Booze is a currency in these times Derek! ..... you may be the richest man I know!

Well done!

19D6606E000005DC-0-image-a-13_1494277439928.jpg

Week # "feels like forever"
Covid-19 Observation: Rant
on TV commercials and FB

without prejudice ...

Are there perhaps a million people
who are now available to earn an income
and willing to do simple tasks without
asking/advocating for "Thanks" ... ?

Even though "thank you" and "sorry"
is a way of life here for pretty much
everything and anything ... :canada:

First Responders &
Life Support Workers aside.
as always ... Thank you

Last edited:
Well folks, things are getting real here now. Here is an update from Thailand. My free visa extension is costing me $1200 for 3 months as there is some latitude given to local immigration offices despite the federally announced free automatic visa "amnesty" for expats stuck in Thailand. This was to avoid the gathering of people at the immigration centers to get extensions on their visa. And I get to go to the immigration office to get it. (I'm sending someone in my stead...another $100) Haha I love the way things work here sometimes.

So on top that annoying news they have banned the sale of alcohol here as of today to at least April 30th. So I topped up as being stuck in front of my pool and 72' garden TV daily leaves me little choice but to hunker down and try to enjoy the lockdown. Not much else to do in all this sunny 33 degree sunny weather as the airports are still closed and I don't expect to get back to work in April. Trying for the 22nd but..no flights and big drama getting into Indonesia.

Should hopefully make till the end of the month at least. Maybe longer...

Oh Ya... I bought some food and bbq supplies too.

View attachment 38719View attachment 38720
View attachment 38721

Be well everyone.

D

You should open up your own alcohol store from where you are right now. You'd make a killing on the black market!

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
... very good to know ...
... and good to revisit ...
often only thought of by
loved ones / aquaintences
... after the fact ...

so it can easily build-up
nation-wide now so
reach out even just to say Hi

Best 1st question is always ...
"Tell me what is the best
about your day today..." :thumbs:

Just an observation and opinion on the multitudes lobbying for relaxing Covid19 restrictions across both Canada and the US. Ontario jumped the gun lately in announcing that with the slight reduction in new cases over the last couple days, that they feel it has peaked in that province. All this did was strengthen the argument for reducing restrictions for both bored people and suffering businesses. A premature light at the end of the tunnel and relaxing at this time could easily result in a second wave of infections as the general public reads into this that it's almost over, and life can get back to normal. It's my opinion, that unfortunately, it's far from over and relaxing now would be the worst thing we could do. Two days shows of a negative curve in new cases seems to have backfired with Ontario's highest single day new cases number being announced today. Is this just a spike in a flattening curve? Perhaps, but we should take a tip from stockmarket followers and lay a straight edge along the graph. Ignore the highs and the lows and average the line direction. Word of caution though. Draw your line long enough to represent a trend. Like the stock market, short spikes or drops are not reliable in ascertaining a peak. We saw how quickly the case numbers here in Canada went from a handful to nearly 42,000 in a few short weeks. To think that could not happen again in a heartbeat would be a mistake. Stay vigilant people and, as painful as that is, that, short of a vaccine, is the only way to really beat this thing.
Stay healthy and safe one and all.

Just an observation and opinion on the multitudes lobbying for relaxing Covid19 restrictions across both Canada and the US. Ontario jumped the gun lately in announcing that with the slight reduction in new cases over the last couple days, that they feel it has peaked in that province. All this did was strengthen the argument for reducing restrictions for both bored people and suffering businesses. A premature light at the end of the tunnel and relaxing at this time could easily result in a second wave of infections as the general public reads into this that it's almost over, and life can get back to normal. It's my opinion, that unfortunately, it's far from over and relaxing now would be the worst thing we could do. Two days shows of a negative curve in new cases seems to have backfired with Ontario's highest single day new cases number being announced today. Is this just a spike in a flattening curve? Perhaps, but we should take a tip from stockmarket followers and lay a straight edge along the graph. Ignore the highs and the lows and average the line direction. Word of caution though. Draw your line long enough to represent a trend. Like the stock market, short spikes or drops are not reliable in ascertaining a peak. We saw how quickly the case numbers here in Canada went from a handful to nearly 42,000 in a few short weeks. To think that could not happen again in a heartbeat would be a mistake. Stay vigilant people and, as painful as that is, that, short of a vaccine, is the only way to really beat this thing.
Stay healthy and safe one and all.

I have no debate to provide on the seriousness of this situation and the long term benefit of remaining shut in and away from exposure. I do however have a very large amount of empathy for those who are losing their businesses, employers trying to keep their employees, or those simply fighting to keep the wolves off their doorways now.
I find it as frustrating as anyone being stuck myself and watching others who are in real need become more desperate daily.
I read today the PM has announced a large investment toward the science of baselining the actual exposures and immunity levels achieved in Canada. I realize hindsight is generally perfect but I question as to why this wasn't done immediately and in parallel with the emergency measures. If done right away it would have certainly given us a far better understanding and a clearer path forward by this time in the response to the pandemic. I won't get into criticisms or finger-pointing at health ministers, PMs and the country's top medical advisors, as there is plenty of that already and far more to come before this is over.
I will give Canada credit though as in my daily 8 hours of news and YouTube it appears Canada is the first G7 country to actually throw this much money at the problem with the specific focus of gathering immunity data with the goal to get the country back up and running in a responsible way. Even if in a limited way.

I suspect this will be years... not months before we can live in a "normal" world. One thing is for sure. We will be paying for it for years to come.

Ok enough gloom... back to the regularly scheduled positive stuff.

Once again....Can't fix stupid.

View attachment 39329

Guess no one told the virus it was infringing on liberties. Anyway, isolation won't help you, those liberal 5G towers will get you with the virus while you sleep and take your guns away on the way out.... Time for a socially distanced tattoo of the above in my recently declared virus free Georgia tat parlour.

Last edited:
Guess no one told the virus it was infringing on American liberties. Anyway, isolation won't help you, those liberal 5G towers will get you with the virus while you sleep and take your guns away on the way out.... Time for a socially distanced tattoo of the above in my recently declared virus free Georgia tat parlour.

FYI.... that rally was in Toronto yesterday....lol...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread