NHL is in it's first week back and with an online 50/50 draw too ...

And just like that, Oiler fans have generated more covid-times economic activity than the government has

Reactions: turbozig
NHL is in it's first week back and with an online 50/50 draw too ...

And just like that, Oiler fans have generated more covid-times economic activity than the government has

Tell me about it. Wednesdays 50/50 draw paid out over 2.7 million.... cha ching...

Tell me about it. Wednesdays 50/50 draw paid out over 2.7 million.... cha ching...
odds are better than lotto too ... it better stay and benefit all the charities involved.
I see the Calgary 50/50 was much less however still significant to win...
I find it a measure of just how bad YYC may be economically with "disposable funds".
It's not a contest but just an observation and very good for the charities that benefit.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I see the Calgary 50/50 was much less however still significant to win...I find it a measure of just how bad YYC may be economically with "disposable funds".

I am not so sure about that. The Oiler's 50/50 was marketed pretty heavily and anyone in all of Alberta could buy tickets and i know a bunch of people who live in the south who bought tickets. I wonder if the Calgary one wasn't marketed on social media as much perhaps???? Or enough already bought the night before and said not every night??

I am not so sure about that. The Oiler's 50/50 was marketed pretty heavily and anyone in all of Alberta could buy tickets and i know a bunch of people who live in the south who bought tickets. I wonder if the Calgary one wasn't marketed on social media as much perhaps???? Or enough already bought the night before and said not every night??
It is speculative n my part too except what can be found as fact.
The reason the South bought in may be because of hearing the YEG 50/50 grow.
It got my attention even though I do not buy into any of them.
The odds are in favour than buy a lotto down for sure.
Now please know that I want the Oilers to advance so don't get me wrong.
I spend as much Summertime near YEG as I do near YYC.
I am an Alberta Hockey Boy born in one and living in the other - no rival shenanigans from me.
If those highly paid Oiler Players cannot figure it out tonight against the Hawks,
we will see how the 50/50 for the other Teams go after that.

Interesting data. Essentially Covid mortality for those under 70 is less than the average mortality rate for the flu/pneumonia (which is the real killer flu related) in the same age group. In Canada in 2018 we had 230 flu related deaths per million. The world wide median Covid mortality rate is 73 deaths per million.

Not sure of the point... Canada to Canada... forget Canada to world wide.... Canada 230 deaths per million in a 12 months from flu.... Canada 243 deaths per million in five months (first death was March 10) from Covid....Agreed...this pandemic is far from that of the plaque... But given the ease of transmission, the actions taken to control the spread have kept this number in check to some degree as well. Other that a small percentage that take the flu vaccine, which is hit or miss to be effective for the particular strain of flu we might be exposed to, an unchecked or non recommended action to to control Covid transmission to a significant degree would no doubt result in certainly a much broader spread in the death toll number comparison. An effective vaccine would certainly reduce the death toll but that is still at least a yearaway. Lets compare again when Covid deaths have accumulated over a full 12 months instead of only 5. JMO

So if the mods or admin disagree with a particular position thay delete it. The article included peer reviewed material and was posted for debate and for critical thought. Who are you to determine credibility?

The post violated no forum rules, other than the now unspoken rule of political correctness.

• Wow
Reactions: YFCvii
So if the mods or admin disagree with a particular position thay delete it. The article included peer reviewed material and was posted for debate and for critical thought. Who are you to determine credibility?

The post violated no forum rules, other than the now unspoken rule of political correctness.

As this is a largely serious thread and discussion we will be attempting to do the responsible thing and vetting links including ones to news-y and scienc-y sounding opinion piece conspiracy websites. Especially conspiracy ones that cherry pick like cherries are going out of season and proliferate false information that contravenes global health recommendations instituted by every country. You can debate away freely as you have done so but links will be vetted for tin content. All your links until this one have been perfectly fine.

If you want to debate mask wearing global conspiracies proliferated by the site you linked, 4chan maybe the place for you or maybe some facebook groups. Not CCF. We're definitely not a credible source for medical advice.

A simple google on media fact check on the website in question will reveal all you need to know about its history, content and credibility. A simple look at its headlines should allay fears that it's a credible news source.

