That guy should be removed from your workplace immediately Ziggy. You are 100% right this is how the virus continues to spread. I am a bit surprised your GM did not fire him on the spot. I certainly would have.

Nobody needs extra stress now.

Stay safe there pal.

Trust me Derek, if it was up to me he would have been gone and walked out of the office at that point, no questions asked. He has expressed over that last couple week what a conspiracy this entire thing has been, and that it is just a flu. I hate to wish ill fate on people, but I am wishing that Karma kicks on these loosers, sooner than later! Stay safe and well all my Vette friends!

I want to share a very personal and disturbing experience I had this week with everyone. I am still working and running our lab everyday and an email has been sent out to everyone at our workplace to maintain social 6 foot distancing, use general common sense, keep washing hands regularly and be vigilent to limit chance of infection.

One of our employees has insisted to everyone that this pandemic is a huge joke. He came up within 1-2 feet of me while working at my bench several times within the last two days of the week. I politely reminded him to keep a 6 foot distance several times, but he outright refused, telling me I should stay home if I am that scared and I am brainwashed like everyone. He followed up by yelling and telling me to F off several times. I should mention that I am his manager and at this point everyone in the building heard what was going on and the GM was called down to intervene. He has been given a strict warning and been told that severe concequnces will occur if it happens again. Unfortunately I do not feel confortable working with this clown any longer, and he is likely the greatest risk of bringing this virus into our workplace at this point. I cannot believe the total lack of respect and safety of this guy. The stress is mounting on everyone at so many levels now, we can't afford idiots like this to ruin it for everyone that is following the rules.
In my organization he would be gone with or without the virus threat. F-bombs in the workplace are are verboten. You have a right to a safe workplace. Stay safe Ziggy. Please.

EJ. So sorry to hear about your grandmama.
Our condolences to you and your family. So sad.

Paul.. glad you do not have COVID19, sorry to hear you have another issue but glad it is being looked after. All the best on your recovery pal. 14 days in the den.. good luck with that.
I can’t imagine what the hospitals must be like right now. Those people are all Angels.
I hope they can keep this up for the duration.
Bev & I are looking into ways to help them.
The best we can do now is stay at home and not be a problem.

ZIG. That fellow should be gone! Gone I say!
If he behaves like that at work, the I suspect he behaves like that on his private time.
This would let me believe he has been near many people of his beliefs.
I would request to have him OUT until he can prove he is NOT a carrier!

take care everyone. Wash your hands.

graham

I want to share a very personal and disturbing experience I had this week with everyone. I am still working and running our lab everyday and an email has been sent out to everyone at our workplace to maintain social 6 foot distancing, use general common sense, keep washing hands regularly and be vigilent to limit chance of infection.

One of our employees has insisted to everyone that this pandemic is a huge joke. He came up within 1-2 feet of me while working at my bench several times within the last two days of the week. I politely reminded him to keep a 6 foot distance several times, but he outright refused, telling me I should stay home if I am that scared and I am brainwashed like everyone. He followed up by yelling and telling me to F off several times. I should mention that I am his manager and at this point everyone in the building heard what was going on and the GM was called down to intervene. He has been given a strict warning and been told that severe concequnces will occur if it happens again. Unfortunately I do not feel confortable working with this clown any longer, and he is likely the greatest risk of bringing this virus into our workplace at this point. I cannot believe the total lack of respect and safety of this guy. The stress is mounting on everyone at so many levels now, we can't afford idiots like this to ruin it for everyone that is following the rules.
Man, that pisses me off just reading that story. What the hell is the matter with people? It seems there is a small segment of society that just won’t believe the media on anything at all. There was a story in the news a couple of days ago that mentioned this yoga instructor from BC that did his own investigation on the virus, truly believing that this is a huge hoax. He even filmed himself intentionally coughing towards people while out in public. It is no surprise that this fkn moron is also a “flat earther” according to the story.

• Wow
Reactions: ddgermann
I would be pissed as well Zig. I would sit down with your GM and relate your fears of the virus entering your workplace, if it not already has, through the fault of this worker who refuses to acknowledge or mitigate the threat, let alone his attitude towards a fellow employee... especially a senior employee. Request that the employee be sent home until this virus is no longer a threat and see what your GM says to that. You have a right to a safe workplace as obviously your shop is classified as an essential service or you would not even be working. JMO.... and just in case you need to punch him in the nose, wear your mask and gloves.... ;)

Still a risk of getting his blood on you if you punch him in the nose. Just kick him in the nuts ... twice.. once for each ... and then go rinse your boots.. Did I mention it is prudent to wear steel toed work boots to your lab during these trying times?

I heard Tequila cures everything if you consume large amounts daily. And if it doesn't you don't really care. :drunk:
Freggin right it does this is my mexico morning routine 1 good shot of tequila, 1 swig of Pepto, 1 immodium and life is good

Sadly our lives are circulated around hospitals these days. The screening started in earnest on Monday, the number of people there dramatically fell. Most people are doing their best but some folks maybe not so much. One fellow, no mask on at all walking around yelling in his phone to someone he had the virus. Security, Security. This situation could not have happened at a worse time for us.

We just keep carrying on. Folks take care of yourselves your family and friends. Uncharted times.
stay safe my friend -- regards from Cambridge.

This scary behaviour needs to be stopped. Obviously he does not understand the severity of this pandemic. Maybe he needs to stay home and get caught up on the latest news on TV.
Hope this is rectified soon.

Trust me Derek, if it was up to me he would have been gone and walked out of the office at that point, no questions asked. He has expressed over that last couple week what a conspiracy this entire thing has been, and that it is just a flu. I hate to wish ill fate on people, but I am wishing that Karma kicks on these loosers, sooner than later! Stay safe and well all my Vette friends!

Ziggy you need to keep an eye on this guy, clearly there is more going on with this person. I would never turn my back on this one. The stress is putting some people over the edge, I have seen it a few times when I have been out foraging for food.

Take care.

Looks like the army has arrived in Toronto. On stand by if needed.

Well folks, things are getting real here now. Here is an update from Thailand. My free visa extension is costing me $1200 for 3 months as there is some latitude given to local immigration offices despite the federally announced free automatic visa "amnesty" for expats stuck in Thailand. This was to avoid the gathering of people at the immigration centers to get extensions on their visa. And I get to go to the immigration office to get it. (I'm sending someone in my stead...another $100) Haha I love the way things work here sometimes.

So on top that annoying news they have banned the sale of alcohol here as of today to at least April 30th. So I topped up as being stuck in front of my pool and 72' garden TV daily leaves me little choice but to hunker down and try to enjoy the lockdown. Not much else to do in all this sunny 33 degree sunny weather as the airports are still closed and I don't expect to get back to work in April. Trying for the 22nd but..no flights and big drama getting into Indonesia.

Should hopefully make till the end of the month at least. Maybe longer...

Oh Ya... I bought some food and bbq supplies too.

7C302343-614A-46DA-8DA5-EAA652445059_1_105_c.jpeg
95240387-3AC5-4CD4-8634-C42251DFE46D_1_105_c.jpeg

IMG_4843 2.JPG

Be well everyone.

D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread