Just did a national search on Kijiji. Shows 27 cars for sale from BC to Montreal basically.National search on Auto trader showed 24 some duplicates and some different cars from the Kijiji search. Some of the other 8 I was aware of have sold since Saturday.

The car nobody could get this year is more available than anybody could have imagined.

Reactions: OttawaKev
Alright everyone. I realize tensions are high and this is an off topic discussion but we will not condone talks of violence in any context.

I'll keep the thread open as it's important we all communicate how we feel and vent a little but keep in mind we do have some lines here on CCF that cannot be crossed.

Take care.

We are staying at a condo in Downtown Toronto. Nice place, huge by condo standards but still small. It is odd but the place creates stress and we think it is because of the lack of direct sunshine, the building is always in the shadow of another, perpetually dull. Don't think I could live in a building where all you can see is other buildings. So with boredom and perhaps a bit of depression tossed in we decided to use the safety of our truck to get some fresh air and sun.

Headed south to the Lake Shore in Toronto and driving east towards the area known as the Scarborough Bluffs on the shore of Lake Ontario. We were not alone. Lots of people out trying to get some fresh air and exercise. I think everyone here has a dog, they were out in force yesterday. People seemed to be practicing "social distancing" for the most part, everyone moving along and actually going out of their way to move around other people. Lots of folks wearing masks. Away from the popular spots along the lakeshore was a bit different, almost a surreal feeling of emptiness. The Danforth is a street known for its vitality, part of it known as "Greek Town" was empty. Buses moving with no one on them, very few cars out in this area. With the exception of a few fast food places with drive through most everything was closed. One odd exception was a bicycle shop open for business. A few gas stations open with 70.9 a litre fuel.

We needed some staples to do a little cooking so went into a Loblaws. No luck, one thing we needed was sugar, the shelves were empty. What is odd about that is that the Redpath Sugar Company is literally right across the street, massive place but apparently the supply chain does not go right across the street!! Needed to get some wine so went to the Ontario run liquor store known as the LCBO right next door. They were allowing limited access to the store and enforced spacing I managed to find what I wanted. Interestingly I saw a case of bourbon that was marked Rush/Urgent/Fragile to be shipped. Pretty sure it was Eric's address but could not be sure. :Biggrin:

These are tough times indeed and as Nik mentioned above some people are struggling with this and that would include me. So maybe it would help to share what you are doing and what is happening in your town. Stay safe all, look after your families and don't forget to thank those who are working to help us all. Truck drivers and stock boys, indeed just a couple of the hero groups out there doing their best.

We are staying at a condo in Downtown Toronto. Nice place, huge by condo standards but still small. It is odd but the place creates stress and we think it is because of the lack of direct sunshine, the building is always in the shadow of another, perpetually dull. Don't think I could live in a building where all you can see is other buildings. So with boredom and perhaps a bit of depression tossed in we decided to use the safety of our truck to get some fresh air and sun.

Headed south to the Lake Shore in Toronto and driving east towards the area known as the Scarborough Bluffs on the shore of Lake Ontario. We were not alone. Lots of people out trying to get some fresh air and exercise. I think everyone here has a dog, they were out in force yesterday. People seemed to be practicing "social distancing" for the most part, everyone moving along and actually going out of their way to move around other people. Lots of folks wearing masks. Away from the popular spots along the lakeshore was a bit different, almost a surreal feeling of emptiness. The Danforth is a street known for its vitality, part of it known as "Greek Town" was empty. Buses moving with no one on them, very few cars out in this area. With the exception of a few fast food places with drive through most everything was closed. One odd exception was a bicycle shop open for business. A few gas stations open with 70.9 a litre fuel.

We needed some staples to do a little cooking so went into a Loblaws. No luck, one thing we needed was sugar, the shelves were empty. What is odd about that is that the Redpath Sugar Company is literally right across the street, massive place but apparently the supply chain does not go right across the street!! Needed to get some wine so went to the Ontario run liquor store known as the LCBO right next door. They were allowing limited access to the store and enforced spacing I managed to find what I wanted. Interestingly I saw a case of bourbon that was marked Rush/Urgent/Fragile to be shipped. Pretty sure it was Eric's address but could not be sure. :Biggrin:

These are tough times indeed and as Nik mentioned above some people are struggling with this and that would include me. So maybe it would help to share what you are doing and what is happening in your town. Stay safe all, look after your families and don't forget to thank those who are working to help us all. Truck drivers and stock boys, indeed just a couple of the hero groups out there doing their best.
So we are self isolating like 90%. We only sneak out for grub or to take garbage to the landfill. The grocery store close by is open until midnight so we have been going for groceries at 11pm. Nobody is there.

I guess we are luckier than many as both my wife and I can work from home and I have 80 acres to isolate on. Played with the horses on Saturday. I have a mare who is really good at social distancing. Her ears flatten right out when your inside 6 feet. Horse people here will understand.

Yesterday, with the blessing of she who shall not be named, I turned the garage into an official man cave. I attached some pics.

Stay safe.