I would prefer to keep even our off topic board free of this.

I thought Rruuff Day posted a fair comment and like a lot of conspiracists you attack him instead of rebutting him because he is a mod?? Far left and far right both use this tactic to deflect from the subject (and themselves) once they have stirred up debate and got people upset. Let's hear you defend your point of view without just posting articles and knock apart his arguments. I was looking forward to reading this one.

5C4036B0-B8D8-4D03-94C1-94856AEFD3D0.png

Sadly i did not get to see the post ....
I’ve shut down much of my thought provoking covid whatnot commenting on here.
Just like with thought provoking comments regarding the “oil girl” who stomped thru MY country on a tantrum.
My soapbox screams are directed for Laws now to be made in aim to reduce vigilante style mask wearing covid whatnot abrasive advocation.
I am not against wearing masks when it is the Law. I am not against it when its not a Law as it would then be by choice.

I relate this to when it was a big deal with focus on players kneeling during the anthem at a game.
Months later focus was directed to the player who remained standing.
Now this should be thought provoking and relatable to mask wearing too.
It is uncomfortable living in YYC with the Law and people still stretching it in regard to
when and where and how to wear these things ...
all while I wait for my CCF mask delivery 😇

Last edited:
I thought Rruuff Day posted a fair comment and like a lot of conspiracists you attack him instead of rebutting him because he is a mod?? Far left and far right both use this tactic to deflect from the subject (and themselves) once they have stirred up debate and got people upset. Let's hear you defend your point of view without just posting articles and knock apart his arguments. I was looking forward to reading this one.
At no point did I attack Eric. My post was in relation to an article that had nothing to do with Eric’s and my previous discussion. I posted an article on masks. I made no comment. Rebut the article or the claims made. I am happy to debate on the facts.

33 pages on a thread called Covid Fallout Observations. Is not the mask debate a Covid Fallout observation?

At no point did I attack Eric. My post was in relation to an article that had nothing to do with Eric’s and my previous discussion. I posted an article on masks. I made no comment. Rebut the article or the claims made. I am happy to debate on the facts.

33 pages on a thread called Covid Fallout Observations. Is not the mask debate a Covid Fallout observation?

No you did not go after Eric directly but he is a mod and you went after the mods. Posting an article helps to inform if the source is reputable but it is not truly debating. We can all post articles that will refute one another. There are a myriad of sites out there that cherry pick information to support each side of the debate. Quote the article and explain your point. Then someone else should counter it with something to make this interesting.

So you started by saying I attacked Eric. Now it was only indirect. Pick one. You also called me a conspiracist. You know nothing about me.

The article was the starting point for a debate. Inclusive of reference material. Of course you wouldnt know that because it was deleted by admin.

By your writings on here you act like a conspiracist and that is what we all have to go on. And by your writings it was Eric you seemed to be directing your attention to, now I see it was Nik who deleted your postings. By using the term mods it is yourself who was being indirect.

I thank you all for standing up to the vicious attacks on me but trust that I have broad shoulders that also droop enough to shed things readily, and actually I did not take this as an attack on me or the other staff. Maybe it's the years that have thickened my skin...lol...
Nik is correct in his comment on Conspiracy websites. Typically in normal times we might post a harmless conspiracy headline so all can have a good laugh but under the current circumstances we are living in, many are grasping for advice and answers. Answers that contradict both common sense and global health recommendations can be counter productive to say the least, and very possibly downright dangerous. Not to say that our readers here would would jump head first into every internet or social media post touting questionable recommendations, but on the off chance someone did, I for one would prefer they did not do it because of a post on CCF.
It would be sad to lose more lives if people read and believed every internet headline article from questionable and self promoting sources.
It is bad enough that supposedly knowledgeable leaders of certain other Country's are publicizing questionable advice and random drug use as cures. We see quite easily where that has gotten them.

That all....Time to work on my beard. Read somewhere that a thick beard folded twice over your face, duct taped around the edges, and sprayed liberally with Isopropl alcohol every 5 minutes blocks down to 1.3 microns and kills the rest. As a side note, if you try this, you should likely refrain from smoking...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread