks already.
Social responsibility is not a right...It is a duty we all have to take seriously to prevent the government; we are all so quick to criticize, being forced to treat us like the selfish mindless sheep by engaging special powers that force us to comply...or else.

Sometimes it is embarrassing to see the news and how utterly selfish and stupid some of us can be. Eg: the idiots lined up at the weed store in YVR the other day. Real tough times for them huh... and yesterday a huge jump in cases there.

At least here in Thailand, people are following the rules and the situation seems to be under control. (The ones on the news not following are the "Farangs" who still think they are on a vacation here. White morons...like lime jeep clown)
OK I have ranted enough. Time to fire up the BBQ and have the first "quarantine" Jack Daniels of the day.

Last edited:
A1CC1D4F-EF7D-45E1-B231-16FC0B82786D.jpeg

As Henry Thoreau once said:
The government that governs the best is the government that governs the least

Problem is that that statement implies that the populace will be able to use common sense and do what is logical/right.
The idiots are coming out of the woodwork now. Green jeep. woman getting robbed and here in QC one woman getting arrested because she broke quarantine (not self-isolation but actual quarantine)
In that scenario the government(s) is/are forced to enact stricter norms to contain them to the unfortunate detriment of the majority of the population. As the saying goes There is a rotten apple in every barrel

It seems most of us are on the same page here, it I must tell you what had transpired on that other forum, south of the border. A guy on there posted a thread about “the sky is falling”. He goes on to say that this is a huge stupid overreaction to this situation and gave some of his opinions on why that is, so I got into it with him a bit. I had read earlier yesterday an article from an expert in the field of virology quoted saying “this is the tip of the iceberg”. It was a very interesting article with good insight into this pandemic. Here is the link, if it works The Tip of the Iceberg: Virologist David Ho (BS '74) Speaks About COVID-19
Im sure this idiot didn’t read the article, and started spouting his big mouth against anyone that would rather listen to facts provided by an expert than some idiot on an Internet forum. I asked him why the experts would want to screw up the economy, shutting down much of the country...he suggested that they want to get rid of Trump. OMG, the conspiracy theorists are unreasonable.
It seems that yet again, Canada is the place for rational conversations.
Thanks For being the rational folks yet again guys.
Stay safe and healthy.

It seems most of us are on the same page here, it I must tell you what had transpired on that other forum, south of the border. A guy on there posted a thread about “the sky is falling”. He goes on to say that this is a huge stupid overreaction to this situation and gave some of his opinions on why that is, so I got into it with him a bit. I had read earlier yesterday an article from an expert in the field of virology quoted saying “this is the tip of the iceberg”. It was a very interesting article with good insight into this pandemic. Here is the link, if it works The Tip of the Iceberg: Virologist David Ho (BS '74) Speaks About COVID-19
Im sure this idiot didn’t read the article, and started spouting his big mouth against anyone that would rather listen to facts provided by an expert than some idiot on an Internet forum. I asked him why the experts would want to screw up the economy, shutting down much of the country...he suggested that they want to get rid of Trump. OMG, the conspiracy theorists are unreasonable.
Stay safe and healthy.
Trust but verify....

When this virus issue resolves itself, it will be interesting to see how quickly the restrictions on our daily life are removed. That will, in and of itself, speak to motivations.

Two thoughts

The need for blood and blood products is greater than ever. Find out what you need to do to keep yourself safe and continue to share with folks who need your generosity.

Went to a Loblaws at the old Maple Gardens yesterday to do some shopping. I felt so sorry for the cashier, she was on the verge of tears. Asked if she was alright, said she felt terrified but knew she had to be there. THANK these people who are exposing themselves to help us all.

Stay safe and healthy.
They are straight up idiots if they do not think this is serious. I still hope that they do not infect anyone or get infected themselves and that as a community that NOBODY have to go through any loss

Stay Safe Kevin

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
As Henry Thoreau once said:
The government that governs the best is the government that governs the least

Problem is that that statement implies that the populace will be able to use common sense and do what is logical/right.
The idiots are coming out of the woodwork now. Green jeep. woman getting robbed and here in QC one woman getting arrested because she broke quarantine (not self-isolation but actual quarantine)
In that scenario the government(s) is/are forced to enact stricter norms to contain them to the unfortunate detriment of the majority of the population. As the saying goes There is a rotten apple in every barrel

