One thing that is often missed in these discussions is the fact that wind noise and buffeting in coupe will be much worse.

I already drive with earplugs on the highway with my HTC top down because it’s just too loud. Would be much worse in a coupe.
I have a coupe and haven’t noticed that buffeting people talk about. Doesn’t seem as bad as other non c8 convertibles I’ve driven.

Scott, now that you saw the clear engine cover on mine to allow you to see and display your engine, it’s a no brainer. Just be ready for a lot of attention as you have paparazzi snapping pics as your HTC becomes a transformer with the roof going up and down mesmerizing people. Plus the thrill / ability to raise and lower the top while driving. Plus like others have said you gain a 2nd trunk (no roof panel to haul). I call that a win-win-win-win. My vote is and always will be HTC. If it was a Z06 might be a different answer
I have the clear engine cover on my HTC and it looks great however it’s a bit of a pain as the engine and intake get dirty therefore you need to take the clear cover off to clean it!

• Wow
Reactions: Bunny hop
I tinted the windows and readjusted the camera mirror and I'm getting much less glare. Man I should have bought the HTC from the start. I go topless so much more than I did with the coupe.
Insert Jack Racoon comment here_______________lol
Jack left me as power of attorney while he is on vacation (or taking a social media break like the Hollywood celebrities) …..

“nobody here wants to see you topless, glare or no glare”

My work here is done !

Reactions: PapaSmurf and KTJF
Hi everyone, well it's just about that time for me to order again. Started with Coupe before the HTC's were being built
and then tried out the convertible. Z06 is still not available for me.
Just wondering from those out there that have had both, if you were going to do it all over again, which would you
choose and why?
I think you are just bragging!!

I think you are just bragging!!
No Davigar, two months ago when I started this thread, I was looking for others thoughts about both models and which way they would go
if they were ordering again. After more than a hundred responses and agreeing with most, I actually changed my order which is now sitting at
3000 status. I guess you missed the post when I was asking?

I had a 2021 coupe, have had my 2023 HTC just over a month and if I can get an Eray or Z06 I will order another’s HTC .
Curious to hear after two years with a coupe and only one month with the HTC, what makes you want to stay with the convertible?

Curious to hear after two years with a coupe and only one month with the HTC, what makes you want to stay with the convertible?
When I had my coupe I never took off the targa top , too much trouble , afraid to damage it . With my HTC I drive to and from work with the top down . Going topless is acheived at the touch of a button . One day it started to rain , no worries , I closed the top while driving . I guess I really appreciate the convenience .And as a result the top is always down wether it’s sunny or cloudy .

I'm one month in to the Convertible now and I have to say I should have ordered one right from the beginning. I take the top off on the HTC several times a day. With my coupe I probably took it of ten times all summer.

I've actually had the top down more in the HTC in a month than the coupe in three years combined.

Also the wind buffeting at highway speeds in the HTC is much less than the coupe. In my coupe anything above 120 was uncomfortable even with the side windows up. The HTC is good to speeds of 140 with much less buffeting.

Its way more convenient for an old broken guy like me. :p

Last edited:
I'm one month in to the Convertible now and I have to say I should have ordered one right from the beginning. I take the top off on the HTC several times a day. With my coupe I probably took it of ten times all summer.

I've actually had the top down more in the HTC in a month than the coupe in three years combined.

Also the wind buffeting at highway speeds in the HTC is much less than the coupe. In my coupe anything above 120 was uncomfortable even with the side windows up. The HTC is good to speeds of 140 with much less buffeting.

I guess tolerances differ from one to another. I don't find any buffetings at all in my coupe. I do 0 to 140 all the time! ;)
Although I do find my hat has to be pulled over my forehead to keep it on my head! LOL
Maybe I'm just used to it from having camaro's for 25 years before this C8.

Papa, you pretty much summed up what many other have said. In my coupe, I had the transparent top, and left in the sun it would get so hot, you couldn't remove it with microfiber rags or you would burn your hand. Even if it wasn't hot, it would get finger prints all over it when you went to take off or put on, hence using the rags each time. It's so much easier to have the HTC, I decided to go back to one with Z51, mag ride and front lift like I had in my coupe. I read on the other thread your missing mag ride this time...perhaps another HTC order is in the future for you?

I guess tolerances differ from one to another. I don't find any buffetings at all in my coupe. I do 0 to 140 all the time! ;)
Although I do find my hat has to be pulled over my forehead to keep it on my head! LOL
Maybe I'm just used to it from having camaro's for 25 years before this C8.

Murray, you're the type a guy that probably has a Tilley with a chin strap...

Looking forward to the Car-B-Q!!!!

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Murray, you're the type a guy that probably has a Tilley with a chin strap...
Looking forward to the Car-B-Q!!!!
LOL! No way man, though my Grand Couslings did get me one for Christmas.
I have a C7 Stingray hat! I'll be wearing it for the Car-B-Q ... or maybe I should wear my Tilley with the chin strap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.