Attachments

• 63065BDC-C1EE-418F-B93B-110857F33F4A.jpeg
    63065BDC-C1EE-418F-B93B-110857F33F4A.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 31
  • E614ACC2-6876-4A66-8988-6F5A138B7F11.jpeg
    E614ACC2-6876-4A66-8988-6F5A138B7F11.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DCD5C2D5-6618-489E-831F-D3F88935B511.jpeg
    DCD5C2D5-6618-489E-831F-D3F88935B511.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 33
Nicely done 👆 👏

As many of you are aware I'm hunkered down in Thailand. No chance I will be going back to work in Indonesia anytime soon as the wheels are falling off there as well. 300 million there but the archipelago has something like 13,000 islands so it may be a bit easier to contain. Today I received notice that Singapore has shut its airport to all but locals and permanent residents. I transit through there on my way to work...well I did. Predictably my flights back have been canceled by Singapore Airlines today as well. Nice of Singapore Airlines to give me till March 30th to re-book to "meet my new schedule"...there goes $2000 down the crapper.
I was feeling pretty ok being here and only a bit frustrated not being home. But now I see on the news some brilliant minister from the fed gov here is publicly blaming this virus in Thailand on the "Dirty White Farangs". (That's me...except for the dirty part) I'm no doubt a lot cleaner than that douchebag fine gentleman. The news said this sentiment is gaining traction as expected with the city shutting down and many "entertainers" being forced to go back to the home village. Tourism is at pretty much 0 here now and the government is otherwise doing a pretty good job managing the outbreak here. The people here are generally really great. The weather is amazing 33ish everyday which makes it ok to be near the pool. I am in self-isolation after traveling through Singapore last week but took my bicycle out to the ATM today as I need a Jack Daniels delivery in the next couple of days.
It is very strange living in one of the busiest and exciting cities I have ever been in now with empty streets and no roaring hustle and bustle going on. I was almost alone riding my bicycle merrily down the wrong side of the street today. (well wrong side for Canada) Did my ATM stop...there was only a few around and they kept their distance. Rode back and used the whole road which normally would have made me a road pizza.
So that's what's new here. Not much really but It certainly is an uncertain time. Who knows when I will get back to Canada. I'm already paying to live here so it doesn't make much sense to try and buy yet another airline ticket then scramble back to Canada and pay more rent to go into quarantine again. All the plans are totally up in the air for the next 6 months at least.
So if all goes well I will be just fine here for the short to mid term... Jack Daniels does help.

Look after one and other. Damn I miss my Z06. I would love to try and hold onto that thing through 2nd and 3rd right now.
Peace, D

Small Edit: I am seriously hoping I won't need my Hummer when I get back. That would suck. (it's great to drive but only for fun)

Last edited:
Nicely done 👆 👏

As many of you are aware I'm hunkered down in Thailand. No chance I will be going back to work in Indonesia anytime soon as the wheels are falling off there as well. 300 million there but the archipelago has something like 13,000 islands so it may be a bit easier to contain. Today I received notice that Singapore has shut its airport to all but locals and permanent residents. I transit through there on my way to work...well I did. Predictably my flights back have been canceled by Singapore Airlines today as well. Nice of Singapore Airlines to give me till March 30th to re-book to "meet my new schedule"...there goes $2000 down the crapper.
I was feeling pretty ok being here and only a bit frustrated not being home. But now I see on the news some brilliant minister from the fed gov here is publicly blaming this virus in Thailand on the "Dirty White Farangs". (That's me...except for the dirty part) I'm no doubt a lot cleaner than that douchebag fine gentleman. The news said this sentiment is gaining traction as expected with the city shutting down and many "entertainers" being forced to go back to the home village. Tourism is at pretty much 0 here now and the government is otherwise doing a pretty good job managing the outbreak here. The people here are generally really great. The weather is amazing 33ish everyday which makes it ok to be near the pool. I am in self-isolation after traveling through Singapore last week but took my bicycle out to the ATM today as I need a Jack Daniels delivery in the next couple of days.
It is very strange living in one of the busiest and exciting cities I have ever been in now with empty streets and no roaring hustle and bustle going on. I was almost alone riding my bicycle merrily down the wrong side of the street today. (well wrong side for Canada) Did my ATM stop...there was only a few around and they kept their distance. Rode back and used the whole road which normally would have made me a road pizza.
So that's what's new here. Not much really but It certainly is an uncertain time. Who knows when I will get back to Canada. I'm already paying to live here so it doesn't make much sense to try and buy yet another airline ticket then scramble back to Canada and pay more rent to go into quarantine again. All the plans are totally up in the air for the next 6 months at least.
So if all goes well I will be just fine here for the short to mid term... Jack Daniels does help.

Look after one and other. Damn I miss my Z06. I would love to try and hold onto that thing through 2nd and 3rd right now.
Peace, D

Small Edit: I am seriously hoping I won't need my Hummer when I get back. That would suck. (it's great to drive but only for fun)
CDN Govt is offering 5K in travel support

Travel Link

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
So we are self isolating like 90%. We only sneak out for grub or to take garbage to the landfill. The grocery store close by is open until midnight so we have been going for groceries at 11pm. Nobody is there.

