Was that not a miscalculation caused by the switch from Imperial measurement to metric?
Yes, that was the final straw. There was a series of things happening prior to the miscalculation. In Crew Resource Management we call it the Swiss cheese model. A series of small holes, in and of themselves meaningless, until all the holes line up.

Was that not a miscalculation caused by the switch from Imperial measurement to metric?
Yes it was Murray... Or at least that was what they said it was... Like Al said... math is hard.... We started the system change in the mid 70's in NS but there were many sectors of pretty much everything that dug their heels in and stalled converting for quite some time... there were many industries that were still imperial in the mid 80's and some, including farmers, still are imperial today.... oops...I see Al beat me to it.... Oh well

It is also made more complicated because larger aircraft don’t operate on miles per gallon or litres per hundred kilometers. Fuel is quantified in pounds and operating in pounds per hour. So there is an additional calculation because nobody sells fuel by the pound.

I wash my soft indoor cover ever year.. so far its holding up.

In addition to what I may or may not have said in the past.. while keeping myself busy during this current crisis.
I was cleaning out my office desk and came upon the care and cleaning instructions on my car cover.:Banghead:
apparently the BOLD PRINT says "Do not machine wash, Do not machine dry, Air dry only. If an area becomes soiled, use an all purpose cleaner to rub it out and rinse area with water.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
In addition to what I may or may not have said in the past.. while keeping myself busy during this current crisis.
I was cleaning out my office desk and came upon the care and cleaning instructions on my car cover.:Banghead:
apparently the BOLD PRINT says "Do not machine wash, Do not machine dry, Air dry only. If an area becomes soiled, use an all purpose cleaner to rub it out and rinse area with water.
Lol. Too late.......it’s air drying now after being machined washed....

Wow, a lot of reading and good to see the levity coming back. Derek, I think I am also one of the lucky ones, Family is home and well, so far, and I am offshore working and getting paid instead of laid off or something. In a way, out here, we are all sort of quarantined anyway with no contact to the outside world. Saying that, I would love to be home supporting my community and looking out for family and friends.

received_823079174865191.jpeg

I have bugged my sibling over the years about a DVD buying fetish and regret it now as I am now rather grateful being set up for hours and hours (days and days) of self-isolation. Able to watch something that is not easily available anywhere if at all .... This Series is sooooo Entertaining ... Sgt. Schultz is the Man 😂
Realizing Robert Clary (LeBeau) is the only survivor of the Show today (at 94 yrs)
3150E6F8-CBD4-43B9-BC7F-2EAFAE05CBA7.jpeg

Last edited:
It is also made more complicated because larger aircraft don’t operate on miles per gallon or litres per hundred kilometers. Fuel is quantified in pounds and operating in pounds per hour. So there is an additional calculation because nobody sells fuel by the pound.
I think the British sell fuel by the pound.'
Sorry, couldn't help myself

I have bugged my sibling over the years about a DVD buying fetish and regret it now as I am now rather grateful being set up for hours and hours (days and days) of self-isolation. Able to watch something that is not easily available anywhere if at all .... This Series is sooooo Entertaining ... Sgt. Schultz is the Man 😂
Realizing Robert Clary (LeBeau) is the only survivor of the Show today (at 94 yrs)
View attachment 37978
My all time favorite!
It's on the local station every weekday morning. I've recorded every one.
Major Hochtstetter is my favorite (amongst many).

• Haha
Reactions: nascar03 and YFCvii
So I finally got the garage cleaned after it got a lube job yesterday. I will have to TPS the ceiling and repaint to get rid of the stain from Volcano Oil Pan. Washed the car cover on delicate with cold water and double rinsed in cold water. Air dried it and guess what.....it shrunk. About an inch in width and about 2 inches in length (Insert joke here). Still fits but is rather snug. Replaced the valve in the oil pan.

What disaster will befall today?

So I finally got the garage cleaned after it got a lube job yesterday. I will have to TPS the ceiling and repaint to get rid of the stain from Volcano Oil Pan. Washed the car cover on delicate with cold water and double rinsed in cold water. Air dried it and guess what.....it shrunk. About an inch in width and about 2 inches in length (Insert joke here). Still fits but is rather snug. Replaced the valve in the oil pan.

It's all good Al. Your new Vette will shrink somewhat after the first wash and dry as well. ;)

Washed the car cover on delicate with cold water and double rinsed in cold water. Air dried it and guess what.....it shrunk. About an inch in width and about 2 inches in length (Insert joke here).
Ok .... the photo is in my library ...
Waiting for the right moment ...

Don’t wash your vette the same way
But on the bright side .... Your cover will fit ...
840F2536-D6A8-490C-AD80-073827AE8ECB.jpeg

Potentially 6000 suicide deaths in the US possible due to the economic impact of Covid19.

Look after each other. Not everyone has access or the ability to have “digital friends”.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread