For me it's the HTC. The practicality of the htc for the removal, installation and storage for the roof structure makes it worthwhile imo. It's too arduous to do this in the coupe.. On a sunny day the roof will go up or down multiple times and with the htc it's a button. Finally it does look very cool when you're driving and the roof comes on or down...Such a poser!

For me it's the HTC. The practicality of the htc for the removal, installation and storage for the roof structure makes it worthwhile imo. It's too arduous to do this in the coupe.. On a sunny day the roof will go up or down multiple times and with the htc it's a button. Finally it does look very cool when you're driving and the roof comes on or down...Such a poser!
“ARDUOUS” -(def) involving or requiring strenuous effort; difficult and tiring.
That’s a 50 cent word. But seriously, ARDUOUS to take roof off coupe? it takes me 60 seconds and it not difficult at all and certainly not tiring.
I get the HTC benefits, I would still get a coupe especially with the cost variance and issues the HTC has encountered with cables

• Agree
Reactions: KTJF and 1st Vette
Understood. Arduous compared to holding a button up/down for a few seconds. Plus having my golf clubs in the trunk on the way to the course and back with the top down. It works for me. I have put 2500kms on the car in the 7 weeks of ownership. Track mileage maybe 100kms, the other kms it's been a touring car. The HTC was worth it for me. It doesn't need to make sense for everyone. I get that and appreciate your position.

Understood. Arduous compared to holding a button up/down for a few seconds. Plus having my golf clubs in the trunk on the way to the course and back with the top down. It works for me. I have put 2500kms on the car in the 7 weeks of ownership. Track mileage maybe 100kms, the other kms it's been a touring car. The HTC was worth it for me. It doesn't need to make sense for everyone. I get that and appreciate your position.
As indicated I get the HTC benefits, if you get the gist of my post it’s the contention with the word ARDUOUS …a little over stated. It is more time consuming yes, but certainly not ARDUOUS even camparitively.

As indicated I get the HTC benefits, if you get the gist of my post it’s the contention with the word ARDUOUS …a little over stated. It is more time consuming yes, but certainly not ARDUOUS even camparitively.
It is awkward at the very least and for many women it's not only arduous, but impossible to remove the roof. In certain positions of removal the weight is not balanced. It can be even harder to put back on and care needs to be taken so as not to scratch any paint. I'm over 70 and find it awkward to take on and off.

It is awkward at the very least and for many women it's not only arduous, but impossible to remove the roof. In certain positions of removal the weight is not balanced. It can be even harder to put back on and care needs to be taken so as not to scratch any paint. I'm over 70 and find it awkward to take on and off.
Awkward I get , I’m 69 and have no issues with the 15.7 pound roof removal. Many might have physical issues but for most C8 owners I suspect 15.7 pounds would not be ARDUOUS.

Awkward I get , I’m 69 and have no issues with the 15.7 pound roof removal. Many might have physical issues but for most C8 owners I suspect 15.7 pounds would not be ARDUOUS.
Your in better shape than I then. Lifting 15.7 pounds straight up is one thing. Leveraging it is quite another.

Reactions: EMMDEE
Each to their own (as with all things Corvette), but personally, I wouldn't want to lose the space.
I've also heard that the 'see-through' roof, while lighter, gets to be like a grow-op in the Sun.

Your in better shape than I then. Lifting 15.7 pounds straight up is one thing. Leveraging it is quite another.
I suspect I might be as probably most C8 owners might be. Anyway I just took might top off took me 58 seconds. On my way to spend some of that cash I saved LOL.
moving-on-dot-com

I suspect I might be as probably most C8 owners might be. Anyway I just took might top off took me 58 seconds. On my way to spend some of that cash I saved LOL.
moving-on-dot-com
My wife certainly can not do it. She is an owner. The longer the arms the easier as well. We shouldn't make judgments about all owners. You find it easy. I don't.

Until it doesn’t…..;)

My wife, is just as happy as I am about the HTC. She would of never have tried taking the top off. She is 5 feet 2, so you get the gist . When I used to take it off my coupe and had had a few beers, she would worry about me dropping it. Once, we did not bring it with us, so I could fit more stuff in the trunk and it had said 0% chance of rain. Of course big dark clouds started rolling in where we were!!! No rain, thank GOD but scared the .... out of us. So again the extra $ was worth it. Anyway I always wanted an HTC , I was not going to pass it up this time. I also like the look of the HTC, better than the coupe. Not saying the coupe does not look great. ;) :) Just IMO.

Just came back from Bayfield and every so often it started to rain on the way. We had the HTC going up and down like a yoyo. If it was a Coup we would have drove the 3.5 hour trip with the top on instead of continually unpacking the trunk to either get to the top or make room for it. The wife also would never attempt to remove and replace it herself as well. In OUR CASE it was the best money spent!

“ARDUOUS” -(def) involving or requiring strenuous effort; difficult and tiring.
That’s a 50 cent word. But seriously, ARDUOUS to take roof off coupe? it takes me 60 seconds and it not difficult at all and certainly not tiring.
I get the HTC benefits, I would still get a coupe especially with the cost variance and issues the HTC has encountered with cables
I've had both, and my reason for not wanting a Conv. before the HTC was solely looks...Couldn't stand the look of the rag tops (car looks awful with the roof up)...but the HTC looks amazing (up or down), and I must say I have the top off so much more (all the time actually even for the shortest drives) than I did with the coupe, and I didn't mind taking the Targa top off, but the convenience of the HTC is greater than I thought....No comparison if you have the extra $$ available...

My wife, is just as happy as I am about the HTC. She would of never have tried taking the top off. She is 5 feet 2, so you get the gist . When I used to take it off my coupe and had had a few beers, she would worry about me dropping it. Once, we did not bring it with us, so I could fit more stuff in the trunk and it had said 0% chance of rain. Of course big dark clouds started rolling in where we were!!! No rain, thank GOD but scared the .... out of us. So again the extra $ was worth it. Anyway I always wanted an HTC , I was not going to pass it up this time. I also like the look of the HTC, better than the coupe. Not saying the coupe does not look great. ;) :) Just IMO.
I with you here.....
It's funny, why do all Coupe owners get defensive and argue til they are blue in the face about how much better the coupe is than the HTC. I've never met an owner of a HTC saying they wish they had the coupe. Once you go HTC, there is no going back for many reasons.....

I with you here.....
It's funny, why do all Coupe owners get defensive and argue til they are blue in the face about how much better the coupe is than the HTC.
Don't lump all coupe owners in the same basket.
1. One was not available when I bought the coupe.
2. They are more expensive, If available I doubt I'd have bought one simply for the price.
Still, I do like the ease of use. Love the HTC aspect. If it was a rag top my wife wouldn't let me buy one. I like to roll cars! ;)

I with you here.....
It's funny, why do all Coupe owners get defensive and argue til they are blue in the face about how much better the coupe is than the HTC. I've never met an owner of a HTC saying they wish they had the coupe. Once you go HTC, there is no going back for many reasons.....
Not true I went from an HTC to Coupe, no Regrets

Reactions: 1st Vette
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.