I guess we are luckier than many as both my wife and I can work from home and I have 80 acres to isolate on. Played with the horses on Saturday. I have a mare who is really good at social distancing. Her ears flatten right out when your inside 6 feet. Horse people here will understand.

Yesterday, with the blessing of she who shall not be named, I turned the garage into an official man cave. I attached some pics.

Stay safe.
Looking good Al. Obviously I'm not the only one who seldom uses the man door. I have our snowshoes and poles leaning up against mine at the moment. Lol.... As for your social distancing mare, I believe the ears laying back are her signal for you to approach from behind.... :angelic:

This Corona Virus certainly has altered everyone lives around the world. The suggestions of social distancing makes sense, but makes life dull, but to stop the spread, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Yet I have seen lineups out side a store that two news games where being offered for sale. Beaches in Florida packed with teens on March break, selfishness on their parts as not willing to listen to experts. I wonder how they would feel if they were infected with the virus and went home and spread it to their parents or grandparents? Everyone stay safe and hopefully it won't be long we can get out on the road with our vettes.

Working from home, which is good and bad. Oddly, less distracting than being at work....except for being on the forum right now. It seems Saskatchewan is shut down pretty hard, however, I believe there will be groups of people not isolating, so this is going to spread like crazy in some communities, which is super unfortunate. It's good that it is now LAW in Saskatchewan to isolate after being out of country, so should we see people driving around in a lime jeep, we can call the authorities and they can receive a fine of up to $2,000 or jail time.
I personally don't see this virus as being super bad as far as virus's go. However, I do think it's my duty to try and slow it down for those that this will affect and need medical help, so I am trying my best to keep away from others as much as possible. The odd thing is, this is probably the worst virus we could get for a global pandemic. Should the virus be too destructive with a high mortality rate and kill people off quickly, it would snuff itself out. The fact that it can spread itself for 4 days before affecting the host and only causes a sub 4% mortality rate is what is making it super dangerous by spreading fast and overloading our medical system. Yuck.
Hopefully everyone has enough TP out there! For those that think the virus is a joke or we should just let the strong survive, that's your opinion. I would suggest waiting a few months before deciding if the virus is a joke or not because it's really too early to tell. And, as for letting the strong survive, I understand the point of view, get the virus over with, get life moving along asap, but this view takes a lot of assumptions as well that we assume the virus can not mutate and return, so my personal take is we need to slow it down as much as possible to not overwhelm the medical community, and give the labs a chance to get the vaccine out so we can really put this behind us.

Wow. So you'd be ok if most of your family and family parishes from this virus or even you do?

It's been estimated, depending on how we react to it, this virus can infect 20-70% of the work population in a matter of months. With a mortality rate of 4.3% (current global rate), we're talking about 67,000,000 to 232,000,000 dead. In Canada alone, that's upwards of 1,100,000 people. That's the entire population of Hamilton and Kitchener combined!

And you're ok with this, compared to you not having any more money?
Definitely not "ok" with either scenario. The direction we're carried will be dictated by Nature. Earth is vastly over-populated and she's begun to let us know. I hope our modern Western notion of "civilization" is not the end of us. My base comments we're, like most, polariizng but a single voice. While it may be impossible not to take them personally they nevertheless are not (and like all our own subject to change). The irony of such a dialogue on a forum ultimately intended to celebrate expressions of personal freedom, celebration of life, etc. is not lost on me. Keep it up! That being said, my respect of and deference to Nature remains paramount. Regrdless of how this shakes out I hope Homo sapiens sapiens comes out of it smarter.

Stay safe.

very nice....but that is not a Harley!

• Wow
Reactions: Cariboocreek
This Corona Virus certainly has altered everyone lives around the world. The suggestions of social distancing makes sense, but makes life dull, but to stop the spread, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Yet I have seen lineups out side a store that two news games where being offered for sale. Beaches in Florida packed with teens on March break, selfishness on their parts as not willing to listen to experts. I wonder how they would feel if they were infected with the virus and went home and spread it to their parents or grandparents? Everyone stay safe and hopefully it won't be long we can get out on the road with our vettes.

These are the people who will cause this pandemic to go on much longer than it should. The US has implemented mandatory house lock-down for non-essential services population in many states already. If many Canadians are stupid enough to think they are immortal and can continue to frolic around like nothing is happening, this should be, and will soon be the case in Canada as well. If you are not on board with solution, than do the rest of us a favor and disappear.
Day 5 and some of the radical posts that are becoming more prevalent, more radical and more violent is disappointing. World emergency or not. jmho

Definitely not "ok" with either scenario. The direction we're carried will be dictated by Nature. Earth is vastly over-populated and she's begun to let us know. I hope our modern Western notion of "civilization" is not the end of us. My base comments we're, like most, polariizng but a single voice. While it may be impossible not to take them personally they nevertheless are not (and like all our own subject to change). The irony of such a dialogue on a forum ultimately intended to celebrate expressions of personal freedom, celebration of life, etc. is not lost on me. Keep it up! That being said, my respect of and deference to Nature remains paramount. Regrdless of how this shakes out I hope Homo sapiens sapiens comes out of it smarter.

I'll agree to disagree with you. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread