And the difference is?
I get it and Im older in the higher risk category. These 16 year olds need a lesson indeed. But what message is a $1200 ticket. Im guessing the kids were giving the officer attitude and as mentioned their ID was an issue. Wish that officer was at the No Frills I went to yesterday morning. He could have worn his pen out......

This is just my opinion but I have to disagree. Currently the RO number hovers between 2 and 2.5. If you're not familiar. everyone infected or carrying Covid will infect 2 to 2.5 more people. Compound this and it's no wonder new cases are rampant. How does car pooling with friends (not family members living in the same house) fall into the description of social distancing. These kids weren't even aware of the social distancing (duh!) so who knows if they have been exposed... they still go home where they may be exposing their families, and if their families and their boss at work haven't advised them of the necessity of social distancing, they likely aren't abiding by the rules either. A reduced fine, but still a fine was warranted.
...except it wasn’t illegal...

Thus why a reduced fine would have been in order ... Unless I'm wrong, kids can pass the virus too.
I was a kid once too ... scolded for sitting with one other in my own car does nothing for me other than build anger for authority. Being reprimanded for being part of a group walking around in public is understood once I am an adult. Just my thought ...

wait! it may get worst. The more people ignore the government directions in social distancing where pacific parameters placed to slow down and eventually eliminate this virus, one can expect a governing curfew to be implemented.

wait! it may get worst. The more people ignore the government directions in social distancing where pacific parameters placed to slow down and eventually eliminate this virus, one can expect a governing curfew to be implemented.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
My Grandmama has it and is not expected to survive.

😥

I'll say: it's sad, but not overly dramatic for me. I haven't seen her for two decades and 15 years ago, she had a stroke that really messed her up. She got dementia from it and has been getting worse ever since. She doesn't even recognizer her children any longer.

Still, it's really hitting home now that this is real. Now it's personal. Now it's family.

Please, everyone, stay home, wash your hands, and stay safe.
Sorry for you and your family
Wonder how she caught it, are there others in her apartment, facility or wherever she is at?

hang in there, at least you had lots of time to enjoy each other’s company

• Wow
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Unless you're cheating anyway and have a blow up doll beside you.... :smilebow:
A friend had a lifesize Don Cherry thing that rode in his passenger seat with him.
I'm not sure what was funnier tho....that thing, or the Santa Clause doll he had strapped on the grill of his 30 yr old 70's Volare station wagon...
(he was friends with grapes)

Here in Thailand, the 22:00 - 04:00 curfew went into effect Friday. They are not messing around here.
All international airports are now closed and all provinces have a lockdown including any travel over the provincial borders. The jails are as full as yesterday and if one is dumb enough to test the governments resolve they get fuller. National or expat. Nobody is getting released here due to the virus.

This mess is no longer about rights and a bunch of whining assholes. If people don't act accordingly the chaos that will ensue in a month will be worldwide and totally ugly. The middle class is different in most parts of the world and they are already out to money and there is not a government cash mattress for them land on.

I pray in my usual non-religious kind of way this flattens soon or from what I see... the consequences will be dire.

Where and how is not the debate for today but how we as a species handles this. Personal responsibility is the only way out of this now.

And I just burned my Nachos. Left them on the BBQ too long while surfing here... Screw it. Time for a drink.
IMG_4785.JPG

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread