Me either. China is all about getting money from us. Anyway they can. No wonder they are the biggest distributer of Opiates in the world that kills hundreds of people a day.
Anyone who is in business, or really just even working for someone else, is about getting money from someone else - your employer, your customer, etc.. Just hopefully it is for a commensurate service that you are offering. After all every country wants to sell their mined/manufactured/service goods to someone else.
The US has been one of the largest industrialized nations for quite some time. They didn't do it by selling things to themselves. US expertise was of high value until they started to offshore that expertise. We used to say "JAP CRAP" back in the sixties for all the plastic junk coming out of Japan at the time. They learned fast and now their products are some of the most sought after for its quality. But even they surcumbed to manufacturing pressure and off shored to China and S. Korean. China has a ways to go but they are fast learners. We can debate how much they have "learned" versus "stole" on the industrial side but that is irrelevant now.
Calling the Covid-19 virus a Chinese virus will do nothing to help people work together to control it. Hopefully one day we might realize that there is only one world but it takes just one idiot to push a button to end our (human) epoch on it. The world will still be here, we just won't be able to drive our Corvettes.

Anyone who is in business, or really just even working for someone else, is about getting money from someone else - your employer, your customer, etc.. Just hopefully it is for a commensurate service that you are offering. After all every country wants to sell their mined/manufactured/service goods to someone else.
The US has been one of the largest industrialized nations for quite some time. They didn't do it by selling things to themselves. US expertise was of high value until they started to offshore that expertise. We used to say "JAP CRAP" back in the sixties for all the plastic junk coming out of Japan at the time. They learned fast and now their products are some of the most sought after for its quality. But even they surcumbed to manufacturing pressure and off shored to China and S. Korean. China has a ways to go but they are fast learners. We can debate how much they have "learned" versus "stole" on the industrial side but that is irrelevant now.
Calling the Covid-19 virus a Chinese virus will do nothing to help people work together to control it. Hopefully one day we might realize that there is only one world but it takes just one idiot to push a button to end our (human) epoch on it. The world will still be here, we just won't be able to drive our Corvettes.
It is a Chinese virus.That is where it originated. Downplaying where it started would then suggest that when performing any investigation, you wouldnt start in China. Where else would you start your investigation? Remember all of these started in the region to which they were named. Spanish flu. Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). Ebola. Dengje Fever. I could add others.

China started this either deliberately or abetted its viability by their deliberate non-action and cover ups. China needs to be held accountable and the first step to that is to wear their irresponsible global behaviour around their neck, by at least giving them credit for the fecal storm of biblical proportion that they have put upon the world.

Reactions: NW-99SS
It is a Chinese virus.That is where it originated. Downplaying where it started would then suggest that when performing any investigation, you wouldnt start in China. Where else would you start your investigation? Remember all of these started in the region to which they were named. Spanish flu. Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). Ebola. Dengje Fever. I could add others.

China started this either deliberately or abetted its viability by their deliberate non-action and cover ups. China needs to be held accountable and the first step to that is to wear their irresponsible global behaviour around their neck, by at least giving them credit for the fecal storm of biblical proportion that they have put upon the world.
We are getting a bit off track here about nomenclature. Irrelevant about where it originated but very relevant as to preventing more from becoming virulent in which case the world needs to work with China to make sure it doesn't happen again.. No one is disputing it originated in China and except for one idiot in China just about everyone concurs.
One of the first things Canadian epidemiologists did when this Corona Virus started was to call their Chinese colleagues to offer help. Not to tell them they were stupid for letting it happen.
If I see someone with a flat on the side of the road I won't ask them what they did that for but rather see what I could do to help.
As to Spanish Flu:
Why Was It Called the 'Spanish Flu?'
The 1918 influenza pandemic did not, as many people believed, originate in Spain.

I''ll leave it at that

Day 3 of mandatory quarantine.... My latest observation does not sit well at the moment. Was out plowing the yard and lane yesterday when I saw a neighbour and his wife drive by in their blinding lime green Jeep. They just arrived back from 3 months in Arizona yesterday. Brenda was reading on facefull this morning that they were out visiting their grandchildren and several friends. Seems they voiced that Covid is just a big farce and this self isolating is total bull$hit....I'm hearing many stories of this with recent travelers ignoring the mandate.... Again one of my favorite and often used sayings come to mind.

"You can't fix stupid"

1584806205139.png

Day 3 of mandatory quarantine.... My latest observation does not sit well at the moment. Was out plowing the yard and lane yesterday when I saw a neighbour and his wife drive by in their blinding lime green Jeep. They just arrived back from 3 months in Arizona yesterday. Brenda was reading on facefull this morning that they were out visiting their grandchildren and several friends. Seems they voiced that Covid is just a big farce and this self isolating is total bull$hit....I'm hearing many stories of this with recent travelers ignoring the mandate.... Again one of my favorite and often used sayings come to mind.