Agreed Richard, but the scenarios in which governments should be reacting have been with us for many years. Our law enforcement system fails miserably each and every day. It is not law enforcement at fault.Their hands are tied by government and a justice system that fails to enact punishment to the criminal element. There is no incentive for discontinuing criminal activities when a hand slap and release back on to the streets has become the norm.
Case in point (and I will try to make this as brief as possible)
Last year a truckload of garbage was dumped in my grain field access. Included was a letter from an individual jailed in the edmonton remand center to his gf. Another letter verifying his gf had been incarcerated for a period of time. A receipt from a pawn shop where she had pawned gold jewelry (including her phone number and address).Upon calling our RCMP detachment and giving them both persons names, explaining the letters, etc. I was told that they weren't interested and to call my local county bylaw dept. Nothing was done which didn't surprise me but then I heard on the news that the fellow who had been in remand (I remembered his name) was arrested a few weeks later for robbing a local corner store and he was known to the RCMP and had 7 outstanding warrants for his arrest. I thought... woohoo... what goes around comes around.... Now for the Whaaaaaa???? part..... Two months after that, there was a car jacking at one of or shopping malls where the perpetrator dragged the woman out of her car and took off... they caught him in a town a few miles away and lo and behold.... It was the same guy.... errrr.... Now run the clock ahead five more months... An assault and theft at a liquor store in Red Deer and after a chase, they arrested the culprit... Yup.... you guessed it... Same guy.... Suffice to say, that totally dissolved any faith I may have had in our justice system whatsoever. Someday, this repeat offender will rob someones house and find a gun. Then he will use it and possibly kill an innocent person and being the ever forgiving and polite Canadians we are, people will say "how did this happen"... I for one know now exactly how this happened.... There are many countries in the world that do not tolerate crime against people and their penalties are severe enough to adequately deter the criminal element. Perhaps we should consider revamping our thoughts on this as well... but then again... that's not the Canadian way...

There. My rant is over as well and I must apologize... Day 4 seems to be taking it's toll...lol... Where's my bourbon....:rofl:

Eric, incredible and disturbing story but not surprising. Damn.

The government wants to penalize legal gun owners but show incredible tolerance to hardened criminals who have been charged multiple times with gun crimes yet continue to get bail. Insane and coming to bite someone each and every day. Yet they turn a very blind judicial eye towards it because it does not fit their "narrative".

And to the poster who claimed to be "packing" you might want to think about deleting that post. Just saying.

I spent 12 years in law enforcement, as a volunteer. Saw way too many situations where guilt was a no brainer ... until the case got to court, This is where the wheels tend to fall off really quick. Could be a technical error or a bleeding heart judge, or a smart lawyer that twists the truth.
As to the gun debate. ... legally acquired guns are not the problem. Most guns are from the US, smuggled into Canada, used for illegal purposes. A hunting rifle can be made to look like a military rifle by changing the stock, adding a foregrip, paint it black or camo. No difference between the two, as both can cause the same result. The easiest avenue for government is to ban guns. This leaves criminals with guns, since they don't abide by legislation. How does banning guns reduce gun violence? I just don't see it.

Agreed Richard, but the scenarios in which governments should be reacting have been with us for many years. Our law enforcement system fails miserably each and every day. It is not law enforcement at fault.Their hands are tied by government and a justice system that fails to enact punishment to the criminal element. There is no incentive for discontinuing criminal activities when a hand slap and release back on to the streets has become the norm.
Case in point (and I will try to make this as brief as possible)
Last year a truckload of garbage was dumped in my grain field access. Included was a letter from an individual jailed in the edmonton remand center to his gf. Another letter verifying his gf had been incarcerated for a period of time. A receipt from a pawn shop where she had pawned gold jewelry (including her phone number and address).Upon calling our RCMP detachment and giving them both persons names, explaining the letters, etc. I was told that they weren't interested and to call my local county bylaw dept. Nothing was done which didn't surprise me but then I heard on the news that the fellow who had been in remand (I remembered his name) was arrested a few weeks later for robbing a local corner store and he was known to the RCMP and had 7 outstanding warrants for his arrest. I thought... woohoo... what goes around comes around.... Now for the Whaaaaaa???? part..... Two months after that, there was a car jacking at one of or shopping malls where the perpetrator dragged the woman out of her car and took off... they caught him in a town a few miles away and lo and behold.... It was the same guy.... errrr.... Now run the clock ahead five more months... An assault and theft at a liquor store in Red Deer and after a chase, they arrested the culprit... Yup.... you guessed it... Same guy.... Suffice to say, that totally dissolved any faith I may have had in our justice system whatsoever. Someday, this repeat offender will rob someones house and find a gun. Then he will use it and possibly kill an innocent person and being the ever forgiving and polite Canadians we are, people will say "how did this happen"... I for one know now exactly how this happened.... There are many countries in the world that do not tolerate crime against people and their penalties are severe enough to adequately deter the criminal element. Perhaps we should consider revamping our thoughts on this as well... but then again... that's not the Canadian way...

There. My rant is over as well and I must apologize... Day 4 seems to be taking it's toll...lol... Where's my bourbon....:rofl:
Get online and order some weed oil!

Bit more food for thought on our fave topic.

Until we have an effective anti-viral vaccine (which is a year away at least, maybe never if there's no incentive for pharma to gouge the public - see SARS) perhaps as part of the flu vax regimen or an effective way to treat symptoms this virus may never be eradicated and may become a seasonal endemic affair that comes in waves to visit us every year.

Will take a while for consumer confidence to make a come back.

Reactions: ddgermann and tyho
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread