I have #14 still unboxed and will probably stay that way. My cars are digital and have working head lights, tail lights and brake lights. The digital sets allow many cars on the track at a time, but the analog sets are very fast and competitive as well. When I started collecting, I would purchase sets, track and many pieces over the last few years. I have lots of extra pieces and a couple of extra sets to part with as my track layout is complete. I just need to finish the scenery.
20200403_113858.jpg
20200403_113838.jpg
20200403_113813.jpg
20190310_162148.jpg
20190310_162144.jpg

If I ever wondered if there were stupid people still among us this letter from the management of the place we are staying in downtown Toronto proves they are alive and well.

Dear Residents:

We would like to bring to your attention complaints received by the Resident Service Centre regarding residents and guests using the corridors as communal space to work and to socialize.

It is recommended that all non-essential common areas including gyms, libraries, party rooms, playgrounds, pools… be closed at this time. The corridors/hallways and lobbies are also considered common areas within the building and in light of the current environment, every person should be doing all he/she can to adhere to the recommendations of the Toronto Public Health Department and also to ensure that the fire code is followed as it relates to items being placed in the corridors and most notably, to help to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The corridors should not be used as an extension of your suite to work, to play, to hang out, to entertain your guest, your neighbour or to take a nap.

We kindly ask that you take heed and take this matter seriously.

Additional information on COVID-19 can be found at:
Toronto Public Health. 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Accessed on March 12, 2020. https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/8d59-Fact-Sheet_Novel-Coronavirus.pdf

Please be reminded that as a community, you share your living environment with others therefore, we kindly ask that you be considerate of your neighbours - we strongly urge every person to practice social distancing.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation in these stressful and unprecedented times.

Respectfully,

• Haha
Reactions: Cariboocreek
If I ever wondered if there were stupid people still among us this letter from the management of the place we are staying in downtown Toronto proves they are alive and well.

Dear Residents:

We would like to bring to your attention complaints received by the Resident Service Centre regarding residents and guests using the corridors as communal space to work and to socialize.

It is recommended that all non-essential common areas including gyms, libraries, party rooms, playgrounds, pools… be closed at this time. The corridors/hallways and lobbies are also considered common areas within the building and in light of the current environment, every person should be doing all he/she can to adhere to the recommendations of the Toronto Public Health Department and also to ensure that the fire code is followed as it relates to items being placed in the corridors and most notably, to help to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The corridors should not be used as an extension of your suite to work, to play, to hang out, to entertain your guest, your neighbour or to take a nap.

We kindly ask that you take heed and take this matter seriously.

Additional information on COVID-19 can be found at:
Toronto Public Health. 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Accessed on March 12, 2020. https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/8d59-Fact-Sheet_Novel-Coronavirus.pdf

Please be reminded that as a community, you share your living environment with others therefore, we kindly ask that you be considerate of your neighbours - we strongly urge every person to practice social distancing.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation in these stressful and unprecedented times.

Respectfully,
Keep it up, Toronto, and you will end up like New York.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Whew! Lots of funny stuff and serious stuff to read in this thread. Paul, I hope you’re doing alright in the hospital and they have you sorted out and on the mend!
As we continue on in this situation and the question was raised whether this virus was natural occurring or created, the longer I stay at home, the more I get the feeling it was created by stay at home moms to finally get their husbands to stay home full time so they can keep track of them 24 hours a day and have them help out with the kids. :D

My Grandmama has it and is not expected to survive.

😥

I'll say: it's sad, but not overly dramatic for me. I haven't seen her for two decades and 15 years ago, she had a stroke that really messed her up. She got dementia from it and has been getting worse ever since. She doesn't even recognizer her children any longer.

Still, it's really hitting home now that this is real. Now it's personal. Now it's family.

Please, everyone, stay home, wash your hands, and stay safe.

This disease does not seem to have any personal favourites, it attacks everyone. Old folks and those compromised are always at risk but this thing has just been unmerciful to the elderly. The situation in the seniors home in Bobcaygeon, Ontario is just so disturbing. Just waiting their turn to die essentially alone. The staff all have it I wonder if any of them will survive.

Sorry to hear the news EJ.

Take care all.

It appears this can linger in the air much longer than we've been led to believe. It's not an airborne virus but it's damn close to one from what I'm reading. 6 feet distance may not be enough, steer well clear of everyone.

CDC is also recommending cloth masks (scarf, bandanna etc) to prevent the wearer from dispersing droplets when breathing (not just coughing/sneezing). Again it's not going to stop you from inhaling but it may help dispersal if you have the virus and are asymptomatic.

Last edited:
  • Informative
The mask wearing is also to help stop touching your own nose & mouth, in order to avoid transmission.

You would think but what I'm seeing is that people spend extra time constantly adjusting masks, scratching under because of extra moisture and sweat, and all manner of stuff. The only thing that will stop touching your face is yourself or possibly one of these :)

cone-of-shame-alternatives.jpg

• Haha
There is a excellent article on the John Hopkins website. It explains what a virus is, how it works and how to destroy it. They are not living things, DNA surrounded by a envelope of fatty molecules. Sanitizers must be at least 65% alcohol to break down the fatty membrane. Soap works well, which is why it's so important to wash your hands. Wishing everyone good health and stay safe.

You would think but what I'm seeing is that people spend extra time constantly adjusting masks, scratching under because of extra moisture and sweat, and all manner of stuff. The only thing that will stop touching your face is yourself or possibly one of these :)

I've been carrying a 1oz bottle of 62% tizer when I shop, and do my best to keep my paws in my pockets when I'm out.

Barb wire wrapping your hands would do the trick too....

1586014567743.png

My Grandmama has it and is not expected to survive.

😥

I'll say: it's sad, but not overly dramatic for me. I haven't seen her for two decades and 15 years ago, she had a stroke that really messed her up. She got dementia from it and has been getting worse ever since. She doesn't even recognizer her children any longer.

Still, it's really hitting home now that this is real. Now it's personal. Now it's family.

Please, everyone, stay home, wash your hands, and stay safe.

Really sorry to hear that

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
My cynicism seems to be getting the better of me, for more that I read concerning this COVID-19 virus that has impacted all inhabitants on this planet has by far being a well-orchestrated to a global audience conducted by maestros of industrial magnets. The balance of power that has plagued the giants of industrial that gave birth to the industrial revolution has matured to the point of retirement, thus seeking a new form of industrial espionage. The adage "don't place all your eggs in one basket" seems to have placed on deaf ears for as the powerful nations of this world have by using oil as their bargaining tool,
disrupting the natural ebb and flow of global commerce to achieve world dominance for power by creating a new awareness for oil production, and to lessen the worldly consumption for this global currency that has been the payment source for many countries; thus creating a global pandemic of a virus that has shut down industries overnight throughout the world.

Cancelled. Dumb issuing in the first place if story really true.... A warning more appropriate.......

This is just my opinion but I have to disagree. Currently the RO number hovers between 2 and 2.5. If you're not familiar. everyone infected or carrying Covid will infect 2 to 2.5 more people. Compound this and it's no wonder new cases are rampant. How does car pooling with friends (not family members living in the same house) fall into the description of social distancing. These kids weren't even aware of the social distancing (duh!) so who knows if they have been exposed... they still go home where they may be exposing their families, and if their families and their boss at work haven't advised them of the necessity of social distancing, they likely aren't abiding by the rules either. A reduced fine, but still a fine was warranted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread