I am sure it is the same for all of us that work internationally. We have a vaccination "passport" that lists and tracks all of our vaccinations. If I want to continue working in the offshore exploration industry than I have to follow these vaccination rules and and I am pretty certain that if a COVID-19 vaccine is approved by anyone, then I have to add that one to my list.

Physical Health ... Mental Health ... Financial Health
They all matter just as they always have ...

broke.jpg

A hard truth, and this ain’t pretty.

The paragraphs below were written by a nurse who works with ventilators:

Here you go folks... for those people who don't understand what it means to be on a ventilator but want to take the chance of going back to work after Covid19....

For starters, it's NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines.
Ventilation for COVID-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die.
It is usually performed under anesthesia and for 2 to 3 weeks the patient is without movement, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth to the trachea, which allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine.
The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive.
The discomfort and pain they feel from this means medical experts have to administer sedatives and painkillers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed.
It's like being in an induced coma.
After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass, and suffers mouth or vocal cord trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications.
It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die.
Many of us are in this boat ... so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up in this situation.
This is NOT the flu.
Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect the diarrhea, a foley Catheter to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, an A-line to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses.
Teams of nurses CRNA’s and MA’s have to reposition your limbs every two hours, while you’re lying on a mat that circulates ice cold fluid to help bring down your 104 degree temp.
Anyone want to try all that out?

Then stay home..... Stay safe and well!

I am one never ever to be sold on scare tactics. I am doing what I have to do to keep my house, my family, my livelihood, my closest friends, my sanity among much much more. Not asking nor forcing anything on anyone and just like a teenager and a senior, I will not live by directive whims but would definitely live by mandates and laws. I quickly lose tolerance for soap-boxers. (and just my opinion as always) ... the day is soon where there is a by law mandate and no choice when in public in Calgary and that is exactly what is needed ! So I will wear a mask and so will others - out of no choice (perfect) ...

Last edited:
I am one never ever to be sold on scare tactics. I am doing what I have to do to keep my house, my family, my livelihood, my closest friends, my sanity among much much more. Not asking nor forcing anything on anyone and just like a teenager and a senior, I will not live by directive whims but would definitely live by mandates and laws. I quickly lose tolerance for soap-boxers. (and just my opinion as always) ... the day is soon where there is a by law mandate and no choice when in public in Calgary and that is exactly what is needed ! So I will wear a mask and so will others - out of no choice (perfect) ...
1596222690179.png

1596222852087.png

A hard truth, and this ain’t pretty.

The paragraphs below were written by a nurse who works with ventilators:

Here you go folks... for those people who don't understand what it means to be on a ventilator but want to take the chance of going back to work after Covid19....

For starters, it's NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines.
Ventilation for COVID-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die.
It is usually performed under anesthesia and for 2 to 3 weeks the patient is without movement, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth to the trachea, which allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine.
The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive.
The discomfort and pain they feel from this means medical experts have to administer sedatives and painkillers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed.
It's like being in an induced coma.
After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass, and suffers mouth or vocal cord trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications.
It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die.
Many of us are in this boat ... so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up in this situation.
This is NOT the flu.
Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect the diarrhea, a foley Catheter to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, an A-line to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses.
Teams of nurses CRNA’s and MA’s have to reposition your limbs every two hours, while you’re lying on a mat that circulates ice cold fluid to help bring down your 104 degree temp.
Anyone want to try all that out?

Then stay home..... Stay safe and well!

Some nurse pumping his or her tires.... Yes lets all stay home and watch everything come crumbling down. We know the risks and who is vulnerable to a large degree. This article just pisses me off.

• Agree
Reactions: Cariboocreek
Some nurse pumping his or her tires.... Yes lets all stay home and watch everything come crumbling down. We know the risks and who is vulnerable to a large degree. This article just pisses me off.
Well the hard truth is sometimes not nice to read about
Not everyone will get/have symptoms, not everyone will have to go to the hospital. not everyone who goes to the hospital will be in ICU. not everyone in ICU will be on a ventilator. So a small percentage of people getting CV-19 will get to that stage. Unfortunately it is usually those some place about 60 years of wisdom who are more susceptible to the worsening escalations of the virus but some younger people have had some very bad experiences as well. For those that do then the hard truth is above. Scare tactics? Yeah I'll agree. Never the less it is a good thing to have knowledge about the whole picture and then make our own judgment. Being at the edge of the precipice clarifies one vision as to the danger of your next step. Are we there? No! Lets hope we don't get there either.
SO if it comes to wearing a mask or not I'll chose the mask. Not for me, but for those around me because when you first get it you quite likely will not know you have it and can spread it to others.
So yeah, Some nurse pumping her tires. At least now we know what a ventilator situation is like. I, for one, did not think it was quite so extreme. Don't really want to try it out and hopefully I will not know anyone who has gone through it.

I go out shopping every now and then as necessary. Aside from the grocery stores there is just about no one out. A lot of s**t is going to hit the fan when the government cheques run out.. Won't be pretty.
In the mean time support CCF by purchasing a mask if you do not already have one. And if you do have one. then get another one. Sure you will get a CF one DD if SN comes out with it. And a C7 model on top of it

Last edited:
Well the hard truth is sometimes not nice to read about
Not everyone will get/have symptoms, not everyone will have to go to the hospital. not everyone who goes to the hospital will be in ICU. not everyone in ICU will be on a ventilator. So a small percentage of people getting CV-19 will get to that stage. Unfortunately it is usually those some place about 60 years of wisdom who are more susceptible to the worsening escalations of the virus but some younger people have had some very bad experiences as well. For those that do then the hard truth is above. Scare tactics? Yeah I'll agree. Never the less it is a good thing to have knowledge about the whole picture and then make our own judgment. Being at the edge of the precipice clarifies one vision as to the danger of your next step. Are we there? No! Lets hope we don't get there either.
SO if it comes to wearing a mask or not I'll chose the mask. Not for me, but for those around me because when you first get it you quite likely will not know you have it and can spread it to others.
So yeah, Some nurse pumping her tires. At least now we know what a ventilator situation is like. I, for one, did not think it was quite so extreme. Don't really want to try it out and hopefully I will not know anyone who has gone through it.

I go out shopping every now and then as necessary. Aside from the grocery stores there is just about no one out. A lot of s**t is going to hit the fan when the government cheques run out.. Won't be pretty.
In the mean time support CCF by purchasing a mask if you do not already have one. And if you do have one. then get another one. Sure you will get a CF one DD if SN comes out with it. And a C7 model on top of it

Thanks for the lecture Richard. I am aware of the situation and do not disagree with your opinion. I am however not drinking the Koolaid on every dam thing that is designed to drive us to a reaction. As far as supporting CCF goes... I feel I do my share.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread