You love your HTC, that’s great! I love my coupe and Jack loves the attention! (Couldn’t leave you out of this, Jack!) Carbuff answered the OP’s original question

I drive a Coupe, tinted windows up, stock exhaust in Quiet Mode, eyes straight ahead at stop lights...

Wow! Poor guy answers why he doesn’t like the HTC and everyone jumps down his throat as if you’re taking offense at his dislikes about his car! Not your car, his car! You love your HTC, that’s great! I love my coupe and Jack loves the attention! (Couldn’t leave you out of this, Jack!) Carbuff answered the OP’s original question
No jumping , just my side of the story.;)

Personally, I've only ever driven my sport cars May thru October. While my siblings have owned hardtops, I've never owned a sports car that wasn't a convertible. I'm struggling to even recall a time when I drove my cars with the top up. :cool:

Reactions: Bunny hop
Been thinking of going back to the coupe but being told it's a mistake by many.
We have a lot of wise people on here and was wondering what others thoughts are?
Their opinion would only be valid if they themselves have owned both. If they have only had one model, I would not call them qualified to deliver an informed opinion. That would be a one sided view. I would say the same if they had only driven each model once or twice. They would need a decent amount of ownership time, with both models.

Their opinion would only be valid if they themselves have owned both. If they have only had one model, I would not call them qualified to deliver an informed opinion. That would be a one sided view. I would say the same if they had only driven each model once or twice. They would need a decent amount of ownership time, with both models.
I have had both and HTC all the way.

Reactions: butsy
I think I answered that before but, I think the HTC looks better, no hassle top, it stores itself and installs itself without having to do it manually. I don't have to dust/ clean the engine and it takes only 15 to 18 seconds to look like a coupe, if it starts to rain. Also I like that little back window, that goes up and down, at the touch of a button. No swirling wind when it is down.

Reactions: butsy and Thom
A great big thank you to all of you that have responded to my thread! Up until my 2023 as you can see from my signature,
I have been a "Coupe Guy"! I really like the styling of the coupe, but the Nacelles look has grown on me. I like the transparent
top and the more open feel, but most of the time in the HTC, I have the roof down. I also find there is less buffeting in the HTC
with the back window down compared to my old coupe. When it comes to cleaning, there is a lot less work involved with the HTC
because of not needing to spend about an hour a week cleaning the engine compartment with all of the dirt and dust on the engine
cover and glass as well as removing the water that seeps in during washing. The biggest thing that respondents like is the roof,
the convenience, the additional trunk space and the ease of use. I have read what everyone has said and the vast majority have said
after driving both, if they were to order again that they would go HTC. I must say I agree with you. I now have an opportunity to
upgrade my car while waiting for a Z06, E-Ray and beyond so I have submitted another order this week. I have attached my revised
build as I overlook the Las Vegas strip on my way to check in at Ron Fellows tomorrow.
Let's keep the conversation going. Thanks again to all!

Attachments

• img-613121448-0001 (1).pdf
    41.7 KB · Views: 30
A great big thank you to all of you that have responded to my thread! Up until my 2023 as you can see from my signature,
I have been a "Coupe Guy"! I really like the styling of the coupe, but the Nacelles look has grown on me. I like the transparent
top and the more open feel, but most of the time in the HTC, I have the roof down. I also find there is less buffeting in the HTC
with the back window down compared to my old coupe. When it comes to cleaning, there is a lot less work involved with the HTC
because of not needing to spend about an hour a week cleaning the engine compartment with all of the dirt and dust on the engine
cover and glass as well as removing the water that seeps in during washing. The biggest thing that respondents like is the roof,
the convenience, the additional trunk space and the ease of use. I have read what everyone has said and the vast majority have said
after driving both, if they were to order again that they would go HTC. I must say I agree with you. I now have an opportunity to
upgrade my car while waiting for a Z06, E-Ray and beyond so I have submitted another order this week. I have attached my revised
build as I overlook the Las Vegas strip on my way to check in at Ron Fellows tomorrow.
Have fun at Spring Moungain, Scott!

That is going to be, a really, fully, loaded car. Congrats.

That is going to be, a really, fully, loaded car. Congrats.
Like my 2020 Coupe was but this one has more. Got accepted this morning with no constraints. I am not hearing good things about the price increase coming on the 2024’s so I hope my sources are wrong!

Attachments

• IMG_1475.jpeg
    IMG_1475.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1470.jpeg
    IMG_1470.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1466.jpeg
    IMG_1466.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
Well finally discussed HTC/coupe with wife (supermodel). My previous was HTC MB SLK350 purchased in 2005. I specced an HTC but she specced coupe. I'm OK with all her choices. So her rationale: convertibles are bought by old guys who want to be cool but aren't and want to drive by high schools and see who looks (no one)

The convertible, with top down, is noisy, bad for your skin, bad for your hair, bad sound system, cannot make phone calls, etc etc. Its just a waste of money. No one thinks its good but you. The only benefit is you can put it back on quickly. Huh?

Well finally discussed HTC/coupe with wife (supermodel). My previous was HTC MB SLK350 purchased in 2005. I specced an HTC but she specced coupe. I'm OK with all her choices. So her rationale: convertibles are bought by old guys who want to be cool but aren't and want to drive by high schools and see who looks (no one)

The convertible, with top down, is noisy, bad for your skin, bad for your hair, bad sound system, cannot make phone calls, etc etc. Its just a waste of money. No one thinks its good but you. The only benefit is you can put it back on quickly. Huh?
Well, that settles it - no convertible for you.
As for that money you are saving - not to worry - it sounds like the wife will spend it for you on skin care, hair treatments, and data plans.
Keep that engine clean, my friend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.