"You can't fix stupid"

View attachment 37683
It is people like them who are going to make this a long draw out affair.
Same thing happened in Montreal. A person went to a wedding and reception and at least four more are infected (confirmed) and they are trying to trace everyone else.

They must be Trump fans.

I wouldn’t have Obsessive Corvette Disorder (OCD) by buying a Mazda, Toyota, Porsche, whatnot. Calling it what it is. Giving it an “ownership” and “source” - not demeaning at all.
Chinese Food, Mexican Food, Italian Food.
There’s other flus out there right now. If i told someone i was sick with the flu right now ... its obvious what would be first thought. Very obvious.

... btw ... i’m fine 🙂... except for the OCD

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
I wouldn’t have Obsessive Corvette Disorder (OCD) by buying a Mazda, Toyota, Porsche, whatnot. Calling it what it is. Giving it an “ownership” and “source”.
Chinese Food, Mexican Food, Italian Food.
There’s other flus out there right now. If i told someone i was sick with the flu right now ... its obvious what would be first thought. Very obvious.

... btw ... i’m fine 🙂... except for the OCD
We are probably all sick, except B.C., with OCD
I am getting worried I will not be able to go to my favorite DQ this coming May 1st

The "It won't happen to me" theory is still alive and well and it's hard to believe people refuse to do their part.
Stay at home as much as possible and stay away from family and friends until its controlled.
We have 3 grandchildren next door and we keep our distance. We wave to them as they walk by and talk on the phone.
Nobody said it would be easy and blaming China is not the answer. We need help dealing with this, not blame.
Stay at home or go for walks or drives. Its still possible to enjoy some of the simple pleasures in life without getting too
close to the "unknow"
Stay safe all so we can enjoy the pleasure that our cars can bring to us.
We have done more local travelling in Alberta with the CCF group than we would do on our own. A great group of people to be with.
If the "others" out there would realize that they can accidently contact and pass on this deadly virus, please stop.

Last edited:
I have always been a skeptic when it comes to politicians but I honestly believe the government is hiding things from us that they don't want us to know. We have had different and bad flu viruses before and they never went to this extreme measures. Plus why would Skippy be hiding under his bed when he has no symptoms? Ford and Trump and others are still out there working.
Of
I wear my wife's thong underwear for a mask
Oh there is a joke there but I'm not going there hahahahahha thanks for the set up :)

I have always been a skeptic when it comes to politicians but I honestly believe the government is hiding things from us that they don't want us to know. We have had different and bad flu viruses before and they never went to this extreme measures. Plus why would Skippy be hiding under his bed when he has no symptoms? Ford and Trump and others are still out there working.

Isn't it obvious? He's not hiding under his bed. He's looking for his wife's thong.... :Biggrin:

Watch the Netflix doc-series and extract from it what you will...what I could offer you in being with a first responder specialty team is that even as a frontline worker we do not tell people anything as to keep control or a scene and its not to be pricks its to keep the public relaxed and feeling safe. I think what we are seeing here is that the secret can no longer be kept in secrecy and we need the help of the people everywhere to contain and to restrict spread of this. Look over at Italy not a 3rd world country at all and see what they are going through there.

You can see how serious this is by the ramp up of manufacturing of industry to needed things for this that have not been seen since WWII where everyone was all in to protect all everywhere.

Take care of each other and be vigilant.

Kevin

I blame the politicians for the sh... storm we are in. Whether it's the Chinese politicians for discrediting the doctor that gave the warning, to "our" western politicians that said everything is under control and "we" have a handle on it, the signs were all there. We will likely never know how it happened or who is responsible for this virus. The economy took priority and now it's the economy along with the people that will suffer. Friend of mine works in the biolab in one of the largest hospitals in Canada. Over a month ago he said this is spreading like a wildfire and the 14 day isolation needs to be 30 days because the virus has an incubation period of 14 days, afterwards the symptoms start to appear. Hope for the best, stay safe and healthy. We all need to support each other and do our part.

I can tell you one thing, people are walking on their new C8 purchases because of it. Aware of multiple people pulling out. One of my buddies walked on a chance to purchase one, as this went from nothing , to....total disruption. Affected his business in blink when the border lock down talk started.

Reactions: OttawaKev
I can tell you one thing, people are walking on their new C8 purchases because of it. Aware of multiple people pulling out. One of my buddies walked on a chance to purchase one, as this went from nothing , to....total disruption. Affected his business in blink when the border lock down talk started.
Were any at 3000 status on their orders with a deposit?

Reactions: kerry4
One of my female friends was robbed of her groceries yesterday in the parking lot. Nice robbing a defenceless woman. She yelled for help but nobody would get involved. Has Canada really sunk this low? We had to go out today to Rexall to pick up my wife's heart medication or we wouldn't have left the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread