Jack when I sent this out a year ago May, I was asking people who had already owned both if they were going to order a third C8 which way would they go and why?
Again, the question was posed to people who had owned both. Since then the final 2023 numbers have come out for Canada with the HTC Stingray selling 1.3% more units than the coupe and 1% more in the Z06 out of the total model years production. HTC was 1512 sold vs 1339 coupes in Stingrays and 185 Z06 HTC's vs 143 Z06 coupes.
I was serious when I asked this question and appreciated the responses that I got in this thread and decided to stay with the HTC even though the majority of the Corvettes that I have owned over the years have been coupes. I couldn't disagree more with your response.

Yes, just a true hard top Coupe. Structural integrity would be enhanced also...

Quote Reply

[IMG alt="Mr.Corvette"]https://data.canadiancorvetteforums.com/avatars/m/6/6760.jpg?1694987298[/IMG]

Mr.Corvette

Corvette Concierge​

Power User
Vendor
Forum Sponsor

Sep 10, 20201,4591,322LondonVetteCoins30,041Car2023 Corvette HTCProvinceON
Yes, just a true hard top Coupe. Structural integrity would be enhanced also...
Back then the C5 was 4 1/2 times structurally stronger than the C4 with no squeaks and rattles with or without a roof.
In the coupe, I preferred it with the transparent top as it made the car feel more open and less confined.
Either way your votes for a coupe not the HTC if you were to order another C8 it sounds like.

Jack when I sent this out a year ago May, I was asking people who had already owned both if they were going to order a third C8 which way would they go and why?
Again, the question was posed to people who had owned both. Since then the final 2023 numbers have come out for Canada with the HTC Stingray selling 1.3% more units than the coupe and 1% more in the Z06 out of the total model years production. HTC was 1512 sold vs 1339 coupes in Stingrays and 185 Z06 HTC's vs 143 Z06 coupes.
I was serious when I asked this question and appreciated the responses that I got in this thread and decided to stay with the HTC even though the majority of the Corvettes that I have owned over the years have been coupes. I couldn't disagree more with your response.
2024 will be a demographic change for Canadian Corvettes. More people have chosen Coupes and 1LTs

I have had two HTCs. I don't want to give up a trunk every time I put the roof down (take it off). I don't like to leave the interior exposed when I go to large parking lots so putting the top up/down or on/off every time I go to a mall is much easier with the HTC. I also like to be able to raise or lower the top while driving without having to stop the car. If in town I just make sure I am below 50kph and push or pull the button. It is also nice to lower the back window with the HTC on certain days. I can hear the exhaust better in that situation of the roof is up. :)

I have had two HTCs. I don't want to give up a trunk every time I put the roof down (take it off). I don't like to leave the interior exposed when I go to large parking lots so putting the top up/down or on/off every time I go to a mall is much easier with the HTC. I also like to be able to raise or lower the top while driving without having to stop the car. If in town I just make sure I am below 50kph and push or pull the button. It is also nice to lower the back window with the HTC on certain days. I can hear the exhaust better in that situation of the roof is up. :)
Can I roll it for you? ;)

LOL, and you went the exact opposite to what you said here!:Topicclosed:
I am not "most people" ;)
406442387_10168423479900165_1069079991708677503_n.jpg

Reactions: Bunny Hop
2024 will be a demographic change for Canadian Corvettes. More people have chosen Coupes and 1LTs

Agreed. I think this is because dealers are now getting cars for stock and they want to able to advertise "Brand New C8s In Stock from $89,900!" or whatever the number is. If dealers are taking one for unsold stock, most of them are more comfortable stocking a cheaper 1LT coupe than a jammed 3LT HTC.

Customers are trying to keep them under $100K as well. I am going to order a 2LT but it wont be a crazy jammed one. I would rather have HTC than Z51 to keep the price down.

Hi everyone, well it's just about that time for me to order again. Started with Coupe before the HTC's were being built
and then tried out the convertible. Z06 is still not available for me.
Just wondering from those out there that have had both, if you were going to do it all over again, which would you
choose and why?
HTC always. Best of both worlds. Looks amazing with HT down. Is fair bit more than coupe if cost is a consideration?

HTC always. Best of both worlds. Looks amazing with HT down. Is fair bit more than coupe if cost is a consideration?
Cost was not a consideration when I posted the initial question and that was before the 2024 price increase as well.
The question was if you’ve owned both types of C8,’s what would you get if you were doing it a third time?

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Post a poll with comments disabled. You will receive your results and won't have to keep reminding the minions that you serve of the rules.

The last post before the "Great Resurrection" was July 13, 2023. The thread is now 196 posts in. Let us live...

I've owned both and my preference is Coupe

- I do believe 2024 pricing has changed peoples builds , all those expensive options ( HTC 15k more with lux tax ) 3LT/3LZ need to be considered
- The poll also didn't reflect Stingray/Z06 , my 2c is HTC is fine for a Stingray cruiser but I'd never own a ZO6 HTC because it's a track focused car whether you take it there or not
- FYI I like the look of a coupe better and like the cash it saves me

Sorry to disappoint. Every time I see a Convertible, I check to see if a hot young lady is driving it...
Sorry to disappoint you again Jack, but I see a lot of C8's on my 407 travels daily and to date I have only seen two different women driving C8's, and come to think of it both were women in coupes. What are the odds of that?

So Jack if you are looking to score, look for the coupes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.