I had someone Hit & Run my Truck a month ago and while reporting it, I had to answer that there were no Witnesses ...
I got to wondering how many Police reports are being written up now where Witnesses are describing the Culprits as “wearing a mask” ... ??? 😂

ya ... I can only laugh and cough up the insurance deductible ... just in case anyone wonders why I do a double-take towards those who are wearing a mask. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
My business was shutdown
and I am full of gas ...
:yesss:
7CA88454-C422-4926-95F9-977654C2B69E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
OMG ... My Insurance Company just contacted me to inform that I will be getting
rebates on all my insurance policies (home, autos, health/travel & business) due to
Covid whatnot and fewer claims. Regardless of the amount ... what a pleasant surprise today.

This refund stacks on top of the adjustment and refund I received a few months ago
when I reported reduced driving mileage ... with this covid stuff

Last edited:
Allrighty then. Let's throw a massive house party and show them they can't screw with our civil liberties in the interest of health and safety for the general population. No masks or civil liberties will be permitted. Sharing of food and drink is encouraged.

1595692508394.png

errrrr.... guess that was a mistake....

Allrighty then. Let's throw a massive house party and show them they can't screw with our civil liberties in the interest of health and safety for the general population. No masks or civil liberties will be permitted. Sharing of food and drink is encouraged.

View attachment 42197

errrrr.... guess that was a mistake....

Oh my, herd immunity in a microcosm guaranteed there.

Anti-vaxxer movement is already sharpening their tools for the forthcoming vaccines. With an estimated 70-80% efficiency of a viable vaccine it's quite important that everyone get the shot to really quash this thing (assuming one is available). According to polls up to a third of the population is not prepared to take the shot for their own personal reasons in the US. Sooo that will be coming to a screen near you early next year.

• Agree
Oh my, herd immunity in a microcosm guaranteed there.

Anti-vaxxer movement is already sharpening their tools for the forthcoming vaccines. With an estimated 70-80% efficiency of a viable vaccine it's quite important that everyone get the shot to really quash this thing (assuming one is available). According to polls up to a third of the population is not prepared to take the shot for their own personal reasons in the US. Sooo that will be coming to a screen near you early next year.
I suppose everyone here harping about the need to get a covid-19 shot went and also religiously gets their flu shot. I didn’t think so.....

“The Influenza immunization Program for 2019-2020 is over. As of May 2, 2020: 1,438,866 doses of influenza vaccine were administered in Alberta. This equates to a provincial coverage rate of 32.9%, an increase of 2.8% over the 2018-2019 season.”

I suppose everyone here harping about the need to get a covid-19 shot went and also religiously gets their flu shot. I didn’t think so.....

“The Influenza immunization Program for 2019-2020 is over. As of May 2, 2020: 1,438,866 doses of influenza vaccine were administered in Alberta. This equates to a provincial coverage rate of 32.9%, an increase of 2.8% over the 2018-2019 season.”

I don't think so either. I've never had a flu shot but will be getting a covid shot. The impacts of the two pathogens are quite different you'll agree ?

People die from the flu so the impact is the same. Scope may be somewhat different.

So the only real concern is when more people die. Just out of curiosity what is the magic number of flu deaths to get the same emotional response as Covid?

People die from the flu so the impact is the same. Scope may be somewhat different.

So the only real concern is when more people die. Just out of curiosity what is the magic number of flu deaths to get the same emotional response as Covid?

The impact is definitely not the same nor is the scope. For one covid is causing a world economic and social shutdown whereas the flu does not. I personally don't want to wear a mask for the rest of my life nor do I want my kids to be tested when they get on a plane.

The magic number you should be looking at is the case fatality rate and hospitilization rate not just the overall deaths though that number will also surpass the flu this year in many if not most countries. It is about 10 times higher with covid vs influenza on average. Canada has fared much better as our death rate has so far been relatively low compared to other countries but is still more than double that of the flu since March (a shorter reporting period).

It's also demonstrably over 3 times more contagious than the flu hence the fact that the whole world has to an extent been locked down.

Using the US as the worst case scenario it will become their 3rd top cause of death in 2020 among all ages.

All this data is available no emotions or magic numbers involved so you can draw your own conclusions there on whether a vaccine is a wise choice when it becomes available.

The what aboutism arguments are getting harder to pitch as this thing drags on.

I as well have never had a flu shot and to my knowledge have never had the flu since childhood. The last head cold I had was roughly 6 years ago. Not sure if I have a strong immunity system or can attribute taking ColdFX regularly as an immune system booster. That being said, I will get the Covid vaccine once it becomes reliable and doesn't turn into a proponent for some other disease. I remember when the Swine flu panic erupted and after 2 weeks of testing a vaccine, it was distributed. There were thousands involved and receiving settlements in class action suits after developing Guillian Barre disease, attributing it to the Swine fly vaccine. Vaccines are traditionally tested for considerably longer periods than a couple weeks. But yes. It is looking more and more that a vaccine is going to be the answer to this pandemic. Eight or so months in and the world has far exceeded flu numbers in both cases and deaths. Every day in the US, Brazil, and India and they are exceeding previous record case numbers. It will end but the question is when and at what cost.

The impact is definitely not the same nor is the scope. For one covid is causing a world economic and social shutdown whereas the flu does not. I personally don't want to wear a mask for the rest of my life nor do I want my kids to be tested when they get on a plane.

The magic number you should be looking at is the case fatality rate and hospitilization rate not just the overall deaths though that number will also surpass the flu this year in many if not most countries. It is about 10 times higher with covid vs influenza on average. Canada has fared much better as our death rate has so far been relatively low compared to other countries but is still more than double that of the flu since March (a shorter reporting period).

It's also demonstrably over 3 times more contagious than the flu hence the fact that the whole world has to an extent been locked down.

Using the US as the worst case scenario it will become their 3rd top cause of death in 2020 among all ages.

All this data is available no emotions or magic numbers involved so you can draw your own conclusions there on whether a vaccine is a wise choice when it becomes available.

There is a lot of virus info on this site if you take the time to look through the charts. Look at the two vertical bar graphs for daily deaths and daily infections. You can see that, while the daily infection rate has been going up for some time, the daily death rate has dropped to a trickle. Perhaps this virus, over time, is losing its punch and that would be a good thing. Canada Coronavirus: 113,515 Cases and 8,885 Deaths - Worldometer

This thread has certainly evolved as the covid era has unfolded. The debate on who should or should not be vaccinated will find a very short life in most cases. Why? Well before covid you had to have certain vaccinations to travel to various countries. Not all but some. You also had to have had specific vaccinations to work in certain industries, both domestically or abroad.

So... see what is coming...? Ya...some will raise hell but the reality will be clear.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents and YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread