fad098c27dda7bc19ed93a0b79105a70.gif
very, very, very sorry
my distant friend ...

Reactions: EJChevy
Many thanks to you all for the well wishes.As of late yesterday I am back at home! After 2, 2 day stints and 3 tests in the Covid ward and further testing and 5 more days in isolation in a general ward I am now in still in isolation but in the comfort of my home. My den is now my home for 14 days. It's very comfortable, have my own washroom and shwr TV so cant complain at all. The only negative is I have to remain at least 10ft from my son and wife..... and home cooked meals are believed to my doors! They found the source of the cause of what caused the toxicity and tests in the hospital have all shown my blood has been improving. Prob 7 to 8 weeks on drugs. They wanted me out asap as with my condition, the hospital, and u can imagine is the last place I should be. It's one thing seeing the effects of Covid on tv. It has been such a wake up call to see the true behind effects on the hospital staff and patients alike. Young mothers given bad news crying uncontrollably..... I'll leave at that... very very eye opening on so many levels! I'm still tired I'll have to leave it as that for now.... turbozig thxs
All the best everyone. Take it seriously please, my issue thankfully turned out to not be Covid related, but trust me, you dont want to see this s**t first hand.

Many thanks to you all for the well wishes.As of late yesterday I am back at home! After 2, 2 day stints and 3 tests in the Covid ward and further testing and 5 more days in isolation in a general ward I am now in still in isolation but in the comfort of my home. My den is now my home for 14 days. It's very comfortable, have my own washroom and shwr TV so cant complain at all. The only negative is I have to remain at least 10ft from my son and wife..... and home cooked meals are believed to my doors! They found the source of the cause of what caused the toxicity and tests in the hospital have all shown my blood has been improving. Prob 7 to 8 weeks on drugs. They wanted me out asap as with my condition, the hospital, and u can imagine is the last place I should be. It's one thing seeing the effects of Covid on tv. It has been such a wake up call to see the true behind effects on the hospital staff and patients alike. Young mothers given bad news crying uncontrollably..... I'll leave at that... very very eye opening on so many levels! I'm still tired I'll have to leave it as that for now.... turbozig thxs
All the best everyone. Take it seriously please, my issue thankfully turned out to not be Covid related, but trust me, you dont want to see this s**t first hand.

Glad you're back home. Speedy recovery!

Reactions: rockitman

Relief for sure Paul. Take care of yourself and get healthy.

So glad to hear you are back home my friend. Take good care of yourself and a speedy recovery with no ill effects. 🙏

I want to share a very personal and disturbing experience I had this week with everyone. I am still working and running our lab everyday and an email has been sent out to everyone at our workplace to maintain social 6 foot distancing, use general common sense, keep washing hands regularly and be vigilent to limit chance of infection.

One of our employees has insisted to everyone that this pandemic is a huge joke. He came up within 1-2 feet of me while working at my bench several times within the last two days of the week. I politely reminded him to keep a 6 foot distance several times, but he outright refused, telling me I should stay home if I am that scared and I am brainwashed like everyone. He followed up by yelling and telling me to F off several times. I should mention that I am his manager and at this point everyone in the building heard what was going on and the GM was called down to intervene. He has been given a strict warning and been told that severe concequnces will occur if it happens again. Unfortunately I do not feel confortable working with this clown any longer, and he is likely the greatest risk of bringing this virus into our workplace at this point. I cannot believe the total lack of respect and safety of this guy. The stress is mounting on everyone at so many levels now, we can't afford idiots like this to ruin it for everyone that is following the rules.

I want to share a very personal and disturbing experience I had this week with everyone. I am still working and running our lab everyday and an email has been sent out to everyone at our workplace to maintain social 6 foot distancing, use general common sense, keep washing hands regularly and be vigilent to limit chance of infection.

One of our employees has insisted to everyone that this pandemic is a huge joke. He came up within 1-2 feet of me while working at my bench several times within the last two days of the week. I politely reminded him to keep a 6 foot distance several times, but he outright refused, telling me I should stay home if I am that scared and I am brainwashed like everyone. He followed up by yelling and telling me to F off several times. I should mention that I am his manager and at this point everyone in the building heard what was going on and the GM was called down to intervene. He has been given a strict warning and been told that severe concequnces will occur if it happens again. Unfortunately I do not feel confortable working with this clown any longer, and he is likely the greatest risk of bringing this virus into our workplace at this point. I cannot believe the total lack of respect and safety of this guy. The stress is mounting on everyone at so many levels now, we can't afford idiots like this to ruin it for everyone that is following the rules.

That guy should be removed from your workplace immediately Ziggy. You are 100% right this is how the virus continues to spread. I am a bit surprised your GM did not fire him on the spot. I certainly would have.

Nobody needs extra stress now.

Stay safe there pal.

Good to hear you are home safe and sound Paul. I appreciate you sharing your first-hand experience. Very sobering indeed. Hats off to the people fighting hard to keep us safe and treating the victims of this damn virus.

Stay safe

• Agree
Reactions: turbozig

I would be pissed as well Zig. I would sit down with your GM and relate your fears of the virus entering your workplace, if it not already has, through the fault of this worker who refuses to acknowledge or mitigate the threat, let alone his attitude towards a fellow employee... especially a senior employee. Request that the employee be sent home until this virus is no longer a threat and see what your GM says to that. You have a right to a safe workplace as obviously your shop is classified as an essential service or you would not even be working. JMO.... and just in case you need to punch him in the nose, wear your mask and gloves.... ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread